ADVERTISEMENT

NFL Playoffs

Saying that you don’t pay Lamar is bonkers to me. What do you do then? Sign some retread? They have been consistently good with Lamar.

Terrible Interception thrown into double coverage with six minutes left in the game last night by Burrow.

Needed 3 interceptions from Tannehill or they are out in round 2 last year. Low scoring, 19-16.

Outplayed by Hundley of the Ravens last week and got lucky to advance on a 100 yard fumble return from the goal line. Burrow sucked.

Joe's very good, but the Bengals have been so bad for so long that you'd think he's the 2nd coming when he's not even close.
That really wasn’t a terrible interception. It was 3rd and 8 or something like that. If they don’t get a 1st down, they are punting and in that weather kicks/punts don’t go as far. That interception was essientially a punt that put the Chiefs at the 15 or so yard line. That outcome was much better than they probably would have gotten with a punt.

Saying that you don’t pay Lamar is bonkers to me. What do you do then? Sign some retread? They have been consistently good with Lamar.
Waste of money imo. He is going to want top dollar but he isn’t a winner or leader. Sulks on the bench and blames others. Not an incredible pocket passer and it will catch up with him when he can’t run as well. Unbelievable athlete though who can do amazing things. Really don’t think he will ever see a Super Bowl. Tough call for the ravens but if you don’t think he is capable of leading you to a championship why would you pay that money?

Reactions: RunninRichie
If for nothing else.. organizations don't want to pay top dollar for a run-first QB, going into his 6th year, with some injury concerns.. while they know this is exactly why Lamar is asking for top dollar.

Ravens went I think 3-3 with Huntley. I imagine their front office is thinking they'd be better off with a Jimmy G type who would only garner half the salary as Lamar. Or even go get Trey Lance for cheaper and pretend it's 2018 all over again.

What's with the Bengal hate? A Super bowl appearance and an AFC Championship appearance is a pretty good 2 year run. Burrow is young. Give him an O Line and they will be unstoppable.

I still don’t think he’s reliable and constantly risking injury especially if he continues to run. Instead of paying him they could grab Derrick carr or draft a qb and franchise tag him for another year - remember they had Flacco and got Lamar as a late first round pick and he supplanted Flacco eventually.

Waste of money imo. He is going to want top dollar but he isn’t a winner or leader. Sulks on the bench and blames others. Not an incredible pocket passer and it will catch up with him when he can’t run as well. Unbelievable athlete though who can do amazing things. Really don’t think he will ever see a Super Bowl. Tough call for the ravens but if you don’t think he is capable of leading you to a championship why would you pay that money?

So glad they are going all-in on him. Will never even play in a SB, let alone win one. IF he does, it will be their defense that gets them there, not him.

I get this is a UK board but man. Lamar is still a top 10 QB at least.
Agreed top 10 but I just don’t think he is going to take the ravens to the promise land. If that is the case, why you going to pay 40 million a year. At some point you will have to start over and find a new qb so why wait 4-5 years?

I get this is a UK board but man. Lamar is still a top 10 QB at least.

Yeah I don't think anyone disagrees (well, I dont). He's a fantastic QB who never really had the weapons so many other QBs had.

But for the same reason Lamar wants the big contract, is the same reason the Ravens don't want to give it to him: there's fears from both sides of the level of risk involved. Ravens don't want to risk overpaying for a guy whose one knee injury away from being a non factor.. and Lamar doesn't want the risk of not getting paid at the peak of his career.

Any of these players is one hit from their career being over. They would be foolish to do anything other than agree to a boatload of guaranteed money.
While that rings true, here’s another way to look at it...

If you take a little less (not like you won’t still be making enough to set you up for life) then your team is able to sign a great LT & other good OL players including DEPTH...and they can sign a great WR corps that can consistently get separation & can actually catch the ball...and they are able to sign some good players on defense.

That way...you won’t be as likely to get hurt. I mean you could always get hurt on any given play...but your odds would be much better. Because now you have a good OL to protect you, you can get rid of the ball sooner & you won’t have to drop back 50 times per game because you won’t always be playing from behind.

Just like everything else...the best answer lies somewhere in the middle.

Reactions: LineSkiCat14
He's very good. He's not what you Bengal fans think he is though. Can't wait to see him get frustrated with that sh&t organization. I promise you last night started it for him.

Your opinion and totally disagree....but that is fine. It isn't just Bengals fans who think Burrow is legit....trust me on that.

Not sure what you are seeing that hardly no one else is. You put a legit line in front of him and he is damn near unstoppable.

Reactions: J_Dee
Sour grapes Steelers fan. I get it now. Quit being a hater man. It is pathetic...

Don’t tell me what to do pal. Let’s watch it play out. You’re a Bengal slurper. 31 interceptions in 2.5 years. That’s hideous. Should have been one and out this year, losing at home to an 2nd string QB and needed 3 interceptions from Tannehil last year in a game he threw no touchdown’s and a pick.

If you think it’s just an Oline and then superbowls will follow, you’re very naive. Things change fast. Get that Oline and then defense will let you down or a receiver will get hurt. On and on.. Soon you’ll give him so much money that the rest of the team will suffer. Get back to me when you win a Super Bowl. Just one. Until then, it s no more than loudmouth Bengal fans with no rings. Guarantee we win #7 before you win #1.

• Haha
Reactions: HagginHall1999
Don’t tell me what to do pal. Let’s watch it play out. You’re a Bengal slurper. 31 interceptions in 2.5 years. That’s hideous. Should have been one and out this year, losing at home to an 2nd string QB and needed 3 interceptions from Tannehil last year in a game he threw no touchdown’s and a pick.

If you think it’s just an Oline and then superbowls will follow, you’re very naive. Things change fast. Get that Oline and then defense will let you down or a receiver will get hurt. On and on.. Soon you’ll give him so much money that the rest of the team will suffer. Get back to me when you win a Super Bowl. Just one. Until then, it s no more than loudmouth Bengal fans with no rings. Guarantee we win #7 before you win #1.
Since Burrow has been in the league, Steelers QB’s have combined to throw over 30 interceptions too so don’t really understand why you’re making a big deal about Burrow when your own team seems to have their eyes set on DB’s as well. Funny how you try to make excuses for the Bengals getting as far as they did these past two years and seem to leave out that your squad didn’t even make the playoffs this year and then lost in the wild card round last year. Historically the Steelers have clearly been the better organization so why have you spent ALL day criticizing the Bengals? Like I said before, is it because you’re projecting your anger over your own team’s recent failures on others?

Reactions: dezyDeco

Just took a poke, that's all.

Mahomes has thrown as many last three seasons. Manning threw almost twice as many his first three years.

Mahomes has thrown as many last three seasons. Manning threw almost twice as many his first three years.
He’s good. But again he’s no God and Bengals always gonna Bengal as we saw yet again. You boobs might rethink rattling the other teams cage when you have to go there and beat them. Just a total goofball fanbase.

Reactions: Catman100
Offer Joe a 500 mil 10 year deal with 250 mil guaranteed and move on. Sign Chase to an extension next year, trade Higgins and Mixon, keep Perine and the D line, try to keep Bates, draft the best O line and TE.

Bates replacement was drafted last year in Dax Hill. That kid will be really good!

I’m a Steelers fan, but 31 INT in 2.5 years isn’t bad. That’s like 12-13 a season, or about 0.75/game. It’s not Aaron Rodgers good. But Brady averaged about 0.6/gm.

I keep thinking about 2nd and 3 with back to back deep throws because it was like the Super Bowl all over again. We didn't learn a thing. I am haunted by our poor play calling when everything was on the line. At a minimum we could nave guaranteed OT and that KC wouldn't get the ball back at least. Just get that 1st down when you're on 2nd and 3. Kills me.

I can't think of another team who has gotten so close and lost so many close big games. 3 Super Bowls and yesterday, all lost in the final minutes. Damn.

I’m a Steelers fan, but 31 INT in 2.5 years isn’t bad. That’s like 12-13 a season, or about 0.75/game. It’s not Aaron Rodgers good. But Brady averaged about 0.6/gm.

He’s good. I’ve said it a dozen times. But they think he’s God and he’s not. He’s just not. He thinks he is as well and it bit him last night with 6 minutes left when he arrogantly threw into double coverage and got it picked. Works for me. Love his overconfidence.

• Haha
Reactions: Blue63Madison
In the Super Bowl LA was conceding the FG to tie. Just throw the ball over the middle with 2 wide open receivers but instead we try to go deep to Chase on 2nd down. You cannot waste plays in crunch time. Every 5-10 yard throw they concede is critical for you to take because if you pass up on 1 then you're behind the 8 ball. Just watch Brady work his way down the field over and over again. Same with Montana. They didn't waste plays on trying low percentage stuff. 1 wasted play kills a drive in crunch time.

That 2nd and 3 should haunt the Bengals as it does me. Should have been Perine time.

Last edited:
Mahomes is hobbled. Bengals need to smell blood in the water. I have a real good feeling the Bengals will reach the Super Bowl. If they do I hope the media shut up about Mahomes already. That will prove that burrow owns Mahomes.
Just a heads up but the media won’t shut up about Mahomes until he retires because he is the best quarterback to ever play the sport

• Haha
To be fair, what he has done in his first five years as a starter is just about unprecedented

Fox Sports yesterday really talking up this point. Mahomes first 5 years might be 2 superbowls, 3 SB appearances, and 5 straight conference finals. I know Brady does have 3 rings in his first 5 years.. but those other 2 years weren't that great.

Might be the best 5 year stretch for a QB. And he's also doing this while taking up like 20% of his team's salary cap. (back 15 years ago, QBs were only taking up 5-15% of teams salary)

Last edited:
To be fair, what he has done in his first five years as a starter is just about unprecedented
Big Ben went 13-0 in the regular season as a rookie and won two Superbowls in his first five years. Dan Marino was an all pro in all 5 of his first seasons and was league MVP in only his second year in the league. Too bad Dan's teams never had much of a defense or they would have been in more than one Superbowl..

Last edited:
He’s good. But again he’s no God and Bengals always gonna Bengal as we saw yet again. You boobs might rethink rattling the other teams cage when you have to go there and beat them. Just a total goofball fanbase.

Dude you’re so focused on bengals fans being homers, you’re completely unable to see your own bias. Of course fans are homers as pretty much all are. That doesn’t necessarily mean they’re wrong though. Burrow has done more than 99% plus of other QBs and he’s only played 2 seasons (injured rookie season not counted). Maybe he gets a ring, maybe not, but he’s one of the very very few good enough to do it, and that’s something Bengals fans havent seen since the 80s or ever for a lot of fans.

As far as the sh!t talking leading up to the game, despite my thinking you’re a total hater, I actually agree. I told just about everyone I know I thought a loss was coming once that happened. They went from dogs with a chip to cocky and believing their own hype. That transition never ends well that I’ve seen.

Dude you’re so focused on bengals fans being homers, you’re completely unable to see your own bias. Of course fans are homers as pretty much all are. That doesn’t necessarily mean they’re wrong though. Burrow has done more than 99% plus of other QBs and he’s only played 2 seasons (injured rookie season not counted). Maybe he gets a ring, maybe not, but he’s one of the very very few good enough to do it, and that’s something Bengals fans havent seen since the 80s or ever for a lot of fans.

As far as the sh!t talking leading up to the game, despite my thinking you’re a total hater, I actually agree. I told just about everyone I know I thought a loss was coming once that happened. They went from dogs with a chip to cocky and believing their own hype. That transition never ends well that I’ve seen.

I read alot about the culture changing since he got there. Sunday night put all that to rest. Same old Bungles. Trash talking, yelling at each other, overconfident (including Joe), etc.

I appreciate your post. Not talking about all Bengal fans, or course, just the dumb ones.

Reactions: Catman100
How did this thread get hijacked into being about teams who didn't make the playoffs and were out in the first round?

Anyway, this is a Super Bowl where I hate both of the teams so much and may legit not watch it as there's not a team I have a rooting interest for. I guess I'll root for Philly but both teams have some of the worst fan bases in the NFL. I'm sure Kansas City wins.

I read alot about the culture changing since he got there. Sunday night put all that to rest. Same old Bungles. Trash talking, yelling at each other, overconfident (including Joe), etc.

I appreciate your post. Not talking about all Bengal fans, or course, just the dumb ones.
Where was Joe trash talking or overconfident? He was not mentioned at all in the lead up to the game. He never exhibited any over confidence after the game. In his PC after, he made sure to credit Mahomes and KC for the victory while also stating that he and the Bengals failed to make the plays necessary to win. Your hatred of the Bengals has you stating things happening that didn't happen.

Reactions: dezyDeco
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT