ADVERTISEMENT

NIT is legit option now

The NIT is back in play. This team will probably lose 3 or 4 of the next 4 games. This team just shows no effort.

Calipari has to take blame as he does get paid too much to have his model and be this bad. If half this team leaves than his model becomes almost totally busted

We all knew in our hearts that this freshman class was the worst yet by a long shot

We just dropped out of top 25 with this loss and could easily lose 3 or 4 out of our next 4 games. Ouch. Needed the win tonight.

I still think we are a tourney team but probably a 7 or 8 seed

2014 miracle run only thing keeping some heat off Cal.

2013 - NIT
2014 - miracle run by a bad team
2015 - amazing team
2016 - another mediocre team
2017 - great team
2018 - NIT

Pretty average overall.

Reactions: AF Cat
It's been a legit option most of the season. Some just refused to admit it because we managed to squeak out a 2 point victory here and there.

UK is definitely treading water. Lose all 4 remaining games and youre sitting at 11 losses going into the tourney. At the very least, you are looking at an 8 seed again.

We'll see a thread started that says the CATS will win the rest of their SEC games...it's like clockwork around here. Anyway, The U.S.S. Kentucky is taking on a lot of water right now.
stick_figure_bailing_water_4837.gif

2014 miracle run only thing keeping some heat off Cal.

2013 - NIT
2014 - miracle run by a bad team
2015 - amazing team
2016 - another mediocre team
2017 - great team
2018 - NIT

Pretty average overall.

THE ONLY THING KEEPING HEAT OFF CAL
IS THE FACT NOT MANY COACHES IF ANY HAVE A BETTER RECORD THAN THAT LMFAO ;)

GET A ****ING GRIP WEIRDO

:chairshot:

The NIT is back in play. This team will probably lose 3 or 4 of the next 4 games. This team just shows no effort.
Maybe. I thought it was in play all year long but then, with the West Virginia won, I thought we had jumped that hurdle. But I also thought after that we’d win out at home. If we lose the four remaining road games plus one in the SECT that’s 12 losses - if we don’t lose any more at home. It’s dicey again.

If we lose 11 games. I bet we don't.

lose 3 more regular season and 1 SEC tourney and we're done. I'm not sure 11 losses gets us in
I'm not so sure that we would make the NIT at this point. Going to be really hard to win any of these remaining games.

If U.K. Makes the NIT they can win that tournament easily and get a nice 5 star trip to ny city

If we lose 11 games. I bet we don't.

lose 3 more regular season and 1 SEC tourney and we're done. I'm not sure 11 losses gets us in

11 total losses with at least 21 wins and our SOS and we are 100% in.

$180 for two lower tickets.
$60+ in gas.
$30 in food

$300+ and 9 hour round trip to see us get our ass beat on our home floor.

Priceless.

Sorry ass players and a sorry coach. I used to expect multiple departures for the draft but if any player on this team leaves they’ll regret it and Cal should be docked. Or hell just give him a raise like Mitch always does.

$180 for two lower tickets.
$60+ in gas.
$30 in food

$300+ and 9 hour round trip to see us get our ass beat on our home floor.

Priceless.

Sorry ass players and a sorry coach. I used to expect multiple departures for the draft but if any player on this team leaves they’ll regret it and Cal should be docked. Or hell just give him a raise like Mitch always does.
180 for two lowers -- ??? that's a good deal

Reactions: jameslee32
For the record, the 2013-14 team only had 5 losses at this stage of the season, and the 2012-13 NIT team had exactly the same record at 17-7. Odds are we will not have a team-crushing ACL tear to trigger a death spiral, and the SEC is much improved, so RPI will protect us from the NIT.

I’m with the folks predicting us to make the NCAA tournament as roughly a 9-seed. If we make the Sweet 16, I will consider the season a smashing success.

Reactions: ganner918
Just too young of a team. The problem is I've seen nothing to show we can win on the road. I expect road losses the rest of the way.

FFS they tackle our players AT HOME for no repercussions.. I honestly think Cal forfeiting the road game and running a practice would be better...

Quadrant 1 loss is not NIT

At some point we have to win some of the games we should win. A majority of them, even. It is not one game. It's never just one game. This team is capable of losing almost every game left on the schedule. Throw away another game or two the way we did today? That's where we get into trouble, and it's hard to see much from this team that makes you confident.

How many games have we won convincingly, Mississippi state and Louisville, way back in December? I'm not being negative here. Just realistic. Unless we suddenly become a different team, almost every game left on the schedule is probably going to come down to a possession or two, if we are lucky.

For the record, the 2013-14 team only had 5 losses at this stage of the season, and the 2012-13 NIT team had exactly the same record at 17-7. Odds are we will not have a team-crushing ACL tear to trigger a death spiral, and the SEC is much improved, so RPI will protect us from the NIT.

I’m with the folks predicting us to make the NCAA tournament as roughly a 9-seed. If we make the Sweet 16, I will consider the season a smashing success.
I said at the beginning of the year that goal we should have for this team is to make the tournament. Hope for more, sure, but we shouldn’t expect it. That still looks about right.

ADVERTISEMENT