ADVERTISEMENT

Saturday Night Games Thread

So, by all appearances, Bama is Final 4 bound.

Any chance they pull the upset against UConn?

Impressive shooting clinic to close that out. Sears was nuts. I wanted Clemson to take it but hard when the other team makes like 5-6 3s in a row.

So, by all appearances, Bama is Final 4 bound.

Any chance they pull the upset against UConn?
Long odds on paper because they seemingly have no answer at all for Clingan. Strange things can happen in the tournament though. They might have a puncherā€™s chance if they can stay hot from 3 all night.

We would be playing now but we cannot risk draft status.
The sad part is, and whether you agree with Cal's approach or not, but he'll play his freshmen to the detriment of the team early so they are ready and experienced late. If only he did that 5-6 games in when it was apparent Reed and Rob were our best guys not named Reeves.

Rob needed to learn to figure out how to be effective without fouling and how to take over a game early and not just late.

Reed needed to have experience running the show from the opening tip and controlling the game to get us off to strong starts not chasing our own tails while the other team gets an 8+ pt lead in 3-4 minutes.

And they could have done that if they were the chosen ones. You'll never convince me that the slow starts and not figuring out how to stop them weren't the main problem. I know I know defense sucked. But with the way we could score you can't convince me if we came out on all cylinders to start the game and got our confidence built and shook the opponent's that we don't win 4 more games and stomp Oakland.

Roster was there, individual game plans and season long development plans were not.

Alabama ran the same system as us. The only difference was the starting point guard.

Wagner zero points.
Sears 6 straight 3's.

Start and ends there.

Houston had Shead and woulda won. Shead goes and Devil laughs.

Its point guard play

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT