ADVERTISEMENT

Strength

Hmmm , if my memory serves me right, I think Rob, Justin, Big Z all looked like they borrowed the Arnold genetics…

Anyhow, I don’t think John Wall , Fox or Davis impressed us with their muscles but with basketball related skills or athletic abilities.

While this year team does not seem to have extreme athletic abilities as Calipari teams spoiled us with , this year team players should have good shooting, passing and defensive skills and high basketball iq. Time will tell if these skills are as good as advertised .

Being the first year under Coach Pope, and a team put together from the portal in 2-3 weeks, with players that never played together or under Pope system, I don’t have high expectations. Next year will be also first year Pope can recruit , so I think is only fair to expect a final four and above after year 3.

Meanwhile the strength and muscles , I think are just fine.
Rob, Justin, and Z were thin as rails. Rob is a bulldog and an amazing ball player but he’s not a great defender because of his size. The other 2 got pushed around all year.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT