ADVERTISEMENT

North Carolina Scandal Etc

The only cool thing about North Carolina is their colors. But yeah dude I love North Carolina's colors. That baby blue is bad ass. And I do root for them when they play Duke obviously but other than those couple things....Screw UNC and Ole Cowboy Roy.

Last edited:
HAIL YEA! AND IF WE DONT, WE'RE GUNNA DRINK BEER, AND RAISE HELL!

Na na na man. We're gonna do that anyway. LOL. And turn a car over after we win LMAO. I say that because didn't some UK students riot and turn a car over after a football game one time or something? It was a few years ago.

Reactions: Mike-D
Yeah, it's pretty ridiculous how the NCAA has just looked the other way the entire time. Had this been UK, we would have already been on probation for over a year. And that's why the NCAA is just a corrupt organization that has no governing body to make sure it can't just pick and choose who to crucify. It's just despicable.

Exactly and they apparently don't care and are like what can anybody do about it:bomb::uzi::boom::fire:

I thought UNC was playing their best ball at the end of last season. It's really all about matchups, though. If we were to play them, who would guard Meeks in the interior? That would be the only thing that would worry me by the end of the year. I just see UNC as an experienced and decently talented team which has the potential to make a run in the tournament. They could be another train-wreck to start the season, too. It wouldn't surprise me either way. I just think college basketball lacks very many elite teams next year, so I don't think it's out of the realm of possibility that they could be a top-10 to top-5 team most of the year.

I do agree with you that UNC was playing their best basketball at the end of the year. Their Achilles heel all year last year was they couldn't finish out games and it looks like it just got in their heads anytime they were up late in the game. It a damn shame too because if they beat Wisconsin then........... Well, I'm not even going to start to open that can. You get my drift though. So, if they are playing that well last year, I don't see why someone would say they're the most overrated team. With the men's game being down this coming year as a whole, its easy to see why they're near the top of class.
As far as Meeks is concerned, hopefully we will have Humphries and Wynyard with this team come tourney time. I'm not sure how effective that Wynyard will be at any point this year when coming in the middle of the year. He will be so far behind everyone else that I don't see him contributing much but I do like Humphries and I think he can be pretty good by the end of the year. Hooefully , we will have those big bodies to go up against Meeks. If not, we may see Alex slide over to guard Meeks. He is big and strong and at least won't get moved around as easily as Skal or Marcus. Its fun to think about all the what its that are possible next year with this team. Will be as versatile as any team I've seen around hers in a while. Exciting to watch I'm sure.

Make a case for someone else being more overrated. They lost a key player and added nobody of substance. They lost 12 games last year. Just what is there to rank them at the top?
Hi SilentsAreGolen. I love my UNC TAR HEELS.

!!!!!!!!!!!! GO ROY & STAFF !!!!!!!!!!!!

!!!!!!!!!!!! GO TAR HEELS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If the NCAA has any balls at all, they will come down hard on these cheaters long before the Tournament ever starts .

Hi SilentsAreGolen. I love my UNC TAR HEELS.

!!!!!!!!!!!! GO ROY & STAFF !!!!!!!!!!!!

!!!!!!!!!!!! GO TAR HEELS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

100040129_fffc7eaa-8578-4679-8d94-057c7c98bd3c-a-.jpg

Last edited:
Paige is not the PG most thought he would be. Arguably the most over-rated player in the
nation last year as a pre-season AA. Meeks is as un-athletic as it gets under the basket.
Ole Roy is still the coach. This team absolutely loses it when faced with a little adversity.
Unless Justin Jackson is the best player on that team, and Williams won't give him the
opportunity to be, UNC will be the MOST over-rated team in the country.
Potentially pre-season #1 to out of the top 25 by March.

Paige is not the PG most thought he would be. Arguably the most over-rated player in the
nation last year as a pre-season AA. Meeks is as un-athletic as it gets under the basket.
Ole Roy is still the coach. This team absolutely loses it when faced with a little adversity.
Unless Justin Jackson is the best player on that team, and Williams won't give him the

Paige battled injuries all year, and had ankle surgery at the end of last season. If he's healthy, he will be one of the best players in the country this year.

Reactions: brianpoe
IMO, losing Tokoto doesn't make them better than last year. The same can be said for Virginia. They lost a big piece in Anderson.

Both teams will be very good, but its way too early to have them in the Final Four. I will say though, that it better happen this year because next year's incoming class isn't exactly top shelf.

Looking forward to hearing from the NCAA to see if they will show their true colors as many expect here.

Truth be told, I don't have ill will towards Kansas like I do with the other blue bloods. I remember a couple of bad beatings Kansas has handed to us.
The last 3 games against Kansas have been sweet, and I hope the trend continues. But we will have our hands full in that arena.

Curious as to what our record is in Allen....

This is becoming an urban legend that they were playing their best at the end of the season. The opposite is true. The first half of the season they were 15-4. Second half they were 11-8. 5-3 in their last 8, and 9-7 in Feb/Mar.

Paige battled injuries all year, and had ankle surgery at the end of last season. If he's healthy, he will be one of the best players in the country this year.

We've been hearing "if" about Paige his entire college career. Once again a UNC player went from pre-season 1st team AA, to not even making 3rd team at end of season. Barnes pulled that feat off twice.

Yes but they were competitive in most of them. Always falling apart at the end.
The only cool thing about North Carolina is their colors, and Tyler Hansbrough elbowing Gerald Henderson that time LMAO. Y'all remember that. LOL[/B]. Damn. But yeah dude I love North Carolina's colors. That baby blue is bad ass. And I do root for them when they play Duke obviously but other than those couple things....Screw UNC and Ole Cowboy Roy.

If you're being serious then the joke is on you, because the total opposite of what you stated is what transpired in the Hansbrough/Henderson incident.

Reactions: jameslee32
We've been hearing "if" about Paige his entire college career. Once again a UNC player went from pre-season 1st team AA, to not even making 3rd team at end of season. Barnes pulled that feat off twice.

Yea but how many times has Paige won games for them? quite a number of them including Louisville last year. Everybody knows in a tight game he's taking the big shot and yet he is often successful. I think he's beaten State twice on late plays. He's definitely a royal pain on the court and capable of scoring a lot of points.

Don't forget that outside of Paige, UNC is a poor outside/3 point shooting team.
They shot 35% from 3, 69% FT.

The type of team UK will put on the court next year will be the worst possible
match-up for North Carolina.

Don't forget that outside of Paige, UNC is a poor outside/3 point shooting team.
They shot 35% from 3, 69% FT.

The type of team UK will put on the court next year will be the worst possible
match-up for North Carolina.

They are but I'm sure they are hoping that the Williams kid they corralled late and one of the two other guards will step up and provide some help in that area. No guarantees but they hit a bunch of them against Wisconsin. I knew that game would be tough for Wisconsin and it was because UNC was capable.

Like I have said, the good news for them is they return almost everybody. The bad news for them is that they return almost everybody.

They've been very competitive but have tended to fold during winning time in the late stages of games.

Last edited:
Yes but they were competitive in most of them. Always falling apart at the end.

If you're being serious then the joke is on you, because the total opposite of what you stated is what transpired in the Hansbrough/Henderson incident.

Wait your right man. Its been a while since that happened so I forgot. It was Hansbrough that got his nose busted wasn't it.

Hello everybody. I believe that my UNC TAR HEELS will be spankin a lot of DONKEY this year, and your team could be next. SMILE.......don't you just love it

!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GO ROY & STAFF !!!!!!!!!!!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GO TAR HEELS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Paige can play. As a sophomore he averaged around 17 a game and took over late all the time.

Last year, he was nursing injuries and played off the ball a lot more. He didn't look like the same player.

I don't get any big thrill defending UNC players, but I find it kind of ridiculous to suggest that a healthy, Senior Marcus Paige won't be one of the best players in college basketball. Will he be 100%? No clue.

Reactions: brianpoe
Carolina's gonna be pretty good this year. Paige is legit. Meeks and Johnson is a really good PF, C combo. Jackson should be even better in his sophomore year, and here's what I'm thinking's gonna be the real difference. Theo Pinson. I think he'll be a breakout player this year and really even out their lineup.

Paige can play. As a sophomore he averaged around 17 a game and took over late all the time.

Last year, he was nursing injuries and played off the ball a lot more. He didn't look like the same player.

I don't get any big thrill defending UNC players, but I find it kind of ridiculous to suggest that a healthy, Senior Marcus Paige won't be one of the best players in college basketball. Will he be 100%? No clue.

Paige is at his best off the ball. He's not nearly as effective at PG. He played SG for the most part as a sophomore.

Anyway, the big thing people are missing with UNC- they didn't defend worth a ish last year and just lost their best defender to the draft. Neither Meeks nor Johnson protect the rim. None of their guards defend well, or Jackson.

UNC is SOFT. Everyone wants to bring up how well they were playing in March- umm, their big win was against a neutered Virginia team. Hell, they should have lost to Harvard in the 1st round of the NCAA.

This is becoming an urban legend that they were playing their best at the end of the season. The opposite is true. The first half of the season they were 15-4. Second half they were 11-8. 5-3 in their last 8, and 9-7 in Feb/Mar.

In essence, you're comparing their non-conference record to their conference record. ACC>Non conference

Paige is at his best off the ball. He's not nearly as effective at PG. He played SG for the most part as a sophomore.

Anyway, the big thing people are missing with UNC- they didn't defend worth a ish last year and just lost their best defender to the draft. Neither Meeks nor Johnson protect the rim. None of their guards defend well, or Jackson.

UNC is SOFT. Everyone wants to bring up how well they were playing in March- umm, their big win was against a neutered Virginia team. Hell, they should have lost to Harvard in the 1st round of the NCAA.

And we should have lost to Princeton in the 1st round..

UNC will be top in the top 5-7 all year long. The ACC will be well represented again with the cheats, Duke and UVA.

I like our chances by tourney time.

Out of the top 25? Of course every other team sucks on this site but you really think out of the top 25?

Can you name 25 better teams than UNC?

Keep in mind, Kansas lost 30 games last year and still finished top 15 with a 2 seed.

And we should have lost to Princeton in the 1st round..

Yeah, and then we went on to beat the tournament favorite AND another Top 10 team in UNC, proving our worth.

What did UNC do? Umm, they played Wisconsin kind of tough.

Like I said- what exactly did UNC do last year? Their best win was over a neutered Virginia team.

Yeah, and then we went on to beat the tournament favorite AND another Top 10 team in UNC, proving our worth.

What did UNC do? Umm, they played Wisconsin kind of tough.

Like I said- what exactly did UNC do last year? Their best win was over a neutered Virginia team.

I'm just saying, we know close losses in early rounds don't mean a hill of beans. And they lost to a team we couldn't beat when we played them.

UNC has brought back a lot of players and a handful will flirt with the NBA. With college basketball talent down, they should do very, very well. As should Kansas. In fact one of those two should win it all. No excuses for either team.

I expect KU and UNC to meet my expectation and choke as usual.

Okay, I give in. UNC is going to be terrible next year. They're just not going to be as terrible as most of the other teams. Are we cool now?

Reactions: shun1 and brianpoe
Out of the top 25? Of course every other team sucks on this site but you really think out of the top 25?

Can you name 25 better teams than UNC?

Keep in mind, Kansas lost 30 games last year and still finished top 15 with a 2 seed.

I'm keeping to it. Outside the top 25 at tournament time.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT