ADVERTISEMENT

NIT is legit option now

I know. I supported them all year long. I was frustrated, sure. Never once did I throw a kid under the bus or clamor for a coaching chance or even entertain going to the NIT. Why? Because I pay attention to the rest of the country and not just UK. I knew we were having a rough patch, but so were two dozen other teams below us on the bubble. I didn't throw a tantrum in February because I've seen this movie before with Cal's teams that aren't loaded with talent and SOME experience from the start.

I like how the negative assclowns are getting so worked up over being made fun of for being chicken littles. It's quite fun to mess with these people.

So, I'm going to keep doing it.

The only time I personally thought, "oh shit" about the NIT was during the 4 game losing stretch. Which, was a valid concern imo, because at that point the NIT became a real option.

Some were screaming NIT way, way too early.

The only time I personally thought, "oh shit" about the NIT was during the 4 game losing stretch. Which, was a valid concern imo, because at that point the NIT became a real option.

I never thought it was simply because the teams below us were in worse shape. I remember saying after the skid that if we beat Bama and Ole Miss we'd be fine. The Cats ended up doubling that and the Arkansas game likely sealed our bid. Now, if this were a regular year where most teams in the country didn't have 7 or more losses, I would've been more worried.

It's my fault this thread got brought back, but after receiving an auto bid (and being filled with adrenaline and bourbon yesterday), I thought it would be funny to poke the negative nest. The reactions didn't disappoint.

Reactions: awf and morgousky

There is nothing wrong with being concerned. Hell anyone with a brain would have been after four straight losses. The difference is posters such as yourself continue posting and don’t make moronic statements even if they have criticisms of Cal. The people I speak of are usually nowhere to be found this week.

I never thought it was simply because the teams below us were in worse shape. I remember saying after the skid that if we beat Bama and Ole Miss we'd be fine. The Cats ended up doubling that and the Arkansas game likely sealed our bid. Now, if this were a regular year where most teams in the country didn't have 7 or more losses, I would've been more worried.

It's my fault this thread got brought back, but after receiving an auto bid (and being filled with adrenaline and bourbon yesterday), I thought it would be funny to poke the negative nest. The reactions didn't disappoint.

I've gotta take a piss brb.

well lets see how the tournament plays out. The wait until March mantra isn't based on the SEC tournament.

As someone said before, a loss to Davidson and it pretty much invalidates the last 8 games.

A Zona loss leaves a grey area for debate. A UVa loss pretty much leaves us at we had a good team, just not there".

IMO, a UVa win only validates the wait until March mantra. And an early round loss, based on what the committee said yesterday, all those "A loss in December means nothing" folks don't have much to stand on.
is this a serious post?
It reads that you are trying to justify and hoping for a "fall"
and BTW Arizona is one of the strongest teams in the country at this moment, there is no shame (if we play well and with effort) in losing to UofA or UVA; to think otherwise is obtuse and petty.

Reactions: jrpross
I know. I supported them all year long. I was frustrated, sure. Never once did I throw a kid under the bus or clamor for a coaching chance or even entertain going to the NIT. Why? Because I pay attention to the rest of the country and not just UK. I knew we were having a rough patch, but so were two dozen other teams below us on the bubble. I didn't throw a tantrum in February because I've seen this movie before with Cal's teams that aren't loaded with talent and SOME experience from the start.

I like how the negative assclowns are getting so worked up over being made fun of for being chicken littles. It's quite fun to mess with these people.

So, I'm going to keep doing it.

So wait a sec... this guy was doing the same thing as everyone else and now he’s changed his tune to keep everyone off his ass??

Hahaha

Perfect.

is this a serious post?
It reads that you are trying to justify and hoping for a "fall"
and BTW Arizona is one of the strongest teams in the country at this moment, there is no shame (if we play well and with effort) in losing to UofA or UVA; to think otherwise is obtuse and petty.

It doesn't really matter *who* you lose to if you lose in the first weekend of the NCAA tournament, its a failed season by UK standards...and any other bluebloods standards.

Feel free to rationalize otherwise if that is what you need to do.

So wait a sec... this guy was doing the same thing as everyone else and now he’s changed his tune to keep everyone off his ass??

Hahaha

Perfect.

Huh?

I wasn't an NIT whiny ass crybaby.

I did bump the thread yesterday to laugh at you people, but I'm not trying to keep anyone off my ass and I don't care what you and your pessimistic band of miserables thinks about me.

Reactions: WildMoon
Don’t worry all the fire Cal crowd will be acting like they are permanent UK fans after we beat Arizona and Virginia.

Reactions: awf
Okay folks
I’m going to give my opinion on this, FWIW
@JFCats22 is a hardcore UK fan; of this I have absolutely no doubt.
When he created this thread we were in a low place as a team. It really didn’t look good at all and he wasn’t the only fan who felt this way. I, personally, was more optimistic and hoped we would right the ship. But you can’t fault the man his opinion
Yes, I’m aware during game threads JFC can get harsh, and I don’t always agree with what he says or how he says it. But folks, I’ve also seen him say he was wrong and give props where they were due.

So he was wrong when he posted this thread. But, the time it did look pretty bad. Hindsight is 20/20.
Yes we have posters who are ONLY here to troll and spew negativity. JFC is not one of them
BKO you are a helluva a fan and a classy lady who usually takes the high road but.....you are wrong this time. He has been a passive aggressive pain in the ass since the beginning of the year starting countless nego threads.

Bump.

Curious if this dolt learned his lesson.

How many times do we struggle in January and early Feb only to turn it on in March? How many times does this have to happen for you to get it?

Can't wait for next year's thread on this.

Reactions: WildMoon
It doesn't really matter *who* you lose to if you lose in the first weekend of the NCAA tournament, its a failed season by UK standards...and any other bluebloods standards.

Feel free to rationalize otherwise if that is what you need to do.
You seem to be the one trying to rationalize and hope for a "bad season".
So, you can say "told ya"
Maybe I'm wrong in my assumption of your posts. Context can be hard sometimes.

You seem to be the one trying to rationalize and hope for a "bad season".
So, you can say "told ya"
Maybe I'm wrong in my assumption of your posts. Context can be hard sometimes.

nope, I'm just not going to be the guy that says its a good season if we have a first weekend loss in the NCAA tourney. Are you?

nope, I'm just not going to be the guy that says its a good season if we have a first weekend loss in the NCAA tourney. Are you?
Agree not a good season, but if we take an L to UofA that is not a failure. Ive been watching them recently... if they are playing there A game. I think they will win it all. Unfortunately, for them; Miller is still coaching and they will not have their A game for all six

Agree not a good season, but if we take an L to UofA that is not a failure. Ive been watching them recently... if they are playing there A game. I think they will win it all. Unfortunately, for them; Miller is still coaching and they will not have their A game for all six

I'm not focused on Arizona though, its about the season as a whole - why did the team get to the point where they are playing a team the quality of Arizona in the second game of the NCAA tournament? It goes back to the larger question I am asking, if this is the process then you can't cop out about your draw when you're saying games in December don't matter, wait until March. We've had some great games - beating UNC and Ohio State, beating Wichita State, I just don't think you can say - Arizona could win the national championship so a loss to them isn't bad, we just got a bad draw

No, UK *earned* a bad draw.

Part of my frustration stems from the perception that Cal was willing to lose regular season games at the expense of getting Diallo right. The payoff for that will be proof in do they go toe to toe with UVa.

Last edited:
I'm not focused on Arizona though, its about the season as a whole - why did the team get to the point where they are playing a team the quality of Arizona in the second game of the NCAA tournament? It goes back to the larger question I am asking, if this is the process then you can't cop out about your draw when you're saying games in December don't matter, wait until March. We've had some great games - beating UNC and Ohio State, beating Wichita State, I just don't think you can say - Arizona could win the national championship so a loss to them isn't bad, we just got a bad draw

Part of my frustration stems from the perception that Cal was willing to lose regular season games at the expense of getting Diallo right. The payoff for that will be proof in do they go toe to toe with UVa.
seems like we always "earn" a bad draw, no matter how good our record is and then we always play at least one team that has a bad draw (under-seeded)...
that, is on MB and the dislike for Cal...so, I guess he is to blame there also

I get your frustration and I think we all share it to an extent. Some just have a more optimistic outlook.
It’s a gamble for sure. If it pays off then I have no doubt everyone in this thread will be happy
I do think we should have been seeded one line higher though

if it pays off then Cal is COY (although I realize that has already been decided by then)

Thanks...I have already said this same thing about 10 times. The team sucked when I posted that. I was (happily) wrong about the NIT. They were frustrating as hell to watch and I was annoyed and pissed. They looked to be heading towards the NIT and even Cal said the same thing. He/they figured it out and corrected in a major way.

I was at the game here in STL on Friday and yesterday and loved watching them win the title. Now it's on to the NCAA tourney and hopefully they can continue to make improvements and win a few games!

Anyone that wants to see if I am really a UK fa (which should be obvious) can check out my Twitter account - @jmfrank1
That might be a satisfactory explanation......if this were the first time we'd been down this particular road. But it's not. This is how it works. Cal brings in a whole new team, he's relying to a great extent on freshmen and (outside of 3 of his teams which were good beginning to end) they struggle on the road in conference play, and usually look pretty bad in doing so. First time, yeah, I can understand people giving up. We go through this just about every year, and every year but one Calipari has them peaking at tournament time.

Our Hall of Fame coach shouldn't have to prove himself every year to his own fan base. Loyalties aside, how about just learning from prior history......

I bet after we were 17-9 that Vegas would’ve given better odds for UK making the NIT than the Sweet 16 or Elite 8. Why does that matter now?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT