ADVERTISEMENT

"Now in our state, they want my mission to be, 'win national titles, win national titles.' My mission is bigger than that."

Bump.

"Last year we started the season with a goal," Calipari said. "You may think it was to win a national title or win all the games, [but] it was to get eight players drafted. Well, how can you be about your team if you're worried about getting players drafted? We kind of work it the other way. What are your dreams? What are you looking for? What are you trying to get out of life? How can we help you with that?

"For me, the mission for me is to be a vehicle to help others reach their dreams, to be the stone that creates the ripple in their lives that goes on and on and on. Now in our state, they want my mission to be, 'win national titles, win national titles.' My mission is bigger than that."

- John Calipari
Cal is just full of horse shit. That spiel above is one for the ages and Barnhart should have called him out on it. Leave now Cal.

"Last year we started the season with a goal," Calipari said. "You may think it was to win a national title or win all the games, [but] it was to get eight players drafted. Well, how can you be about your team if you're worried about getting players drafted? We kind of work it the other way. What are your dreams? What are you looking for? What are you trying to get out of life? How can we help you with that?

"For me, the mission for me is to be a vehicle to help others reach their dreams, to be the stone that creates the ripple in their lives that goes on and on and on. Now in our state, they want my mission to be, 'win national titles, win national titles.' My mission is bigger than that."

- John Calipari
He’s in the wrong state.

"Biggest night in UK history"
Cal at the 2010 NBA draft

Bump
nSu9dEu.png

I have been a Kentucky fan since a small child. I am now in my 70's, never did I think I could not be a Kentucky fan anymore. Calipari has pushed me to the edge, if he is not dismissed or he should leave on his own (never happen) this very well could be my last year for basketball. A lot of my family never watches anymore because of Cal, looks like I will be joining the others shortly. I can't stand the man and hate what he is doing to this program. I want his rear out and would gladly donate to a fund to remove him. My rant, I own it.

I have been a Kentucky fan since a small child. I am now in my 70's, never did I think I could not be a Kentucky fan anymore. Calipari has pushed me to the edge, if he is not dismissed or he should leave on his own (never happen) this very well could be my last year for basketball. A lot of my family never watches anymore because of Cal, looks like I will be joining the others shortly. I can't stand the man and hate what he is doing to this program. I want his rear out and would gladly donate to a fund to remove him. My rant, I own it.
Beautiful post. I am in the same boat. It’s very sad.

I feel the same way. I'm on the edge too, never thought that would ever be a thing for me. I'm disgusted at the thought of him putting the NBA draft ahead of UK.

I find it hard to watch anymore. When I try seeing him jiggle up the court yelling like a maniac makes we want to turn off the tv.

I went to one of Cal’s book signings. The packed Barnes and Noble started chanting “Go Big Blue” when Cal walked out. His response was, “Y’all are crazy” that subtle jab at the fans he always does. I got a picture and his autograph (which I still have, and can post a photo for proof.) It was obvious from his demeanor he didn’t want to be there. Ever since all my opinions of Cal turned, I saw his true feelings of BBN.

Reactions: ArcadiaFan
I went to one of Cal’s book signings. The packed Barnes and Noble started chanting “Go Big Blue” when Cal walked out. His response was, “Y’all are crazy” that subtle jab at the fans he always does. I got a picture and his autograph (which I still have, and can post a photo for proof.) It was obvious from his demeanor he didn’t want to be there. Ever since all my opinions of Cal turned, I saw his true feelings of BBN.
God forbid he fulfills the contractual obligations of his bloated financial compensation...sounds like you soured on him about the same time as I did...

I’m not sure if I should be ashamed or proud. I’m only 62. Everything else is the same.

Reactions: BigBlueFanGA
I'd like to see that picture if it's no trouble.

Well Ed323232 said good for y'all if you wasn't going to watch Kentucky much longer. He said that would just be more seats so the real fans could actually finally get a seat to (their living rooms) watch a game.

Ed will quote some scripture about it all. In his Bible in them little blue letters it means Jesus or Ed323232 actually said it. Like in KJV Jesus spoke in Red... I wished He didn't have to do Red but oh well. But now in Eds King Cal Version it says "As for me (ED) and my house we will serve the Lord Cal.

Ed's not about to take any chances on burning in hell. Plus somewhere in that Bible I can see KyBass playing a part at the last supper. Ed reeled in 2 Bass and fed the entire fan base bass. And if ya don't believe in Eds Bible you won't get no fish probably.

When Calipari was first hired here, I advocated for it. I knew a lot about the guy from my affiliation with UofM and his years there. I knew what type of person he was. But I was willing to do it because at the time he was a maniac who hated losing and was hungry.

But the day it was finalized I felt a sense of dread come over me like a black cloud had shifted on top of the state of Kentucky. It was a weird thing and now I feel like it was just my awareness of what would eventually happen if we didn’t make his time short. I was always uneasy about Calipari being in control of UK, because it was my favorite program and team and I never trusted him or thought he’d be in control of it.

We didn’t handle this well and we’re going to pay (hopefully minimal). We’ve already experienced apathy, our fans don’t know what being UK is about anymore, and Calipari has succeeded in lowering expectations. Now he’s back to his angry self and wants to hurt us on the way out which I’ve said for years will happen if we’re not careful how we end it.

Buckle up.

Bump.

This man is sick and twisted (SAT). He says his mission is bigger than winning titles which would suggest winning titles is a given ... guaranteed, as he plows forward beyond the titles, to achieve his greater mission. The problem I see with that is he forgets to win the titles. Here's a thought ... he knows that he can't coach and uses this OAD crap as cover while selling UK and BBN this hopium. I hope people begin to see Calipari for who and what he is. For all of us, the longer BBN puts up with this SAT pinhead, the more it becomes our fault. Nice work Gus for continuing to remind us of who this man really is. Just for added clarity on this subject ... read the signature line just below my post. A quote from Calipari himself taken from his book that no one bought.
He should have been fired from the University of Kentucky when he basically said his job was not for the program. His faith, his family, the program, the players. In that order

the actual words of begok demonstrate exactly why UK men's basketball has fallen into the abyss of mediocrity--9-16 season, and loss n the ncaaT to round of 64 team.

"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored"

rr

Reactions: ukjenning44
When Calipari was first hired here, I advocated for it. I knew a lot about the guy from my affiliation with UofM and his years there. I knew what type of person he was. But I was willing to do it because at the time he was a maniac who hated losing and was hungry.

But the day it was finalized I felt a sense of dread come over me like a black cloud had shifted on top of the state of Kentucky. It was a weird thing and now I feel like it was just my awareness of what would eventually happen if we didn’t make his time short. I was always uneasy about Calipari being in control of UK, because it was my favorite program and team and I never trusted him or thought he’d be in control of it.

We didn’t handle this well and we’re going to pay (hopefully minimal). We’ve already experienced apathy, our fans don’t know what being UK is about anymore, and Calipari has succeeded in lowering expectations. Now he’s back to his angry self and wants to hurt us on the way out which I’ve said for years will happen if we’re not careful how we end it.

Buckle up.

Bump.
Now I remember my beef with you lol. I thought you switched sides. Yeah, it’s about to get ugly. I remember a couple other times like this though. UK will prevail.

Reactions: ukjenning44
Now I remember my beef with you lol. I thought you switched sides. Yeah, it’s about to get ugly. I remember a couple other times like this though. UK will prevail.

Hell no I’m UK by birth. You just have seen Bass and his nonsense trying to convince people of that. I go back to wildcat chat bro.

My dads family is from mayfield. I was raised in Tennessee. I wore UK garb directly after birth. I was at Pitino camps. Grew up going to campus. My uncle was best friends with Mike Pratt. Went to college with him.

I repped UK in a sea of Tennessee assholes and Memphis fans growing up. I’ve battled more for UK than anyone here.

By affiliation I meant a UM student. I’m actually a grad student at UK currently and finishing thank god.

Hell no I’m UK by birth. You just have seen Bass and his nonsense trying to convince people of that. I go back to wildcat chat bro.

My dads family is from mayfield. I was raised in Tennessee. I wore UK garb directly after birth. I was at Pitino camps. Grew up going to campus. My uncle was best friends with Mike Pratt. Went to college with him.

I repped UK in a sea of Tennessee assholes and Memphis fans growing up. I’ve battled more for UK than anyone here.

By affiliation I meant a UM student. I’m actually a grad student at UK currently and finishing thank god.
Didn’t explain myself well at all. As I said in another thread, when I had my beef with you, I was drunk, plain and simple. I understand you’re situation, admire it actually. I actually went back to finish my degree when I was 29, but still lacked a couple semesters finishing when my son was born, and life happened. No regrets though. What I meant was whatever post I responded to I took it you were defending Cal. That’s why I was pissed lol. Vodka and keyboards apparently don’t mix.

• Haha
Reactions: blue woman
Bad thing he said this garbage before brainfart signed him to a lifetime contract. I guess brainfart is getting some Karma paid back to him.
But us fans have to suffer as well 😡

Reactions: blue woman
God forbid he fulfills the contractual obligations of his bloated financial compensation...sounds like you soured on him about the same time as I did...
Totally agree, the problem is its hard to run off a dog from his bowl, translation if you are being paid 9 mil a year you aren't gonna quit when you are getting away with no productivity and its gonna be a hard pill to swallow to eat his contract then turn around and pay thru the nose for another high profile coach, he has us right where he wants us.

Totally agree, the problem is its hard to run off a dog from his bowl, translation if you are being paid 9 mil a year you aren't gonna quit when you are getting away with no productivity and its gonna be a hard pill to swallow to eat his contract then turn around and pay thru the nose for another high profile coach, he has us right where he wants us.
Much as I despise Cal, I really don’t see that as a reason he hangs on. He is arrogant, but I don’t sense greedy. He wants to be remembered for getting kids to money. Check. I think he knew coming in he wouldn’t be remembered for championships. Check. That’s where he took us snipe hunting. We were suckered. To his credit, imo, it’s not about money.

Reactions: jrm693
Much as I despise Cal, I really don’t see that as a reason he hangs on. He is arrogant, but I don’t sense greedy. He wants to be remembered for getting kids to money. Check. I think he knew coming in he wouldn’t be remembered for championships. Check. That’s where he took us snipe hunting. We were suckered. To his credit, imo, it’s not about money.
I am not going to disagree with your point at all, but it would still be hard to walk away from a job that pays that kind of money, maybe not for himself buy it insures his family will be financially secure for their future and grandkids as well...just thinking of myself and most we are trying to build something for the future for those who come after us.

Reactions: Backer cutter
I am not going to disagree with your point at all, but it would still be hard to walk away from a job that pays that kind of money, maybe not for himself buy it insures his family will be financially secure for their future and grandkids as well...just thinking of myself and most we are trying to build something for the future for those who come after us.
For me, yeah. Can’t fathom that kind of money. But it’s a different kinda deal for those guys.

Reactions: jrm693
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT