ADVERTISEMENT

NFL Playoffs

How did this thread get hijacked into being about teams who didn't make the playoffs and were out in the first round?

Anyway, this is a Super Bowl where I hate both of the teams so much and may legit not watch it as there's not a team I have a rooting interest for. I guess I'll root for Philly but both teams have some of the worst fan bases in the NFL. I'm sure Kansas City wins.
Fly Eagles Fly!!!!

Reactions: ryanbruner
I read alot about the culture changing since he got there. Sunday night put all that to rest. Same old Bungles. Trash talking, yelling at each other, overconfident (including Joe), etc.

I appreciate your post. Not talking about all Bengal fans, or course, just the dumb ones.
Agree to disagree about being the same old Bungles. Old Bungles fell apart and did that crap while posting a 7-9 record or worse. This team is getting to afc title games and a Super Bowl. Don’t condone the behavior, but 1000% not the same old Bungles.

I’m all for Apple hitting the road, who is pretty much the person you’re referring to. Guy can take a hike.

Agree to disagree about being the same old Bungles. Old Bungles fell apart and did that crap while posting a 7-9 record or worse. This team is getting to afc title games and a Super Bowl. Don’t condone the behavior, but 1000% not the same old Bungles.

I’m all for Apple hitting the road, who is pretty much the person you’re referring to. Guy can take a hike.

Let's see it play out, but I bet the Bengals don't reach another AFC title game anytime soon unless they get home field advantage. Everything worked out for them to get there the last two years and it won't always work that way.
The Bengals are no juggernaut like they want to think they are. Joe's gonna have up and down years like all of them do. Can't wait til' they have to pay him (this offeason).

Reactions: Catman100
Let's see it play out, but I bet the Bengals don't reach another AFC title game anytime soon unless they get home field advantage. Everything worked out for them to get there the last two years and it won't always work that way.
The Bengals are no juggernaut like they want to think they are. Joe's gonna have up and down years like all of them do. Can't wait til' they have to pay him (this offeason).

Yea the piper gets paid this off-season and that could definitely change things going forward. As far as them getting to where they got, you’re making it seem like they’re just the luckiest team alive. Again, this is your homerism working against you. This team was no fluke and earned what they got. Nothing was handed to them these last 2 seasons. Only someone that just hates them would make that claim. These guys won 4 playoff games on the road in 2 years. That’s pretty crazy when you look at the historical significance of that stat. Heck, we were an injured long snapper away from having home field advantage this season. That first game was lost on a missed extra point because of that injury.

Will they get there again next season? Maybe, maybe not. I’d be floored if they weren’t in the playoffs, but once there, sh!t happens. Some great teams at that point and it’s unavoidable.

They are not some unbeatable juggernaut as you said, but they are definitely one of the 4 to 6 teams that have a real shot going into next year. It’s a long season though, and as we saw this year things can change really quick with injuries etc. No guarantees here for anyone.

So no, they may not win, but it would be blatantly false to say they CAN’T win.

Yea the piper gets paid this off-season and that could definitely change things going forward. As far as them getting to where they got, you’re making it seem like they’re just the luckiest team alive. Again, this is your homerism working against you. This team was no fluke and earned what they got. Nothing was handed to them these last 2 seasons. Only someone that just hates them would make that claim.

Will they get there again next season? Maybe, maybe not. I’d be floored if they weren’t in the playoffs, but once there, sh!t happens. Some great teams at that point and it’s unavoidable.

They are not some unbeatable juggernaut as you said, but they are definitely one of the 4 to 6 teams that have a real shot going into next year. It’s a long season though, and as we saw this year things can change really quick with injuries etc. No guarantees here for anyone.

So no, they may not win, but it would be blatantly false to say they CAN’T win.

Baltimore didn't hand them the game in round 1 with a dumb play at the goalline that swung the game 14 points and allowed Cincy to eek out of round 1? Talk about homerism.

Bungle fans agitated that they still don't get any respect need to go pound sand. Zero superbowls in franchise history and STILL running their months. Boob fanbase.

Baltimore didn't hand them the game in round 1 with a dumb play at the goalline that swung the game 14 points and allowed Cincy to eek out of round 1? Talk about homerism.

Bungle fans agitated that they still don't get any respect need to go pound sand. Zero superbowls in franchise history and STILL running their months. Boob fanbase.

That’s a really stupid argument that only people with a hard bias make. You can make the argument “you would have lost if the other team didn’t blah blah blah” with just about any game. Chiefs would have lost to the Jags if not for that really bad throw toward the end by the jags QB, etc etc etc.

Any chance the Bengals made an incredible record setting play and deserved the win? Your answer will be determined by your perception, which is controlled by your bias.

Bottom line is the Bengals did win and that’s the only indisputable fact. Then they went into Buffalo and crushed the Bills in the snow. To say they were lucky and didn’t deserve to be in KC is pure nonsense.

Also for a team as bad as you’re making them out to be, you’re ignoring the fact they were just one play from victory. If Burrow hits Chase or Higgins down the field with a minute to go, bengals are in another Super Bowl. It wasn’t like they were blown out, they weren’t. They were in it until literally the last play. A play that they were totally screwed on. 3 blatant holds ignored that would have offset the late hit.

Reactions: dezyDeco
That’s a really stupid argument that only people with a hard bias make. You can make the argument “you would have lost if the other team didn’t blah blah blah” with just about any game. Chiefs would have lost to the Jags if not for that really bad throw toward the end by the jags QB, etc etc etc.

Any chance the Bengals made an incredible record setting play and deserved the win? Your answer will be determined by your perception, which is controlled by your bias.

Bottom line is the Bengals did win and that’s the only indisputable fact. Then they went into Buffalo and crushed the Bills in the snow. To say they were lucky and didn’t deserve to be in KC is pure nonsense.

Also for a team as bad as you’re making them out to be, you’re ignoring the fact they were just one play from victory. If Burrow hits Chase or Higgins down the field with a minute to go, bengals are in another Super Bowl. It wasn’t like they were blown out, they weren’t. They were in it until literally the last play. A play that they were totally screwed on. 3 blatant holds ignored that would have offset the late hit.

Your bias is showing 3 paragraphs later.....LOL

• Haha
Reactions: JLoad22
All the best, Nerd. Can't spend a bunch of time on Bungle homers.

Man you have zero self awareness. You’re on here being the exact opposite of Bengal homers due to the fact a team you view as inferior to your own is now better. You’re trying to tear Burrow and the Bengals down to make yourself feel better about your world being upside down.

Some of what you said is true, but most of it is just garbage to try and convince yourself this isn’t real and the Bengals aren’t actually a good team.

Last edited:
Reactions: CrittendenWildcat
Actually thats an undeniable fact. Can show plenty of video. Plus I am a homer… never said otherwise.
An another undeniable fact is that holding can probably be called on every single play in the NFL.
And here is another one, that was an idiot personal foul.

Actually thats an undeniable fact. Can show plenty of video.
An another undeniable fact is that holding can probably be called on every single play in the NFL.
And here is another one, that was an idiot personal foul.
Agree completely, absolutely idiotic foul. Disagree on the holding call though. Tre Hendrickson was basically being held in a head lock from behind. It wasn’t a garden variety hold, it was about as blatant as you’ll ever see. Just went along with the late game theme though. Lots of flags on Cinci and ZERO on the Chiefs.

I’m sure Mahommes being the spokesperson for the Super Bowl sponsor is just an insignificant detail. No money at stake there at all…

The kicker to the two calls though is they were offsetting. That would have meant there wasn’t enough time to run a play and kick a FG. 99.999% going to OT in that circumstance.

Agree completely, absolutely idiotic foul. Disagree on the holding call though. Tre Hendrickson was basically being held in a head lock from behind. It wasn’t a garden variety hold, it was about as blatant as you’ll ever see. Just went along with the late game theme though. Lots of flags on Cinci and ZERO on the Chiefs.

I’m sure Mahommes being the spokesperson for the Super Bowl sponsor is just an insignificant detail. No money at stake there at all…
Agree completely. A technical hold can be called on every play. However, a headlock hold like the one on Hendrickson is so egregious it can’t be overlooked yet it was at that pivotal moment. I haven’t checked but I heard yesterday that the Chiefs weren’t called for a single penalty in the 4th quarter.l (maybe even 2nd half). If that is correct, that’s unbelievable.

That's why I ended the discussion. Was tired of getting scolded about being a homer by a guy being a homer, LOL. smh

No, you ended the discussion because you can’t logically hold your position, so you throw insults and bow out. Difference between us is I know I’m a biased homer, but I feel I can insert some logic. You’re just an illogical hater that can’t back yourself up with anything other than name calling.

If you’re a Steelers fan as someone else pointed out, it makes total sense. Your superiority complex will never allow you to accept the fact your team is no where close to Cinci.

Just keep talking about the past while we keep chasing the Super Bowl. Maybe your prayers will be answered and we won’t get there, but us not winning is all you’ve got right now.

Last edited:
Agree completely. A technical hold can be called on every play. However, a headlock hold like the one on Hendrickson is so egregious it can’t be overlooked yet it was at that pivotal moment. I haven’t checked but I heard yesterday that the Chiefs weren’t called for a single penalty in the 4th quarter.l (maybe even 2nd half). If that is correct, that’s unbelievable.

All correct. That blatant block in the back on the return…nothing to see. The THREE holds on that final play?…no big deal. All 4th quarter flags on Cinci…

State Farm… just sayin

How did this thread get hijacked into being about teams who didn't make the playoffs and were out in the first round?

Anyway, this is a Super Bowl where I hate both of the teams so much and may legit not watch it as there's not a team I have a rooting interest for. I guess I'll root for Philly but both teams have some of the worst fan bases in the NFL. I'm sure Kansas City wins.

Did you not just answer your own question here?

Seems obvious.

In Titans news, it sounds as if Ron Carthon plans to trade for Trey Lance and have him behind Tannehill next season, and then let Lance takeover after that.

Pretty meh about it, but it has to be a better plan than Malik Willis.

Did you not just answer your own question here?

Seems obvious.

In Titans news, it sounds as if Ron Carthon plans to trade for Trey Lance and have him behind Tannehill next season, and then let Lance takeover after that.

Pretty meh about it, but it has to be a better plan than Malik Willis.
That's crazy if SF bails on Lance. What a giant waste of a pick/trade. They gave up No. 12 of that draft and then 2022 and 2023 first round picks.

Here's who was taken at the No. 12 spot and after.

12 Micah Parsons
13 Rashawn Slater
15 Mac Jones

Here's who they could have taken at No. 3 instead of Lance

Kyle Pitts
Jamar Chase
Jalen Waddle
Penei Sewell
Patrick Surtain II

That was an atrocious trade but this means Tom Brady will be a 49er.

Reactions: krazykats
After Krazy mentioned this Lance trade, Brady is going to get another ring with SF and then finally retire.

I heard Colin Cowherd discussing that but I don’t know anything at all about that.

Carthon is from SF, and is extremely high on Lance. Rumor has it he thinks he could be a legit QB and SF is down on him. A possible buy low guy I guess.

I read alot about the culture changing since he got there. Sunday night put all that to rest. Same old Bungles. Trash talking, yelling at each other, overconfident (including Joe), etc.

I appreciate your post. Not talking about all Bengal fans, or course, just the dumb ones.
The bengals were probably the worst team in the nfl for a good while and now they are one of the best. Of course the culture changed. I get you are a steelers fan but you need to be a tad bit objective otherwise your opinion is voiceless.

Can I just hope for a good game. Competive. Got some good food lined up. Don't really care who wins. I only enjoy watching the cowboys lose. Have no hatred for any other franchise. Happen to like mahomes a lot. Hurts seems like a good dude as well. Bengals fans have all sorta of reasons to be excited. They were a laughing stock for decades. They are truly competitive now with burrow. Carry on

Big Ben went 13-0 in the regular season as a rookie and won two Superbowls in his first five years. Dan Marino was an all pro in all 5 of his first seasons and was league MVP in only his second year in the league. Too bad Dan's teams never had much of a defense or they would have been in more than one Superbowl..
Agreed others have had great five year runs, but in the last five years...
3 Superbowls, 5 AFC Championship games, 5 division titles, 2 MVPs (I am going out on a limb and saying he will get this year), has never played a playoff game on the road. Then when you look what he has done statistically. If he remains healthy for another 10 years, he will go easily go down as a Top 2 QB of all time. I personally don't think anyone will ever touch Brady's 7 Super Bowl wins and that will be the argument why Tommy is #1

As a Bengal fan, we were bad for a loooooooooooooooooooong time. We should get to chirp a little bit about 2 straight division titles and deep playoff runs. A Super Bowl victory would be nice. Maybe next year. Beating the Chiefs at their place in the playoffs is not easy. We didn't get blown out like the 49ers. We are knocking on the door at least.

Big Ben went 13-0 in the regular season as a rookie and won two Superbowls in his first five years. Dan Marino was an all pro in all 5 of his first seasons and was league MVP in only his second year in the league. Too bad Dan's teams never had much of a defense or they would have been in more than one Superbowl..
I get what you’re saying, but the difference with Ben is he didn’t make those Steelers teams go. Since Mahomes took over as starter KC has been 1 or 2 in offense every single season, he has been the best QB statistically by a massive margin, and his team has the best record in that span as well. Mahomes is about to win his 2nd MVP as well as play in his 3rd Super Bowl, something neither of those other 2 QBs were able to do. I’ll give you the defense for Marino but KC’s defense has been middle of the pack at best every year, except for the one when they actually won the Super Bowl.

He’s good. I’ve said it a dozen times. But they think he’s God and he’s not. He’s just not. He thinks he is as well and it bit him last night with 6 minutes left when he arrogantly threw into double coverage and got it picked. Works for me. Love his overconfidence.
I wondered why you were so stupid … then you were outed as a bandwagon Steeler fan. Now it makes sense lol. 😂

Yeah I had to do a double take on that one. He had 2 TD’s and 3 Int’s this season. That’s it. Those are the stats that got him into the pro bowl.
Is that worse than the Raiders sending their Pro Bowl QB home the last 2 weeks of the season to see what they got in Stidham?

Reactions: Kaizer Sosay
The only time I ever rooted for the Steelers was to beat the Pats that year which they lost in the AFC title game.

Anyway, here was Big Ben's stats in those two Super Bowls
Vs Seattle 9 of 21, 121 yds, 0 TDs, 2 INTs 7 rushes, 25 yards, 1 TD

Vs Arizona 21 of 30, 256 yds, 1 TD, 1 INT (that TD was the game-winner though)

He probably begged San Fran to take him along for a superbowl run, and they probably declined, so he had no where else to go but to retire.

Reactions: JLoad22
Way to possibly end your career, Joe Mixon. What the hell.

He’s always been a POS. Been wishing for his removal for years now. Perine is a far better back anyway and deserves all of woman beating joes playing time.

Reactions: J_Dee
He’s always been a POS. Been wishing for his removal for years now. Perine is a far better back anyway and deserves all of woman beating joes playing time.

Well Perine's the starter now so I hope he's up to it.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT