ADVERTISEMENT

NIT is legit option now

I just think it will bring out more negativity. Especially if we play terribly and lose early in the tournament and then the other side will be out pointing fingers right back. I try to stay in the middle of things and not be to positive or negative, but will tend to post more negatively when I am aggravated with our play. As do many others.

Some people might just be a little to much over the top even for me. If I don't agree with it I just shrug it off and move on and if it is disrespectful I let the mods handle it. I definitely don't dig up posts from a month/s ago just to point fingers at the people but that is just how I am.

Yeah I definitely wouldn't waste my time searching lol. It's just not that important in the grand scheme of things.

I do think there's a difference tho between getting negative in the heat of the moment and making a post about the NIT after giving it serious thought as some of our posters did tho

well lets see how the tournament plays out. The wait until March mantra isn't based on the SEC tournament.

As someone said before, a loss to Davidson and it pretty much invalidates the last 8 games.

A Zona loss leaves a grey area for debate. A UVa loss pretty much leaves us at we had a good team, just not there".

IMO, a UVa win only validates the wait until March mantra. And an early round loss, based on what the committee said yesterday, all those "A loss in December means nothing" folks don't have much to stand on.

A loss to Davidson would be bad, but I don't think it invalidates it all.

I dunno.......maybe it's just the numbers person in me and understand that upsets happen.

It's like 2015. The Wisconsin loss was very disappointing but it didn't take anything from the previous 38 games that season. Least to me it didn't.

All I can ask for is that my team plays their best basketball come March. Based on our history, we are going to be a tough out for anyone.

Especially given this season, we probably are not good enough to win the title. But that's a far cry from NIT.

I agree , even though I often trend toward being pessimistic with this team over the course of the season, its frustrating though to get on here during a game and see a new thread with a knee jerk reaction making some absolute statement about the demise of the program.

I'm still not thrilled with a painful maturation process over the course of the year that results with 4 losses and firsts like being swept by UT and UF in over 40 years but this is the time of the year when there is a payoff to it.

Okay folks
I’m going to give my opinion on this, FWIW
@JFCats22 is a hardcore UK fan; of this I have absolutely no doubt.
When he created this thread we were in a low place as a team. It really didn’t look good at all and he wasn’t the only fan who felt this way. I, personally, was more optimistic and hoped we would right the ship. But you can’t fault the man his opinion
Yes, I’m aware during game threads JFC can get harsh, and I don’t always agree with what he says or how he says it. But folks, I’ve also seen him say he was wrong and give props where they were due.

So he was wrong when he posted this thread. But, the time it did look pretty bad. Hindsight is 20/20.
Yes we have posters who are ONLY here to troll and spew negativity. JFC is not one of them

A loss to Davidson would be bad, but I don't think it invalidates it all.

I dunno.......maybe it's just the numbers person in me and understand that upsets happen.

It's like 2015. The Wisconsin loss was very disappointing but it didn't take anything from the previous 38 games that season. Least to me it didn't.

All I can ask for is that my team plays their best basketball come March. Based on our history, we are going to be a tough out for anyone.

Especially given this season, we probably are not good enough to win the title. But that's a far cry from NIT.

I guess for me, you can't come on here during losses during the season - and I'm not saying you did, beating the drum of "wait until March" and losing to a Zona or god forbid a Davidson shrug your shoulders, say "it happens, it was a good season"

May work that way for some, but not for me. If people are pushing this is a process, then the process has to pay off.

Now, I realize my posts here aren't exactly in the current glow of an exceptional SEC tourney performance which I am thrilled about. We've seen what they are capable of doing now in a positive way. And I've never been one to dwell on the Wisconsin game. At the end of that season, when you are striving for GOAT, how can whatever you end up with be considered a bad year?

This is a different animal. This is questioning whether our approach to basketball is sustainable in the current college environment

I guess for me, you can't come on here during losses during the season - and I'm not saying you did, beating the drum of "wait until March" and then a losing to a Zona or god forbid a Davidson and then say "it was a good season"

Make work that way for some, but not for me. If people are pushing this is a process, then the process has to pay off.

Now, I realize my posts here aren't exactly in the current glow of an exceptional SEC tourney performance which I am thrilled about. We've seen what they are capable. And I've never been one to dwell on the Wisconsin game. At the end of that season, when you are striving for GOAT, how can whatever you end up with be considered a bad year?

This is a different animal. This is questioning whether our approach to basketball is sustainable.

I agree with this.
Tho I will say hasn't the process paid off most years?

We've always seemed to over perform in the tournament compared to the seed we get. We've taken a 4 seed and 8 seed to final fours.

I have no idea if the process works again this season..........but it has so far in the past.

I will say this - should this team go on a tear and see a final four, it should go a long way in shutting up any future naysayers (ok we know it won't but it should) during a particular bad stretch.

I will say this - should this team go on a tear and see a final four, it should go a long way in shutting up any future naysayers (ok we know it won't but it should) during a particular bad stretch.

haha yeah it probably won't.

It's like when people said Cal can't win with this system. Then 2012 happens. And your like ok well that takes care of that. But it starts over...."Cal can't win another one with this system" lol

Every year we have a new crop of UK fans, that have to learn how a season can go......never give up. Even when we have a small stretch of close loses.....Im so proud of this team. Im proud of Wenyen and Cal saying that he could fill the role of Willis...It's like old times again. I dont know how Cal got this team to win a conference championship, but I'd say few thought it would happen.

Okay folks
I’m going to give my opinion on this, FWIW
@JFCats22 is a hardcore UK fan; of this I have absolutely no doubt.
When he created this thread we were in a low place as a team. It really didn’t look good at all and he wasn’t the only fan who felt this way. I, personally, was more optimistic and hoped we would right the ship. But you can’t fault the man his opinion
Yes, I’m aware during game threads JFC can get harsh, and I don’t always agree with what he says or how he says it. But folks, I’ve also seen him say he was wrong and give props where they were due.

So he was wrong when he posted this thread. But, the time it did look pretty bad. Hindsight is 20/20.
Yes we have posters who are ONLY here to troll and spew negativity. JFC is not one of them

Thanks...I have already said this same thing about 10 times. The team sucked when I posted that. I was (happily) wrong about the NIT. They were frustrating as hell to watch and I was annoyed and pissed. They looked to be heading towards the NIT and even Cal said the same thing. He/they figured it out and corrected in a major way.

I was at the game here in STL on Friday and yesterday and loved watching them win the title. Now it's on to the NCAA tourney and hopefully they can continue to make improvements and win a few games!

Anyone that wants to see if I am really a UK fa (which should be obvious) can check out my Twitter account - @jmfrank1

See I don't mind when the OP makes this thread cause you know they are a diehard UK fan.

The other one tho......the UKfanNCincy or whatever their name was..........that was just awful IMO

Is he a fan? No doubt.
But, he is nauciating during a game thread with tons of negative post.
So he deserves the criticism he gets. Learn from this, and people will get off his azz.

Reactions: floatingyou
@CincyUKFan Where are you at troll? Pathetic.
She must have went for a swim. [winking]

1Zmy7.gif

[laughing]

well lets see how the tournament plays out. The wait until March mantra isn't based on the SEC tournament.

As someone said before, a loss to Davidson and it pretty much invalidates the last 8 games.

A Zona loss leaves a grey area for debate. A UVa loss pretty much leaves us at we had a good team, just not there".

IMO, a UVa win only validates the wait until March mantra. And an early round loss, based on what the committee said yesterday, all those "A loss in December means nothing" folks don't have much to stand on.
Bullshit. It doesn’t invalidate anything. This team just beat what could have been a two seed in the NCAA tournament. Without Vanderbilt. They are playing well.

Last edited:
Reactions: WildMoon
Interesting. You trolls think Cal is full of shit when he talks about players being someone’s son or the team being young then when he makes a statement you think backs your lame trolling you quote him and hang off his nutsack.

EXACTLY!! Well said.

Don’t confuse them with their own hypocrisy though... it makes them agitated

Again, read above. If he said possible NIT then he thought and said the EXACT same thing Cal did.

This thread no longer has any validity.

He also said, with others that Cal should be fired and replaced ... that Cal sucks, our player suck ... basically a bunch of Whiney bashing.

This thread absolutely has validity.

Yourself and others are constantly contradicting yourselves but you seem woefully unaware ...?

Strange

Reactions: irishcat1965
Is he a fan? No doubt.
But, he is nauciating during a game thread with tons of negative post.
So he deserves the criticism he gets. Learn from this, and people will get off his azz.
We all have knee jerk reactions. Some tend to be more vocal than others. I’ve often thought that he can be a little over the top...but also take it with a grain of salt.

Reactions: Cindog28
Thanks...I have already said this same thing about 10 times. The team sucked when I posted that. I was (happily) wrong about the NIT. They were frustrating as hell to watch and I was annoyed and pissed. They looked to be heading towards the NIT and even Cal said the same thing. He/they figured it out and corrected in a major way.

I was at the game here in STL on Friday and yesterday and loved watching them win the title. Now it's on to the NCAA tourney and hopefully they can continue to make improvements and win a few games!

Anyone that wants to see if I am really a UK fa (which should be obvious) can check out my Twitter account - @jmfrank1

Well said.

You have no credibility whatsoever. You whined and doubled down when the Cats were losing. Your bowels turned to water, you have wobbly knees. Grow a pair and sack up before you post again.

https://www.thescore.com/ncaab/events/133495/box_score

Read what Cal had to say. Exactly what the poster said above. Cal wasn’t sure a month ago we would make the tournament. So everyone on here laughing, go ahead and tweet out to Cal he’s “not a fan” or he’s a “chicken little”.

Yeah. Thought so.
I have also heard Cal say this team will be fine. He got a little defensive when Tom Leach asked him how he could be sure. " I have been doing this 30 years" Cal wasn't a doubter

I'm just going to leave these right here.
Would you have quoted all of that gad the switch not flipped? I was very concerned about losing to Bama and was justified in my concern.

You must be one of those who feels superior using 20/20 hindsight. Good for you, keep up the outstanding work.

It is tournament time and the team is playing like was expected for a while and you all want to keep bringing up old threads from when we looked like garbage just to feel good about bashing others who weren't happy at the time. Give it a rest and let everyone join in together to support this team now and stop trying to cause arguments.

LOL

support the team NOW...precious

Reactions: MegaBlue05
A lot of @JFCats22's posts get on my nerves, but like others mentioned, it's obvious he's really a UK fan. @mrbud @ZaytovenCat @CincyUKFan @Kentuckiddy just seem like trolls.

I can agree, @JFCats22 actually ran me off another forum (it sucked anyway) just because he is so ****in negative and really no basketball input but he does seem like a fan. I have no idea why people choose to live their lives from the fetal position but it must suck.

But kiddy, @ZaytovenCat and @CincyUKFan are obvious trolls. they literally get moist when UK loses a game. Still trying to understand why they are not perma banned? Bc it would make too much sense

I'm 50/50 on this

Obviously the tournament is around the corner.......we are playing our best basketball currently. Bringing up old posts is kinda silly.

But then again, hopefully when they are brought up maybe the people that made these silly predictions to begin with start to realize that they jumped the gun on this team.

So maybe this doesn't happen say next year if we struggle.

First off it is extremely childish to bring up posts from a month ago to do a "see I told you so" thread. I've started a policy that even if it's not directed at me its an automatic add to my ignore list. The posters that do that are the worst kind as they are trying to enforce a millennial level of group think. Bring up old post for that reason tells me you are incapable of reading something you don't agree with and respond intelligently. Keep in mind I am excluding the "Fire Cal" and "Hami sucks" crowd. They are equally annoying.

Second as to your post, if this happens again next year people should freak out because it means something is broken. This is UK basketball. It should not be considered the norm that we suck in January and February and rebound in March to be a marginal top 30ish team. We are still unranked and we should be a top 5 level program. Even after the recovery this is still a poor season. If it's happening repeatedly then something is wrong. Next year's team shouldn't struggle the this one did. This season is ok only if it's rare.

So one game in the SEC tourney validates the season?
Nope. Not at all. This team has won 7 out of 8 games and won the SEC tournament against a top 15 team. Without a key player. There is no validation needed no matter how they do in the tournament. It’s a crap shoot in the NCAA tournament. Ask Duke which has advanced poorly over the past ten years. Ask Michigan State which was upset as a two seed last year. Izzo and K didn’t need to validate anything and neither does Cal.

I can agree, @JFCats22 actually ran me off another forum (it sucked anyway) just because he is so ****in negative and really no basketball input but he does seem like a fan. I have no idea why people choose to live their lives from the fetal position but it must suck.

But kiddy, @ZaytovenCat and @CincyUKFan are obvious trolls. they literally get moist when UK loses a game. Still trying to understand why they are not perma banned? Bc it would make too much sense

Say what you want but just because someone says something A) you don’t like. B) you don’t agree with. C) that makes you feel offended is no reason to run around calling troll. I could go on and prove that I’m a life long UK fan but truth be known, I honestly don’t care if ANYONE believes it. I have two kids who love to watch games with me. My wife is a UT fan and we had a blast yesterday giving her hell about her team losing. I was born in Middlesboro and have lived in TN since the third grade. My entire family is from TN and they hate that I’m the only UK fan besides my son.

Now, do I call out Cal when I see something I don’t like. Yes. Have I said he made too much money this year? Yes. If that bothers you, that’s too bad. I was blasted yesterday for “waiting to post after the game”. Hahaha. News flash! I WATCH THE ENTIRE GAME SO I CAN COMMENT AFTER THE GAME. Did I post before the end of the Vanderbilt game? Yes. It was a terrible win and I called it before Vandy decided to pull a Kentucky football move and snatch defeat from the jaws of victory AND see, that comment right there will make someone believe I’m not a UK fan but you know you’ve witnessed the same thing many times over. I just call it like I see it but because I saw a loss (even after winning in BS manner) I’m instantly “not a fan”.

Bottom line. I don’t care. I have a great job! A great life and a great SPLIIT household with a beautiful UT fan wife. If Cal came out and said he thought we would miss the tournament and you are on here blasting ONE SINGLE PERSON without blasting him. You’re a hypocrite.

Stop getting butthurt. Stop tossing around “troll” and learn to live with other fans that don’t agree with your stance or beliefs.

Now, back to golf ;-)

Say what you want but just because someone says something A) you don’t like. B) you don’t agree with. C) that makes you feel offended is no reason to run around calling troll. I could go on and prove that I’m a life long UK fan but truth be known, I honestly don’t care if ANYONE believes it. I have two kids who love to watch games with me. My wife is a UT fan and we had a blast yesterday giving her hell about her team losing. I was born in Middlesboro and have lived in TN since the third grade. My entire family is from TN and they hate that I’m the only UK fan besides my son.

Now, do I call out Cal when I see something I don’t like. Yes. Have I said he made too much money this year? Yes. If that bothers you, that’s too bad. I was blasted yesterday for “waiting to post after the game”. Hahaha. News flash! I WATCH THE ENTIRE GAME SO I CAN COMMENT AFTER THE GAME. Did I post before the end of the Vanderbilt game? Yes. It was a terrible win and I called it before Vandy decided to pull a Kentucky football move and snatch defeat from the jaws of victory AND see, that comment right there will make someone believe I’m not a UK fan but you know you’ve witnessed the same thing many times over. I just call it like I see it but because I saw a loss (even after winning in BS manner) I’m instantly “not a fan”.

Bottom line. I don’t care. I have a great job! A great life and a great SPLIIT household with a beautiful UT fan wife. If Cal came out and said he thought we would miss the tournament and you are on here blasting ONE SINGLE PERSON without blasting him. You’re a hypocrite.

Stop getting butthurt. Stop tossing around “troll” and learn to live with other fans that don’t agree with your stance or beliefs.

Now, back to golf ;-)

Not agreeing with you doesnt make a troll to me. You have no insight on the sport. Nothing. You said in your second paragraph that you have been calling Cal out for something that you see that you don't like, that's the joke right there .that's what makes you an idiot. You don't know the game. You're talking about a HOF coach .This was prob Cal's best coaching job of his career, especially UK. "This loss is on Cal" blah blah without any reasoning that makes sense basketball wise.

I'm not butthurt. I just don't like idiots. Watch the game and understand the nuisances or stick to golf .Actually stick to golf, it seems to be more your speed

Reactions: JCBLUECATNC
Arkansas is a good win for this team. To get better you have to beat the teams in front of you. This team could have folded and has chosen not to. Big step.

As for the other argument, the pumpers disappear when we lose. They claim "board negativity" as the reason, when in fact it's just because they've been wrong and don't want to deal with their past comments. Arrogance is thick with this bunch.

The board realist just call what's happening in time, they don't care about a thread being pulled up and thrown into their face a few weeks from now. Sometimes it's funny, because all that they were really saying, is exactly what Cal ends up doing and they were actually right. lol. Those are my favorite times.

But hey, it's best to just let people be fans as they see fit. We're all going to be right and wrong, being a pumper doesn't mean you are elevated because you have a warm feeling about your positivity.

Excellent post my man, and accurate for the moment. Couldn't have said it better myself.

LOL

support the team NOW...precious

I know. I supported them all year long. I was frustrated, sure. Never once did I throw a kid under the bus or clamor for a coaching chance or even entertain going to the NIT. Why? Because I pay attention to the rest of the country and not just UK. I knew we were having a rough patch, but so were two dozen other teams below us on the bubble. I didn't throw a tantrum in February because I've seen this movie before with Cal's teams that aren't loaded with talent and SOME experience from the start.

I like how the negative assclowns are getting so worked up over being made fun of for being chicken littles. It's quite fun to mess with these people.

So, I'm going to keep doing it.

Excellent post my man, and accurate for the moment. Couldn't have said it better myself.
Actually the same fire Cal, Cal can’t coach etc. posse will return after the next loss. And will return next year during the next rough stretch saying the teams is going nowhere. And then UK will turn it around like they have almost every year except the year Noel has a catastrophe injury and they will disappear. Like clockwork.

Actually the same fire Cal, Cal can’t coach etc. posse will return after the next loss. And will return next year during the next rough stretch saying the teams is going nowhere. And then UK will turn it around like they have almost every year except the year Noel has a catastrophe injury and they will disappear. Like clockwork.

And it will be the same posters. Gee wizz I wonder why?

ADVERTISEMENT