ADVERTISEMENT

Not a fan of the Langford announcement.

I think IU's ceiling is likely the Sweet 16. They should definitely be a tourney team (barring devastating injuries, which can wreck any team).

Shouldn't have a lot of problems scoring with Morgan, Smith, Romeo and Hunter.

If IU ends up with competent PG play, who knows but so far Devonte Green has been far too erratic and Robert Phinisee is a freshman.

Defense will be very good. Might struggle a bit early integrating the freshmen, but IU's improvement over the course of the season defensively last year was almost unbelievable.
The tournament has proven time and time again to be a guards game. You better have great guard play if you want to advance.
Oh, shooting is kind of a big deal too. We've found that out the hard way the last few years.
So you're thinking IU will have little trouble scoring, but you also recognize you have an issue at the pg spot? Interesting.

The tournament has proven time and time again to be a guards game. You better have great guard play if you want to advance.
Oh, shooting is kind of a big deal too. We've found that out the hard way the last few years.
So you're thinking IU will have little trouble scoring, but you also recognize you have an issue at the pg spot? Interesting.

Green could be very good or very bad last season. Played too much street ball but as the season wore on and he accepted Archie reigning him in, Good Green was around more than Bad Green. We'll also see how quicky Robert Phinisee adapts to the college game. There's a good chance he'll be much more consistent than Green as the season wears on. Where Al Durham is in the picture remains to be seen. Durham actually might have been IU's most consistent ball handler last year (I'll admit, that's pretty scary) but he's a nice glue guy to have around. Durham was trusted to handle the ball the last 5 mins of the win at Minnesota and he played virtually mistake-free basketball.

IU has several options and let's face it, the ball is going to be in Langford's hands much of the time anyway.

I know you IU fans defended crean the same way for years.... hell a lot of our fans defended BCG up until his last month. Truth is... losing to mid majors has you guys a little worried.... and it should.

I agree that the NCAAT historically has been dominated by great guards. But it’s interesting that Calipari’s best UK teams have usually tended to feature impact 5s like Cousins, Davis, and Towns. Calipari’s championship was won by the Davis team, which had 1 of his lesser point guards (Teague). Davis was POTY and #1 overall draft choice that year. Where I am going with this is that we need an impact 5 to win against quality competition in March with Calipari’s particular offensive and defensive style.

Had Clappy ever taught his teams to defend, even just a little bit, he may have been a success.

Archie's teams defend. All day long.

Not worried about IU's future with Archie at the helm.

IU will get good players. Much better than anything Archie had to work with at Dayton.
LMAO at IU fans referring to Crean as Clappy. This is a guy that you all said was > Cal for many years and when Watford hit that popcorn box shot, you all thought he was the greatest coach of all time. Now you guys finally see what we all saw from the beginning.

What I see with Arch is a decent coach, but you'll be trashing him inside of 6 years because you'll have realized that he really isn't any good. I mean, he hasn't really accomplished anything and before you give the ole "he was at Dayton" excuse, I'll squash that when I say that there isn't much of a difference between IU and Dayton right now. I'm not trolling you.

I'm just telling you what I'm seeing.
I'm sure you'll disagree with that, but IU truly has sunk yo that level.

I agree that the NCAAT historically has been dominated by great guards. But it’s interesting that Calipari’s best UK teams have usually tended to feature impact 5s like Cousins, Davis, and Towns. Calipari’s championship was won by the Davis team, which had 1 of his lesser point guards (Teague). Davis was POTY and #1 overall draft choice that year. Where I am going with this is that we need an impact 5 to win against quality competition in March with Calipari’s particular offensive and defensive style.
Well you need a complete team, but you're not winning it all without exceptional guard play. The 2012 team had guards that spread the floor because they made shots and penetrated the lane at will.

I know you IU fans defended crean the same way for years.... hell a lot of our fans defended BCG up until his last month. Truth is... losing to mid majors has you guys a little worried.... and it should.

I'll leave this here because it's starting to get pretty ridiculous. Clappy left the cupboard BARE last season for Archie. IU absolutely, positively sucked offensively (their only really good player couldn't shoot outside 10 feet and their only somewhat quality guard, Robert Johnson, had been regressing 2 straight years under Clappy. Besides that, this team REALLY resisted playing Archie's style of defense and they got their asses handed to them more than a few times. Shockingly, while they were never good offensively due to lack of talent, the defense got better and better. They sure weren't perfect, but they were very good.

I think the pieces are in place now for the offense to be significantly better. Not at all worried about the defense. You guys obviously disagree. I guess we'll find out as next season progresses and that is going to be fun!

LMAO at IU fans referring to Crean as Clappy. This is a guy that you all said was > Cal for many years and when Watford hit that popcorn box shot, you all thought he was the greatest coach of all time. Now you guys finally see what we all saw from the beginning.

What I see with Arch is a decent coach, but you'll be trashing him inside of 6 years because you'll have realized that he really isn't any good. I mean, he hasn't really accomplished anything and before you give the ole "he was at Dayton" excuse, I'll squash that when I say that there isn't much of a difference between IU and Dayton right now. I'm not trolling you.

I'm just telling you what I'm seeing.
I'm sure you'll disagree with that, but IU truly has sunk yo that level.

I'm sure there were some dumb IU fans who thought Clappy was better than Cal.

I'm going to go ahead and guess you have folks in your fan base that aren't exactly rocket scientists.

Clappy was a sham. He alienated high school coaches around the state. By the end of his term in Bloomington, have a gander at the type of talent he was pulling locally. It was so bad that when Archie took over, the first order of business he had to attend to was telling Clappy's last in-state recruit (Grant Gelon) he wasn't good enough to play B1G ball and that he should look to transfer.

All fan bases have friggin' imbeciles in them. UK is no exception.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT