ADVERTISEMENT

New court coming soon

I like the new court design but I really wish maybe a few opposite corners had the old school
Wildcat smaller logo.

Reactions: CrimsonCats
Is this a situation where they couldn’t set volleyball up on the new court, or do they just not want volleyball to play on it?

I know you're not going to want to hear this, but as of right now, UK is slated to be a top 16 seed in the NCAA volleyball tournament and would host. Those games are slated from November 30 - December 2. Hence the December 2 date.
Man, I know Memorial needed the updates but it's throwing a monkey wrench in everything.

Yep. Say what you want about UofL, but that logo and court design is pretty fire. Not some generic simp crap some entry level Nike part-timer's third grade kid drew up.
Maybe it's just me but I'm not wild about it. That Cardinal is ugly. If it was just the Cardinal head, that would've looked sick. I dunno. I just hate to give them any kind of credit for anything.

Plus, birds don't have teeth. lol

Reactions: Blueworld_3.0
Obviously....everyone knows that it's not owned by the university.

But the Men's Basketball team is the only one that calls it their home arena.

Volleyball and WBB are in Memorial- Rupp is not their home.

You can try to argue with me on that if you'd like but you would lose.

Kentucky Basketball is and should always be the #1 priority in the Athletic Department, and obviously the #1 priority in Rupp Arena. Don't try to dispute that.
Eh, football should be.

Maybe it's just me but I'm not wild about it. That Cardinal is ugly. If it was just the Cardinal head, that would've looked sick. I dunno. I just hate to give them any kind of credit for anything.

They also don't play basketball.....

Is this a situation where they couldn’t set volleyball up on the new court, or do they just not want volleyball to play on it?
They lay out a completely different floor for volleyball, but I believe it goes directly on top of the basketball court. My assumption is with how new it is, they have been advised not to put that on top of it for a specific period of time.

Reactions: WeWant9
Kentucky Basketball is and should always be the #1 priority in the Athletic Department, and obviously the #1 priority in Rupp Arena.
It don't work like that.

I'd bet that the Arena probably makes by far the most money with concerts than Basketball.

They have a set rate for the university and it probably doubles\triples with musicians\wrestling and other shows at the venue.

Have a Great Day Sir\Ma'am

Video posted on instagram now, floor looks great. Not a moment too soon. I thought it looked like crap on TV the other night.

I was ready to post the same thing.
They should have left off the dumb dunking bird.

A big blue-colored, state of Kentucky emblem at Center Court would be bad-a$$. Dang it, wish they did that.
That’s what Memorial used to have

memorial_interior.jpg

They lay out a completely different floor for volleyball, but I believe it goes directly on top of the basketball court. My assumption is with how new it is, they have been advised not to put that on top of it for a specific period of time.
That is the reason, but why not just put the new court out for b-ball games and the old court out for volleyball games?

Reactions: Cal-4-Three
That is the reason, but why not just put the new court out for b-ball games and the old court out for volleyball games?
Honestly…they probably didn’t think it would be that big of a deal to sone in the fan base. That would be my guess.

I think I figured it out- I LOVE this new court and can't wait for it, but there was just something about it that I felt I still missed.

Courts of the past would have big, huge, "Kentucky" on one baseline that stretches from 3-point line to 3-point line, and then "Wildcats" on the other side, equal size.

This new court just says Kentucky and shrinks it down considerably.

I also liked that the old court had a slightly darker blue.

But overall, can't wait for the new one!

F-bexbyawAANXJK

maxresdefault.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

I think I figured it out- I LOVE this new court and can't wait for it, but there was just something about it that I felt I still missed.

Courts of the past would have big, huge, "Kentucky" on one baseline that stretches from 3-point line to 3-point line, and then "Wildcats" on the other side, equal size.

F-bexbyawAANXJK

maxresdefault.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg
the Court we had from 2009-2016 was amazing.

F-bexbyawAANXJK

maxresdefault.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg
Nice, but I wish ‘Kentucky‘ wasn’t shrunken as much.

That's exactly what I was saying in my post. The thing missing on this new court is the big, bold "KENTUCKY" on one end that stretches from end to end, and then "WILDCATS" on the other side.

It's the only thing about the new court I wish they had included.
I actually think I like the smaller "KENTUCKY" better but need to see it in live game action. I'm just generally more of a fan of a more simple, clean look. Think the mid-size lettering pulls that off better than oversized but to each their own of course.

• Love
Reactions: UK19
Does anyone know of a team/court that marks specific great moments/plays/shots somehow? Might be cool if you kept it subtle and very select. Could be a neat way to celebrate tradition.

Does anyone know of a team/court that marks specific great moments/plays/shots somehow? Might be cool if you kept it subtle and very select. Could be a neat way to celebrate tradition.
There's some court I can't recall now that had an x where a shot was hit. I can't remember which one. But it was pretty cool. Just a little small x on the court for where the guy shot it.

Reactions: SemperFiCat
Only thing I see is the 3-point line is very hard to see, at least on the rendered perspective view. On the plan veiw it is perfectly visible, so hopefully it's just a glitch in the presentation image. Last thing we need is more referee controversy.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT