ADVERTISEMENT

No wonder ESPN is losing viewers

TopCatCal

Senior
Dec 10, 2012
Sunday morning ESPN reported that Saturday was the first time that UK, Duke & UNC all lost on the same day when all 3 teams were ranked since 2014. They went on to say however, that UNC team made the Final 4.... Funny thing though. They failed to mention the fact. That not only did that UK team make the Final 4 as well, but made it all the way to the championship game. Their ACC garbage & bias for ACC teams has turned a lot of people off.
My mistake. It was 1997

Last edited:
KU and UNC lost the day UK beat Wichita. I listened to UNC game on way back from St Louis. Watched KU lose. Duke lost to Mercer in round 1.

Sunday morning ESPN reported that Saturday was the first time that UK, Duke & UNC all lost on the same day when all 3 teams were ranked since 2014. They went on to say however, that UNC team made the Final 4.... Funny thing though. They failed to mention the fact. That not only did that UK team make the Final 4 as well, but made it all the way to the championship game. Their ACC garbage & bias for ACC teams has turned a lot of people off.

Not why they’re losing viewers but it was the first thing that came to my mind as well.

They can Katz but keep gerbil lover...

Cxp7e3O.jpg

ESPN losing viewers because

1) Younger people don't watch sports as much
2) People are cord cutting
3) NFL viewership continues to decline

But they are seeing an increase in ratings for their NBA games. NBA going to be taking over within like the next 20 years.

ESPN losing viewers because

1) Younger people don't watch sports as much
2) People are cord cutting
3) NFL viewership continues to decline

But they are seeing an increase in ratings for their NBA games. NBA going to be taking over within like the next 20 years.

Exactly. The kids are far too busy mining fake coins, looking for killer deals on raw, wet, selvedge denim, and drinking skinny, chai tea lattes with a dab of ranch.

OP - I am no huge ESPN fan. But, if you are going to try to blast ESPN at least try to get it right.

That's not even close to what they said or reported.

Well, in 1997 Kentucky ALSO made the Final Four and won its first game against Minnesota. North Carolina lost its first game against Arizona. The finals went to overtime and that's all I remember.

OP - I am no huge ESPN fan. But, if you are going to try to blast ESPN at least try to get it right.

That's not even close to what they said or reported.

You're right. They did say 1997. I had just woke up & was still about half a sleep when i heard it. So forgive me. But all the same, UK did advance a round farther than UNC. But no mention of this on ESPN.

Reactions: JFCats22
Well, in 1997 Kentucky ALSO made the Final Four and won its first game against Minnesota. North Carolina lost its first game against Arizona. The finals went to overtime and that's all I remember.

Last thing I clearly remember about regulation is Epps hittting a 3 to force overtime. Then the next thing I know we’re celebrating a national title win... but I could never figure out what Utah was doing there?

Now that I never turn the sound up on ESPN and I only watch when UK games are on, I am not subjected to their spin, their agendas, and all the other negativity that is now spewed on that network. They can't tell me one thing that is of interest to me.

Didn’t espn give Brucelynn Jenner the courage award? During the same time you had a female college basketball athlete playing as she died from cancer. Espn should have just died that day, IMO.

Exactly. Still shaking my head on that one.

Reactions: TopCatCal
Now that I never turn the sound up on ESPN and I only watch when UK games are on, I am not subjected to their spin, their agendas, and all the other negativity that is now spewed on that network. They can't tell me one thing that is of interest to me.
Well said and I too am in 100% in agreement. I have no interest in them and they are one of the reasons I dropped cable TV. I was getting all of these channels and was only interested in sports (ESPN) but they got away from this and injected politics so I dropped it. Now I stream UK games only and stay away from their commentary.

Kinda made me remember how much I hate espn/media in general last night when immediately after the clock hit 0’s every player/coach was being harassed by multiple photographers/cameramen/reporters and couldn’t even enjoy the moment. I’d rather watch them hug their families and teammates than listen to you ask them what they were feeling on that last play. Why I cut it off before the first interview commenced. F espn

Kinda made me remember how much I hate espn/media in general last night when immediately after the clock hit 0’s every player/coach was being harassed by multiple photographers/cameramen/reporters and couldn’t even enjoy the moment. I’d rather watch them hug their families and teammates than listen to you ask them what they were feeling on that last play. Why I cut it off before the first interview commenced. F espn

Speaking of how the media cover sports....https://deadspin.com/5960039/rick-r...inadvertently-airs-its-own-sausage-production

Reactions: drainthatub
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT