ADVERTISEMENT

NIT is legit option now

Lol...NVR will learn. Knee jerk every year
That’s it - it really is this simple. Freshmen dominated team, struggle in conference road games, nervous nellies and those with memory loss issues freak out and declare us dead, our HOF coach rights the ship by tournament time. Repeat next year.

Reactions: Rush2112 UK
whered-everybody-go.jpg
:)

even Cal said yesterday a month ago he didn't know if we were in the tourney.

Now I'm sure that was mostly joking on his part, but in every jest there is some truth.

I do have concerns. Georgia and Bama were very tired teams and it showed. UT was a valid win, and while there were plenty of UT fans there , Big Blue certainly gave St. Louis a home court vibe.

I can't imagine that happening in Idaho. And as a side note, who the hell wants to watch anyone play basketball in Idaho? Not even University of Idaho people want to play there. Who chose that location?

Idaho will be a real test of "Blue Gets In"

https://www.thescore.com/ncaab/events/133495/box_score

Read what Cal had to say. Exactly what the poster said above. Cal wasn’t sure a month ago we would make the tournament. So everyone on here laughing, go ahead and tweet out to Cal he’s “not a fan” or he’s a “chicken little”.

Yeah. Thought so.
Interesting. You trolls think Cal is full of shit when he talks about players being someone’s son or the team being young then when he makes a statement you think backs your lame trolling you quote him and hang off his nutsack.

even Cal said yesterday a month ago he didn't know if we were in the tourney.

Now I'm sure that was mostly joking on his part, but in every jest there is some truth.

I do have concerns. Georgia and Bama were very tired teams and it showed. UT was a valid win, and while there were plenty of UT fans there , Big Blue certainly gave St. Louis a home court vibe.

I can't imagine that happening in Idaho. And as a side note, who the hell wants to watch anyone play basketball in Idaho? Not even University of Idaho people want to play there. Who chose that location?

Idaho will be a real test of "Blue Gets In"

They were all valid wins.

in the context of how we will match up against strong NCAA tourney teams, I"m not buying it.

You take them for what they are tho. Neither will be mistaken for an Arizona or a Virginia, but we dominated those games from start to finish. And for a good portion of the UT game we dominated as well.

Interesting. You trolls think Cal is full of shit when he talks about players being someone’s son or the team being young then when he makes a statement you think backs your lame trolling you quote him and hang off his nutsack.

You have no argument. I’m off to play golf but if you need me, I’ll be back this afternoon.

I'm just going to leave these right here.

Pathetic ain't even the word. Cal is horrible

Oh, people finally coming around?

Calipari has to take blame as he does get paid too much to have his model and be this bad. If half this team leaves than his model becomes almost totally busted

We all knew in our hearts that this freshman class was the worst yet by a long shot

It's hard to imagine us winning any of the road games left.

It's been a legit option most of the season. Some just refused to admit it because we managed to squeak out a 2 point victory here and there.

I'm not so sure that we would make the NIT at this point. Going to be really hard to win any of these remaining games.

Agree with you this team sucks, no heart

It does when the loss makes a sub 500 conference season a likely outcome. But hey, at least we're the gold standard.....at something.

We are definitely losing 4 more SEC games.

So you're expecting us to beat Bama at home. Ok, I hope you're right.

I'm afraid it's gotten to far to try to keep bailing out water.

titanic_sinking___gif_by_rms_olympic-d8pv78m.gif

I think some fans are just oblivious to what is going on right now like this below and need to accept that we are a terrible team.

tumblr_o9yjeaCT881rp0vkjo1_500.gif

Marking it down. I will be sure to bump this thread, and your post, when we lose.

There is just a large amount of dumbarses in this collection. I mean, why give up on a team in January and February? Good gravy. These people must lead miserable lives.

It's really mind blowing considering the fact that it's not like we haven't seen this story play out time and time again.

Cal always has us playing our best basketball come March.

Why anyone would think that was different this season I don't know.

It's really mind blowing considering the fact that it's not like we haven't seen this story play out time and time again.

Cal always has us playing our best basketball come March.

Why anyone would think that was different this season I don't know.

Completely agree. Happens every year, well minus one.

It is tournament time and the team is playing like was expected for a while and you all want to keep bringing up old threads from when we looked like garbage just to feel good about bashing others who weren't happy at the time. Give it a rest and let everyone join in together to support this team now and stop trying to cause arguments.

It is tournament time and the team is playing like was expected for a while and you all want to keep bringing up old threads from when we looked like garbage just to feel good about bashing others who weren't happy at the time. Give it a rest and let everyone join in together to support this team now and stop trying to cause arguments.

So, imagine this, if you will.

You go to this site to talk with other fans because your favorite team has had a really rough week. You go there to try and sort it out, as a fan with fellow fans, and all you see are threads about "NIT", "Coach Cal Sucks", "XYZ Player is the worst!" and so on and so forth. Those create an incredible amount of negativity, which no team deserves because these kids are young and still trying to figure out a system that will make them millionaires one day. Anyway, these threads are started by the same people year in and year out.

Now, when we win games, crickets from those people. Nothing. Zip. Zero. They show up to bash the team when we are down, and almost never praise them when they deserve it. They're no better than nasty Louisville fans at times.

So, why not call them out for their BS? Why not tell them it isn't okay to crap on the team and leave?

People talk about our BBN community as we were a collection of folks in a large room together, but if it weren't an online world, would you want these people at your house talking this way about your team?

Don't make peace with those people. Let them stew in their mess. It's okay. We can celebrate at the same time. It's possible to do both. Maybe they learn their lesson and we all sing around a campfire someday.

https://www.thescore.com/ncaab/events/133495/box_score

Read what Cal had to say. Exactly what the poster said above. Cal wasn’t sure a month ago we would make the tournament. So everyone on here laughing, go ahead and tweet out to Cal he’s “not a fan” or he’s a “chicken little”.

Yeah. Thought so.

Yeah we know Calipari has never said anything in the past to get his teams attention lol...

Give it a rest and let everyone join in together to support this team now and stop trying to cause arguments.

That's the problem. So many on this thread DON'T WANT TO support the team. Do you ever see them around when things are going well for Kentucky basketball? Do they ever have effusive praise for the kids, the program or Cal? Were they thrilled that a team of freshmen powered through a very rugged SEC tournament to become champions yesterday?

They are agitators or trolls or people determined to get rid of Calipari for whatever agenda. The ones who are real Kentucky fans with too much 'chicken little' in their blood I can take, though it would be nice for them to use their testosterone a bit. But that's not who fuels threads like this every time there is a down turn for the Cats.

So, imagine this, if you will.

You go to this site to talk with other fans because your favorite team has had a really rough week. You go there to try and sort it out, as a fan with fellow fans, and all you see are threads about "NIT", "Coach Cal Sucks", "XYZ Player is the worst!" and so on and so forth. Those create an incredible amount of negativity, which no team deserves because these kids are young and still trying to figure out a system that will make them millionaires one day. Anyway, these threads are started by the same people year in and year out.

Now, when we win games, crickets from those people. Nothing. Zip. Zero. They show up to bash the team when we are down, and almost never praise them when they deserve it. They're no better than nasty Louisville fans at times.

So, why not call them out for their BS? Why not tell them it isn't okay to crap on the team and leave?

People talk about our BBN community as we were a collection of folks in a large room together, but if it weren't an online world, would you want these people at your house talking this way about your team?

Don't make peace with those people. Let them stew in their mess. It's okay. We can celebrate at the same time. It's possible to do both. Maybe they learn their lesson and we all sing around a campfire someday.

I just think it is childish to point fingers about things that happened over a month ago when it is time for everyone to unite in their support of the team. It is easy to see what threads are about and who started them and you can always avoid them or ignore the poster. Let the mods handle the over the top posters. Drudging up old posts to try and make a point is just dumb at this time of the year. Be happy with where we are now and not start more arguments about things that don't even matter now.

Reactions: JFCats22
I just think it is childish to point fingers about things that happened over a month ago when it is time for everyone to unite in their support of the team. It is easy to see what threads are about and who started them and you can always avoid them or ignore the poster. Let the mods handle the over the top posters. Drudging up old posts to try and make a point is just dumb at this time of the year. Be happy with where we are now and not start more arguments about things that don't even matter now.

I'm 50/50 on this

Obviously the tournament is around the corner.......we are playing our best basketball currently. Bringing up old posts is kinda silly.

But then again, hopefully when they are brought up maybe the people that made these silly predictions to begin with start to realize that they jumped the gun on this team.

So maybe this doesn't happen say next year if we struggle.

Reactions: nssdigitalchumps
I'm 50/50 on this

Obviously the tournament is around the corner.......we are playing our best basketball currently. Bringing up old posts is kinda silly.

But then again, hopefully when they are brought up maybe the people that made these silly predictions to begin with start to realize that they jumped the gun on this team.

I just think it will bring out more negativity. Especially if we play terribly and lose early in the tournament and then the other side will be out pointing fingers right back. I try to stay in the middle of things and not be to positive or negative, but will tend to post more negatively when I am aggravated with our play. As do many others.

Some people might just be a little to much over the top even for me. If I don't agree with it I just shrug it off and move on and if it is disrespectful I let the mods handle it. I definitely don't dig up posts from a month/s ago just to point fingers at the people but that is just how I am.

I'm 50/50 on this

well lets see how the tournament plays out. The wait until March mantra isn't based on the SEC tournament.

As someone said before, a loss to Davidson and it pretty much invalidates the last 8 games.

A Zona loss leaves a grey area for debate. A UVa loss pretty much leaves us at we had a good team, just not there".

IMO, a UVa win only validates the wait until March mantra. And an early round loss, based on what the committee said yesterday, all those "A loss in December means nothing" folks don't have much to stand on.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT