ADVERTISEMENT

No Fouls on Auburn in the last 9:18

AGEE11

Junior
Jan 10, 2014
That is one of the most telling stats of this game. That swarming, hacking, slapping, undercutting defense didn't foul? I call BS

We should have shot 10-15 more FTs this game. Even at our awful rate of 60%, thats 6-9 points that we lost.

They let us play physical too, but against a spread the floor and shoot or drive team, they benefit WAY more from the no calls.

13 FTs first half, 4 second half.

Yeah on that final possession of regulation we got beat to death under the basket and no whistle.

And Harper got every call because he’s small. He drove on Herro for a layup once and full left arm hooked him. Could have squeezed his ass he had reached around so far.

That said, we didn’t play our best basketball and didn’t deserve the win. But I don’t feel Auburn deserved it either, just got a favorable whistle.

Yeah on that final possession of regulation we got beat to death under the basket and no whistle.

And Harper got every call because he’s small. He drove on Herro for a layup once and full left arm hooked him. Could have squeezed his ass he had reached around so far.

That said, we didn’t play our best basketball and didn’t deserve the win. But I don’t feel Auburn deserved it either, just got a favorable whistle.

That's hilarious! My wife said something along the lines of "he got a good feel in there" when that happened and they showed the replay.

Reactions: KMKAT
That is one of the most telling stats of this game. That swarming, hacking, slapping, undercutting defense didn't foul? I call BS

We should have shot 10-15 more FTs this game. Even at our awful rate of 60%, thats 6-9 points that we lost.

They let us play physical too, but against a spread the floor and shoot or drive team, they benefit WAY more from the no calls.

Doesn't matter couldn't hit the FTs anyway.

Entirely different game if they were decent refs. They had multiple guys who shouldvsh fouled out and instead not one until over time. Also, they had trouble deciding who got the fouls and they allowed a bunch of BS....sick of incompetent refs.

What a joke. So they just played foul free basketball? Of course that coincides with the same time their second big got four fouls.

Ridiculous there wasn't a foul on our last two shots in regulation. Compare that (no foul) contact with some of the fouls they called for Harper. It's ridiculous.

We should've won anyway. But it's pathetic that officiating is so incompetent/influential

Your bigs were getting away with crap all game that the refs called us for. We couldn't breathe on Washington without a whistle, which is why all our bigs were in foul trouble and one fouled out. Not to mention the flops. If they loosened up the latter part of the game, it wasn't for a lack of trying earlier.

Very vague, wish is fine. Didn't expect much in return.

So your point is the refs were bad until 9:18 to go in the game, but let it go rest of the way?

You mentioned flops, please share what flops you're referring to?

Reactions: kat57 and AGEE11
I'm not rewatching the game to give you a blow by blow of the bulls**t calls you benefitted from for 2/3 of the game. I'm just going to enjoy the win.

Because you're full of shit, you should enjoy your first and probably last ever Final Four.

It's a once in a life time event for you all.

Kinda like being Bama's bitch in football.

Again, I'm not sitting here with a recording of the game. I specifically remember a couple by Washington where it was just normal positioning, dude's leaning on each other, and then PJ flips his head and stumbles for no reason other than to draw a BS call.

But no matter. We won. Me happy.

So you have nothing, let me help you out since you have no clue.

Guys can lean, but the fouls called on your bigs was due to them not leaning but driving Washington off his spot.

It's not that difficult.

I'm not rewatching the game to give you a blow by blow of the bulls**t calls you benefitted from for 2/3 of the game. I'm just going to enjoy the win.

I don’t have to rewatch the game to give you examples of bad calls against us or no calls. Harpers made 3 over baker in the first half, great shot but baker did not foul him. Harper hooked Herro on a drive in the 2nd half (no call), Harper dove the lane and Travis Reid jumped straight up but Harper arm barred TR and was rewarded with two free throws. Foul call on Herro while brown was shooting a three, didn’t get close to touching him, brown hits 2-3 and missed free throw resulted in a made 3 from corner (5 point play).

That being said I thought the officials were horrible all the way around yesterday and called way too many touch fouls on what should have been play on. Congrats on the victory, will be rooting for the tigers in the FF.

Bryce Harper foul at mid court such bush league. But plays like that are what it takes to win, Hagans was probably thinking of his draft night outfit.

I don’t have to rewatch the game to give you examples of bad calls against us or no calls. Harpers made 3 over baker in the first half, great shot but baker did not foul him. Harper hooked Herro on a drive in the 2nd half (no call), Harper dove the lane and Travis Reid jumped straight up but Harper arm barred TR and was rewarded with two free throws. Foul call on Herro while brown was shooting a three, didn’t get close to touching him, brown hits 2-3 and missed free throw resulted in a made 3 from corner (5 point play).

That being said I thought the officials were horrible all the way around yesterday and called way too many touch fouls on what should have been play on. Congrats on the victory, will be rooting for the tigers in the FF.

NOW that's how you give specific facts!

Herro smacked Brown across the left arm. That was clear from the replay. Probably could have argued it was before the shooting motion, but it was definitely a foul.

Again, I'm not sitting here with a recording of the game. I specifically remember a couple by Washington where it was just normal positioning, dude's leaning on each other, and then PJ flips his head and stumbles for no reason other than to draw a BS call.

But no matter. We won. Me happy.
WhAt on earth are you talking about? You can’t name a single play

Reactions: Dallas-Wild

You should, since playing fair is never Auburn's strong suit. After all, two of your players took cash, you have a coach that had a "show cause" issued by the NCAA, and one who pleaded guilty to federal charges. Plus, your football team has been dirty for years, trying, unsuccessfully, to keep up with Bama. When all is said and done, and the investigations are over, you are probably going to have to vacate this year, anyway. That will really give you something to cry about.

Objective observer here (Purdue grad/fan): It is impossible that Auburn did not commit a foul for 9:18. I think it's impossible for any basketball team to not commit a foul for that long of a period.

Also, Jim Spanarkel was just short of openly cheering for Auburn. It must still be uncomfortable for him to sit after the whipping Givens and the Cats put on him in '78.

Is Chuck Person talking yet, you know plea deal maybe?

Guess we'll see what happens.
Do you even know what was happening? Pearson was leading players AWAY from Auburn.
The ncaa ruled on our players. They served suspensions and after which the ncaa reinstated them.

Lol. Heard the same shit about the 2010 football team. Nearly a decade later and that season still stands.

Maybe read what actually happened there. The Auburn players have been cleared by the NCAA. This season is standing.

NCAA cleared Derrick Rose, too. We'll see when the investigation finishes.

Do you even know what was happening? Pearson was leading players AWAY from Auburn.
The ncaa ruled on our players. They served suspensions and after which the ncaa reinstated them.

Yea I know what's going on, and Im sure if Person's has some dirt that helps him he'll use it.

I made the comment to the folks I was watching the game with that they just won this game by slapping and stripping every catch and it worked. They overplayed and combatted out size by not allowing us to get our hands above our waist. It was remarkable how they did that without fouling out but I have to say most of them seemed legit strips.

LOL I've never been on an Auburn site, but here you are on a UK site.

So? I've always interacted with rival fans on their sites. And sometimes rival fans come to Auburn sites.

But when you have to live through the accomplishments of Bama in another sport to try and get at me, that's funny as hell.

Dude it's a once in a lifetime, actually generations congrats enjoy. Maybe your great, great,great grand kids will see it happen one day.

I know you think that's supposed to sting, but nope. If UK somehow made the football playoff, would the fact that you might not see it for another 4 or 5 decades diminish your enjoyment of it?

Did you watch the game or just giving information? The officials missed as many fouls on us as they did them.

Fans seem to always overlook the misses when we foul. Washington blocked a dunk by missing the ball completely and getting all wrist. Johnson made a layup while hooking the defender with a chicken wing. Travis got 2 rebounds after having both hands in the back of the other player. 2 hands on defenders in the post.

It goes both ways.

Last edited:
NCAA cleared Derrick Rose, too. We'll see when the investigation finishes.
Well, since Auburn isn't accused of paying players or paying for players I'm not worried about it. Chuck made his bed and the players involved paid their dues and have been cleared by the NCAA.

Reactions: CowCollege94
I made the comment to the folks I was watching the game with that they just won this game by slapping and stripping every catch and it worked. They overplayed and combatted out size by not allowing us to get our hands above our waist. It was remarkable how they did that without fouling out but I have to say most of them seemed legit strips.
Auburn had more fouls called on them than kentucky.
Of course more could have been called. On both teams though, not just Auburn.

So? I've always interacted with rival fans on their sites. And sometimes rival fans come to Auburn sites.

But when you have to live through the accomplishments of Bama in another sport to try and get at me, that's funny as hell.

I know you think that's supposed to sting, but nope. If UK somehow made the football playoff, would the fact that you might not see it for another 4 or 5 decades diminish your enjoyment of it?

Where did I say not to enjoy it? You'd be even a bigger idiot not to.

Also you're the one who has to live with being Bama's bitch, like everyone else not named Clemson does.

Well, since Auburn isn't accused of paying players or paying for players I'm not worried about it. Chuck made his bed and the players involved paid their dues and have been cleared by the NCAA.

Rose wasn't declared ineligible for being paid. It was for a test score, unrelated to Memphis. They cleared him to play, before the season began, and then made Memphis vacate the season. Sound familiar? Yours is coming. And oh, by the way, since you want to just enjoy your victory, go back to your own board and leave us alone.

Perhaps you could tell me the circumstances of them taking cash and let me see if you're someone who understands stuff or just talks a lot.

Which he served and was done with 5 years ago. Got anything else?

See the first reply above. Show me you know anything about the case first, then we can talk.

Some day when you're old and nearing the end of your days, you'll think about this post and shed a little tear realizing not even your great grandchildren will live to see this happen. Enjoy the couch.

I am old, and I simply do not understand why you guys don't enjoy your win on your own board, with other Auburn fans, instead of creating accounts over here, and beat your chests, like you have done something. I really just don't understand. And, since you are on here in the morning, you obviously don't have a job. Your time would be better spent by getting a paper and looking at the job openings in the classifieds.

I am old, and I simply do not understand why you guys don't enjoy your win on your own board, with other Auburn fans, instead of creating accounts over here, and beat your chests, like you have done something. I really just don't understand. And, since you are on here in the morning, you obviously don't have a job. Your time would be better spent by getting a paper and looking at the job openings in the classifieds.

The great thing about the IT world is I'm actually paid to be on a computer and online all day. And there's these neat things called browser tabs where you can actually do multiple things at once. Ah technology.

Did you watch the game or just giving information? The officials missed as many fouls on us as they did them.

Fans seem to always overlook the misses when we foul. Washington blocked a dunk by missing the ball completely and getting all wrist. Johnson made a layup while hooking the defender with a chicken wing. Travis got 2 rebounds after having both hands in the back of the other player. 2 hands on defenders in the post.

It goes both ways.

I've said as much either in this thread or another this morning (been in too many to remember lol). They let it go both ways, but they got FTs down the stretch we were robbed of. Also no calls help a team that spreads and shoots or drives. Not as many fouls committed by the D. We drive through contact using superior talent and athleticism or we pound the post. Both meant to draw fouls. Swallowing your whistle like they did is clear benefit to Auburn.

Again, Auburn was not whistled for a foul in the last 9 minutes while hacking and slapping away. Tha cost us the game.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT