ADVERTISEMENT

Not a fan of the Langford announcement.

I always love it when some rival fan says they're leaving a thread and then posts 4-5 more times in said thread.

People here would respect you more if you just said "I'm desperately seeking validation, you all have owned me in this thread, but I'm still hanging in in the small hope that this fleeting moment of happiness in an otherwise miserable fanhood can be recognized for an instant by the greatest fanbase in all of college basketball".

If you abide by the above terms I will congratulate you on the commitment of a recruit Cal backed off of, but you must quote my post in order to receive said recognition, and post that you agree to take your rightful place as a lowly Hoosiers fan.

You must also post your favorite TV show and/or song from 1987.
@plaxico80 doesnt seem to be a tool like some of the peegs posters. I enjoy to mix it up a lil with other fan bases. Especially in off season when things are quite.

Reactions: jrpross and namnik
No, not trying a hate on the kid. I hope he has many successes in his basketball career. But I got a "me me me" vibe from that announcement. Not to mention a lot of others, including his dad, were trying to steal some of the spotlight. His minister also compared him to Lincoln. I now know why Cal backs off kids sometimes.

Not rooting against Romeo in any way, though. He's a great player and all things considered it is a big get for Archie.

Announcement just felt like "the decision" 2.0 to me.
How? I could understand if he chose somewhere other than Indiana...

Having people get up and speak about you is weird, but otherwise it’s a pretty normal thing to do.

@plaxico80 doesnt seem to be a tool like some of the peegs posters. I enjoy to mix it up a lil with other fan bases. Especially in off season when things are quite.
Not saying he's a tool; he might a real stand up guy.

He can prove such stand up status by following my simple instructions.

Also, I definitely don’t hate IU. I enjoy to bust balls because the IU fans want to be relevant so very badly but the truth is the program hasn’t been “good” in almost 40 years.
Math isn't your strength is it? From 78 to 94 Indiana could be considered elite. From 94 to 2000 they were relevant because they had Knight still. They went to the title in 02 and haven't been consistently relevant since.

That said 24 years since being "good" isn't the best look for a blue blood.

Reactions: UK90
Math isn't your strength is it? From 78 to 94 Indiana could be considered elite. From 94 to 2000 they were relevant because they had Knight still. They went to the title in 02 and haven't been consistently relevant since.

That said 24 years since being "good" isn't the best look for a blue blood.
Were talking ncaa titles here my friend. 1987... I rounded up to 40 because IU sucks. ;)

Get with the joke....

Were talking ncaa titles here my friend. 1987... I rounded up to 40 because IU sucks. ;)

Get with the joke....
Guess that whole 81 thing skipped your mind. By that logic we have sucked now for 6 going on 7 years. Damn, and I really like the 14, 15 and 17 teams too!

Not sure if you watched IU last season, but Juwan Morgan is one helluva ball player. Justin Smith who has all kinds of ability, struggled early but really came on strong late. He should be better than Morgan by early next season. Then (besides Langford) we're adding the top player in Ohio, Jerome Hunter. I personally believe he might end up the best player in that freshman class. Also a run the floor big man (Jake Forrester), a knock down shooter (Damezi Anderson) and a PG to share duties with the experienced Devonte Green (Robert Phinisee). DeRon Davis should be back from an achilles and the reports on redshirt forward Race Thompson have been very, very positive. He'll see plenty of minutes.

With Morgan, Smith, Langford and Hunter, IU shouldn't have a lot of problems scoring. PG could be an issue because Green is erratic and Phinisee is a freshman. If IU has a weakness, that would be it. I the PG's gel, IU will be very good. Defensively they got better and better as the season went on. Scoring was where they had issues. They'll have far less issues this year.

Wow! Other than Langford and Morgan barely, I've never heard of any of those guys. This post reminds me of how we used to convince ourselves on this board about our chances with Tubby's last few rosters talking about the progression of Bobby Perry, Sheray Smith, Woo, Shagari, and other all-state players who never lived up to our hopes and dreams. They were good guys but never accomplished or met the expectations of Kentucky basketball as far as winning and competing for championships. The same fate awaits IU.

Guess that whole 81 thing skipped your mind. By that logic we have sucked now for 6 going on 7 years. Damn, and I really like the 14, 15 and 17 teams too!
What planet have you been on? There are literally hundreds of post about 1987 and IU on here. Also, UK, without a doubt is bomb diggity and definitely the top of food chain. The funny joke is IU. Sorry that you don’t seem to get it. Are you an undercover IU troll???? Hmm. Smh.

Wow! Other than Langford and Morgan barely, I've never heard of any of those guys. This post reminds me of how we used to convince ourselves on this board about our chances with Tubby's last few rosters talking about the progression of Bobby Perry, Sheray Smith, Woo, Shagari, and other all-state players who never lived up to our hopes and dreams. They were good guys but never accomplished or met the expectations of Kentucky basketball as far as winning and competing for championships. The same fate awaits IU.

Remember, Archie was working with Clappy's leftovers.....and they weren't very good (we lost OG, Bryant and Blackmon before last season began. By far the best players on a very poorly coached Clappy team).

I think you'll dig Justin Smith a lot. Jerome Hunter too. Hunter was the number 2 player in Ohio behind Bazley, who he outplayed when they faced each other. He's gonna be a good one.

Remember, Archie was working with Clappy's leftovers.....and they weren't very good (we lost OG, Bryant and Blackmon before last season began. By far the best players on a very poorly coached Clappy team).

I think you'll dig Justin Smith a lot. Jerome Hunter too. Hunter was the number 2 player in Ohio behind Bazley, who he outplayed when they faced each other. He's gonna be a good one.

Okay.

I'm not going to fault the kid. He's stayed after for hours and signed autographs. He's an excellent player. His game fits a style where he needs 20 shots, he needs to control the game. I really think it wouldn't have been a great fit basketball wise even if Cal wanted him and he wanted UK. Now, that the basketball part of it is over. Lavar ain't the first, Romeo's dad won't be the last...I see it all the time where a person in a players circle ruins it for the kid. It's just happening more frequently now. They want some of the shine their kid is getting. They feel its about them. They think they know more than a Hall of Fame coach or even an average coach. In most cases like this the kid never tells dad to pipe down. Whatever happens as a result of dad being the family mouthpiece happens for good or for bad. This is the last time he gets to use the I'm a kid excuse though. He will be done with high school in a month, maybe getting drafted in 13-14 months. He needs to understand this and start directing what's coming out from people in his circle or cut them loose. He clearly hadn't done that. Dad is still running the show. Had Romeo called Cal I'm sure he would have gotten a response. Having dad do that, Cal wasn't willing to deal with that. Cal has had no. 1 picks and lottery picks that weren't that much maintenance. For Romeo's sake I hope he takes over everything in his life. Romeo signing with Indiana was best case scenario for Kentucky. He didn't land at a national championship threat and didn't land at an SEC rival or even a non-conference opponent. It's a win.

Reactions: Cindog28
What planet have you been on? There are literally hundreds of post about 1987 and IU on here. Also, UK, without a doubt is bomb diggity and definitely the top of food chain. The funny joke is IU. Sorry that you don’t seem to get it. Are you an undercover IU troll???? Hmm. Smh.
What planet have I been on? I get the 87 joke but you are the one that used the arbitrary 40 year number that included an Indiana title in 81.

Bet you're no fan of the cancelled series, amirite?
Amirite...geez, why do that to me?

I'm actually a huge proponent of the series. When Indiana and Kentucky are right it really has a natural vitriol that makes it as good of a rivalry as any game college basketball can offer.

Reactions: morgousky
I do find it extremely ironic and quite funny that "some" of you guys get this "high and mighty" attitude and pretend IU is nothing and irrelevant. Meanwhile, on the first page alone there are 6 different topics discussing IU. So which is it? THIS is why most college basketball fans hate you. I know some of you have convinced yourself that everyone is so jealous and that's why you get all the hate...that's not the case. It's not that you win or have a great coach or great recruiting. You do, we all know that..it's impressive. It's this we are so much better than everyone and we look down on every fan or college program that is not a UK. No civilized basketball talk..just little quips that I guess make some of you feel better about your lives. I get living vicariously through your favorite team, we all do it to a certain extent. But, some of you take that cake and RUN with it. Good luck next year, I'm sure you guys will have a great season.

Edit: Make that 8 posts now.

Maybe Cal will write a book about all the recruiting and knuckleheads that make recruiting. Again, this recruitment, please follow the Adidas trail, Cal was not playing those games and Daddy did not like it, kid had a bad back and Cal did what he thought was best, Cal had had already washed his hands of this deal before Egypt. He knew the scuttlebutt, UL,KU, IU all Adidas. UL was favored forever, KU until FBI probe hits,

Kid seems good but Dad. He pretty much said UNC and their practice was a joke, I hate UNC more than UL and Duke combined. You have to be a pompous POS dad to trash Roy. Finalists all played the game, take it for what you want. UL would have been call if not for FBI probe.

I can assure you that this will not be last you have heard of them.

Not sure if you watched IU last season, but Juwan Morgan is one helluva ball player. Justin Smith who has all kinds of ability, struggled early but really came on strong late. He should be better than Morgan by early next season. Then (besides Langford) we're adding the top player in Ohio, Jerome Hunter. I personally believe he might end up the best player in that freshman class. Also a run the floor big man (Jake Forrester), a knock down shooter (Damezi Anderson) and a PG to share duties with the experienced Devonte Green (Robert Phinisee). DeRon Davis should be back from an achilles and the reports on redshirt forward Race Thompson have been very, very positive. He'll see plenty of minutes.

With Morgan, Smith, Langford and Hunter, IU shouldn't have a lot of problems scoring. PG could be an issue because Green is erratic and Phinisee is a freshman. If IU has a weakness, that would be it. If the PG's gel, IU will be very good. Defensively they got better and better as the season went on. Scoring was where they had issues. They'll have far less issues this year.
With what you described in the quoted seems to indicate to me that you are thinking IU is going to be pretty good next year.
What is your prediction for IU in 18/19? Reading your post gives me the impression that you think IU is an NCAAT team and possibly good enough to maybe make a sweet 16? Am I accurate with that?
I mean, you can't brag about the talent you have, the talent you're getting and the "great" coach you have, then say it's another rebuilding year. So are you thinking sweet 16? E8?

Some say the inability to make it to a Final Four runs in the Miller family.

Well, they ain’t wrong. :joy: I don’t know if Archie will make it there either, but he has that popular thing people call “potential”. He’s young and has a lot of years left so he either succeeds here and goes up or goes back to a mid major and tries to work his way back up again. Sean miller on the other hand needs to figure things out because with the talent he’s had at Arizona, he should have been to a couple by now. He’s been there since 2009 and I’d say he should start to get worried because if he was at any blue blood program, the fans would be a little disgruntled by now to say the least. I know, me obvious over here, but my goodness, somethings gotta give.

IU fans....... Langford didnt tell Cal his back was hurting and bothering him that bad during try outs and when Langford tweaked it... Cal was very upset that it cost a healthy player a spot on the team.... Langford didnt take kindly to Cal telling him he was selfish for doing so... and at that point ...both went their separate ways.

Reactions: Cindog28
No, not trying a hate on the kid. I hope he has many successes in his basketball career. But I got a "me me me" vibe from that announcement. Not to mention a lot of others, including his dad, were trying to steal some of the spotlight. His minister also compared him to Lincoln. I now know why Cal backs off kids sometimes.

Not rooting against Romeo in any way, though. He's a great player and all things considered it is a big get for Archie.

His dad seems like a dbag to me as well.

That's a total lie. Romeo backed off of Cal. Not the other way around .

I think that Romeo.knew his ass would ride the bench with 8 other guys as good as him here if he didn't play hard. That's how Cal rolls we have top 25 players out the wazoo if you hadn't noticed.

Hmm, your message seems like these guys can play some good b-ball. But wait, Fort Wayne torched IU last year so I’m not buying this analysis.

Look, five star freshman struggle. Your four top 100 guys will lose. A lot. Romeo's year will be a success if IU makes the tourney.

Shaka took VCU to the final four.. Crean took Marquette to the final four....

Had Clappy ever taught his teams to defend, even just a little bit, he may have been a success.

Archie's teams defend. All day long.

Not worried about IU's future with Archie at the helm.

IU will get good players. Much better than anything Archie had to work with at Dayton.

It seems like poor IU was Langford’s last choice. This morning he is probably going this morning he is probably going “oh no, I committed to IU”.

With what you described in the quoted seems to indicate to me that you are thinking IU is going to be pretty good next year.
What is your prediction for IU in 18/19? Reading your post gives me the impression that you think IU is an NCAAT team and possibly good enough to maybe make a sweet 16? Am I accurate with that?
I mean, you can't brag about the talent you have, the talent you're getting and the "great" coach you have, then say it's another rebuilding year. So are you thinking sweet 16? E8?

I think IU's ceiling is likely the Sweet 16. They should definitely be a tourney team (barring devastating injuries, which can wreck any team).

Shouldn't have a lot of problems scoring with Morgan, Smith, Romeo and Hunter.

If IU ends up with competent PG play, who knows but so far Devonte Green has been far too erratic and Robert Phinisee is a freshman.

Defense will be very good. Might struggle a bit early integrating the freshmen, but IU's improvement over the course of the season defensively last year was almost unbelievable.

The whole thing was a circus from the way he did it to the fact that the desperate IU fans were lining up outside the gym.

I do find it extremely ironic and quite funny that "some" of you guys get this "high and mighty" attitude and pretend IU is nothing and irrelevant. Meanwhile, on the first page alone there are 6 different topics discussing IU. So which is it? THIS is why most college basketball fans hate you. I know some of you have convinced yourself that everyone is so jealous and that's why you get all the hate...that's not the case. It's not that you win or have a great coach or great recruiting. You do, we all know that..it's impressive. It's this we are so much better than everyone and we look down on every fan or college program that is not a UK. No civilized basketball talk..just little quips that I guess make some of you feel better about your lives. I get living vicariously through your favorite team, we all do it to a certain extent. But, some of you take that cake and RUN with it. Good luck next year, I'm sure you guys will have a great season.

Edit: Make that 8 posts now.

I don’t look down on every team. There are teams I despise because they get to play by a different set of rules than everyone else. I guess I am not old enough to hate IU. I don’t really ever remember them being relevant.

Respectfully, you sound like Langford is the only “me me me” basketball player in America.

Respectfully, you sound like Langford is the only “me me me” basketball player in America.
There are definitely other five stars that come to mind with that mentality.
  • Josh Selby
  • Malik Newman
  • Shabazz Muhammad
  • Terrence Ross
  • JBJ
  • Jalen Brown
All those players have a common denominator from their recruitment, take a guess what it was. That aside, Langford's a good get for the fifth best in-state program. Incredible even.

Ronald Reagan was in office, eight track tape players, and rotary phones. The last time Indiana was relevant. LOL
Eight Tracks were 70's, VCR's are probably what you are thinking of. Most of music was on cassettes then. There I go showing my age.

Reactions: UK90
Maybe his minister meant a navigator with the lincoln reference? I can't quite make the connection between Langford and a guy that was president during the most bloody war in American history.
Lincoln had that ankle breaking cross over drible.

That should scare Ft wayne into a loss.

IU

YCzlcHl.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT