ADVERTISEMENT

"Now in our state, they want my mission to be, 'win national titles, win national titles.' My mission is bigger than that."

CB3UK stated "Getting drafted is supposed to be a byproduct of winning big games at this level."
CatPatrick13 stated "No one can reach their goals and objectives without winning. I don’t know anyone who reaches them by losing." I wholeheartedly agree!

I believe the pro-day that CCC started is one glaring aspect of what is wrong with the program today. I feel it shifts the emphasis from team to individual. Jacob and Oscar were told by the NBA scouts that they wanted to see them improve their range. Great - do it in practice and on your own time. Once and if you get proficient, shoot these shots in the game.

COW's statements earlier in his career about his mission, players first, and other similar statements should have been addressed by his bosses, (Mitch and Eli) at the time. He should have been told these would not be tolerated from then on and could result in discipline or dismissal. However, nothing of the sort was done and COW knew that he had the upper hand and could do as he wanted. This "monster" was created by his bosses and further validated by the asinine lifetime contract.

I think his Waterloo will be next year with the #1 recruiting class. He will be expected to win at a high level, the regular season SEC, the SEC tournament, and an Elite Eight at minimum. My contention is that you will not go far in the SEC or NCAA tournaments with a team primarily dependent on freshmen. Also, I do not think that any current player on the roster that is eligible to come back is a lock to do so. A roster with 5 freshmen and a number of transfers does not bode well for next season.

As far as getting rid of CCC, I came across this information a few months ago.

For 2022 - Each SEC school received $54 million per year up $10 million since 2021 from the SEC TV contract.
UK total revenue was $116 million in 2021. Now, I have no clue if the $$$ are just for the athletic fund or do they go into the UK general fund. I have seen others post on this forum that CCC, should he be terminated, would not be owed the buyout in a lump sum but over a period of years. If these dollars are entirely allocated to the athletic fund and if the buyout contractually is to be paid out over a period of years, then the $$$ are there to buy him out now.

No, he flat out told us that winning titles would be the by-product of guys getting drafted. Remember? Drag us over the finish line?

Cal has NEVER lied to us about his intentions here. I’ve said it for years. We, as fans, have just chosen to make excuses for he and his outlandish quotes and never take him at face value. It’s been a defense-mechanism for many.

Below are some of the classics translated:

Cal: “I can’t hide you here”
Fans interpretation: “he’s not going to take it easy on anyone. If you don’t perform, you’ll sit the bench”
Truth: You will play no matter what. That’s my promise if you commit, I will continue to play you through all of your mistakes, no matter what or how many. So if you continue to play poorly you’ll get exposed.

Cal: “I don’t promise anyone playing time”
Fans interpretation: “you have to earn your time here. This is Kentucky and nothing is given, it’s earned”
Truth: The top recruits are 100% guaranteed playing time and given the longest of leashes. This again is his promise in order to get top recruits. Notice his penchant for continuing to play guys that clearly got outplayed by lower-ranked players behind them, even if to the detriment of the team.

Cal: “If they want to go pro, I’m not going to hold them back”
Fans interpretation: “he’s looking out for the kids. This is going to help recruiting because other kids will see that he’s not going to hold them back”
Truth: This aligns perfectly with Cal’s promise to “change lives” and get kids out of generational poverty. It also makes room for next batch of recruits.

There are MANY many more I just don’t feel like typing them out. Maybe @Gromcat remembers a few classic lines.
Read his book, "It's All About the Players," and you will understand why I'm not a Cal fan.

Bump. Don’t be fooled simply because a dead team has shown a little life. CCC will snuff that right out of them sooner or later!

It’s really worked out for him 39/40 of his coaching years. The guy has one title and is the most overrated coach in the history of Kentucky basketball. There are four other coaches who did the same thing for far less $ and with far less talent.

He’s an honest liar. He should have taken his own advice and left after ten years.
That's because you shit out of your mouth and a**
You want to talk about how much time we've had and then another thread talk about how you can't win with freshman.

Please stop with all the negativity! Our coach is achieving exactly what he stated he wanted to do. Those who support him are obviously on the same page as him.

This is just a smokescreen to cover up for his inability to win games. "I don't care about winning games, i'm just here to help young kids achieve their NBA dreams".
This post is spot on. And when Cal finally retires, this is the argument he will use to deflect criticism for only having 1 title despite all that talent.

Reactions: NociHTTP
Nobody on this year's team is any better or closer to their NBA dreams having played for Cal. NOBODY. Their dreams/chances of the NBA would have been just as good or better if they played somewhere else. I'm sure they know it and plenty of people outside the program are seeing it as well.

Reactions: Bluesbrother
This is spot on. It’s like he is the only one that can get these kids to the draft. It’s clearly all about him. “To be the stone that creates the ripple.” 😂😂😂😂😂😂. What a self righteous SOB he is. 98% of the kids that got drafted here under him where going to the league anyways. He thinks he really is responsible (the only one) for getting kids drafted, which is complete bullshit. Maybe 1-2 kids he might have developed and thats being generous.

The “our” state 🙄 crap is about as bad. There is nothing about this state that he belongs to or belongs to him. He is like a politician who is out of touch with his base.

I know a lot of people say he does “charitable work” here. Really? He orders people to help a coalminer and his family-while he doesnt foot the bill to do so. Then self promotes it as if he is so moved by it. He did it for the attention as much as he did it for the right reasons. This coming from someone who has been on the receiving end of his “charity”. Dude is a phony.
You literally state that you personally received some of his "Charity" and are complaining? He showed compassion to you in some manner, but it apparently wasn't good enough?

For the record, I never saw or heard Cal "order" anyone to help that miner.

About 10 or 12 years ago I handed out Christmas bonuses from the Board of Directors to my employees. $50 cash for full time employees, $20 for part time. I didnt choose the amounts. They were the first and last Cash bonuses I ever handed out after a couple of part time Couriers acted like they were going to get physical with me over the amounts. I told them I would be glad to set up a meeting with the board so they could explain how crappy they felt they were treated. They declined obviously.

You seem very bitter about a lot of charity. You aren't one of my former couriers are you?

Read his book, "It's All About the Players," and you will understand why I'm not a Cal fan.
These days, most all UK fans, are not Calipari fans. Those who call themselves Calipari fans ... well, they need some counseling, and I'll leave it at that. 🤣

Reactions: willievic
You literally state that you personally received some of his "Charity" and are complaining? He showed compassion to you in some manner, but it apparently wasn't good enough?

About 10 or 12 years ago I handed out Christmas bonuses from the Board of Directors to my employees. $50 cash for full time employees, $20 for part time. I didnt choose the amounts. They were the first and last Cash bonuses I ever handed out after a couple of part time Couriers acted like they were going to get physical with me over the amounts. I told them I would be glad to set up a meeting with the board so they could explain how crappy they felt they were treated. They declined obviously.

You seem very bitter about a lot of charity. You aren't one of my former couriers are you?
I’m not seeing Cal’s helping others as legit compassion. I’m thinking his good deeds are more about fluffing his own ego and getting that earthly reward and applause. Could be wrong, but I don’t think I am.

That's basically a slap in the face. Hand someone 20$ for their hard work. 50 too. I'd say that's a great company you were part of

I’m not seeing Cal’s helping others as legit compassion. I’m thinking his good deeds are more about fluffing his own ego and getting that earthly reward and applause. Could be wrong, but I don’t think I am.
I don't think you are either ... wrong that is.

Tell someone to go up there and dust off the 2012 banner and the rest. It's going to be real lonely up there because Kentucky will never when shit again as long as CCC is on the sidelines.

It’s really worked out for him 39/40 of his coaching years. The guy has one title and is the most overrated coach in the history of Kentucky basketball. There are four other coaches who did the same thing for far less $ and with far less talent.

He’s an honest liar. He should have taken his own advice and left after ten years.
spot on brother

Not anymore! CCC has ruined it for me. That’s why I will never stop calling for his firing. He took something away from me that I enjoyed very much! I will only get it back once we get a new coach.
Yea I am 66 and I am beginning to think I will never see a UK basketball program that is competitive again. Cal has ruined our once storied Program. It is all about changing the lives of a few athletes. If that is the case let's take his 9 million and do tuition decreases for thousands of students. Those students may graduate and change the lives of millions of people with their work.

It is an excuse because he CAN'T COACH but he can recruit and TEACH players who already have talent.
There is a different in teaching players skills and coaching to win games.

Tired of a teacher UK needs a COACH.

Reactions: NociHTTP
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT