ADVERTISEMENT

Storming the court

there are a lot of people here that haven't been on Bourbon Street for Fat Tuesday and it shows

Reactions: KYCAT78
Nobody is going to stop thousands of people from rushing the floor/field. Maybe having 40 or 50 police officers and that's not going to happen either.

Reactions: TM2013
just heard the ACC is the only conference that doesn't fine teams for court storming.

and the SEC is by far the most expensive

I think the student should file charges. If I was a lawyer I would do it Pro-Bono. Flip is pissed because he lost and he took it out basically attacking students. Were the students at fault for storming the court, yes but that is typical behavior after a big victory. Besides the way he whined afterwards about it when he was clearly the aggressor just shows what a jerk he is.

I am never in favor of court storming. Strange how you jump to conclusion that if you don’t like storming Duke you hate UK. I admit I like when our football team storms the field. Should just make announcement prior to games starting game will be forfeited if court or field is stormed!!
Strange how you jump to conclusion and put words in my mouth? Where did I say anyone hated anything? I did state our kids were pushed spit on and in general treated poorly in Bloomington, true story. I did ask why now all these years later why it’s different or needs to change when our hated rival started a physical interaction and then cried about it.

Uhhhh Flopperowski not only tried shoving the student but tripped him first.. look at the foot and you'll see its completely intentional by the Duke asshat.

Court stormer wasnt running directly at him or looking his way ... Flip stuck his leg out trying to trip him then shove him..

everyone trying to act like he was protecting himself, its clear as hell the student would have run past Flip and no one would have been hurt if the asshole didnt try and trip the student.

I think the student should file charges. If I was a lawyer I would do it Pro-Bono. Flip is pissed because he lost and he took it out basically attacking students. Were the students at fault for storming the court, yes but that is typical behavior after a big victory. Besides the way he whined afterwards about it when he was clearly the aggressor just shows what a jerk he is.
Would be an interesting suit. I know in football entering the field is considered trespassing.

Reactions: KYExtemper
Would be an interesting suit. I know in football entering the field is considered trespassing.
outrageous-jackiechiles.gif

I believe Darius Miller nearly got trampled at IU.
Not just Miller, before the game IU fans chanting F Kentucky. They attacked our fans and it was a very hostile environment. I thought for sure Miller was injured.

I am a lawyer and the Duke player has a much better case. The students are trespassing on the court. Your ticket authorizes you to be in certain areas of the arena, and the court is not one of them. They get what they deserve. That kid and every player has to be extremely cautious to protect their health. When an opposing fan base rushes the floor and you and your teammates are there, you should knock the shit out of anyone that gets close to you just to ensure you get to the locker room. People have been complaining in this thread about the UK/IU game. That should make it obvious to people that students storming the court is not a joke. These kids' potential future earnings are at risk and that should not be jeopardized by some college kids that are likely drunk happy that their school finally beat a good team decides to become a mob and potentially hurts someone.

ESPN got Seth Greensburg looking like he's in a hostage video officially declaring he has now switched his position on court storming. He's sweating bullets saying it.

Also I know players should never be hurt by fans but the Duke kid fully tripped and forearmed that kid and my God the faux outrage on ESPN is crazy.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ugoff
Who cares who it happened to or why. Look at baseball…runners colliding into catchers trying to come home. Permissible for most of the history of baseball and there was always tremendous risk and likely injuries across all levels of baseball. And then there was a culmination of a couple of incidences that finally got the rule to change. It’s a rule that needed to change. Why does that matter if it was your team that was central to the discussion or your rival’s team?

Also, think about the frustration you feel as a fan after your team loses. Now imagine that you are actually 19, playing for a team that just took a hard loss, and you see an idiot opposing fan flying at you. If I were the losing player, I’d linebacker charge through the crowd until I was off the court.

I hate Duke. As for the guy forearming the student,get real. Your a college player at the end of a game,and dozens of screaming people acting like idiots come running toward you,what would you do. My grandaddy once told me" Grab the bull ,you get the horns",that's what that kid got,because HE HAD NO BUSINESS OUT THERE. This could be easily fixed with the aforementioned Forfeit rule. It IS irritating that TV has sort of encouraged it for years,and now gets holy when Duke suffers. With that said anything that gives impetus to changing the rule and putting a stop to this nonsense is welcome

I hate Duke. As for the guy forearming the student,get real. Your a college player at the end of a game,and dozens of screaming people acting like idiots come running toward you,what would you do. My grandaddy once told me" Grab the bull ,you get the horns",that's what that kid got,because HE HAD NO BUSINESS OUT THERE. This could be easily fixed with the aforementioned Forfeit rule. It IS irritating that TV has sort of encouraged it for years,and now gets holy when Duke suffers. With that said anything that gives impetus to changing the rule and putting a stop to this nonsense is welcome
tripping then forearming a guy that wasnt going to run into him but by him. in all of the court stormings in the past 3 decades....... how many players have been hurt? is Duke suck ass the first? and on his own fault ...... you act like court storming is students intending to jan 6th storm the losing team players.

Of course ESPN says court storming doesn't happen at Duke, North Carolina and Kansas but no mention of Kentucky.
So ESPN still running obsessive pieces on poor Pukie’s injury. Yet not once have they shown the other videos that clearly expose him trying to shove and trip the fan that caused his injury.

My proposed rules:

1. If the court is stormed, all students are banned from games for the rest of the year
  2. Players are explicitly allowed to shove, tackle, body slam, etc any fan who impedes their path off the court. FAFO.

Take their phones away, they won't go on court. Forgot which game it was recently but literally everyone had their phone up when they were storming the court.
That’s all most if these idiots care about. Putting done dumb shit on the gram or Tik Tok. Probably wouldnt even be watching the game if they were at home, now they’re the biggest fan in the world so they can post it on social.
I've said it shouldn't happen but thinking a 6' 5" 210 pound player throwing hands with a 5'9" D&D playing college student is something they should do is just asking for trouble.
5’9” D&D dude shouldn’t be on the court. If he gets his ass kicked, he gets his ass kicked. I feel zero for him.

It looked to me like he pushed a person off their feet first
Doesn't matter; that guy shouldn't have been there. I assume the Puke player will get most of his NBA money in the can't lose lawsuit against the other school. I'm fairly certain that Wake Forest, after they pay millions of dollars for this, will make sure they have enough security to make sure their fans don't storm the court again.

I’d be furious if I was Schyer. Storming the court or field is so dangerous for everyone. I don’t know how you penalize the home team enough such that the fans would take notice and stop doing it. Maybe the conference or the NCAA forfeit the win? Fines certainly aren’t doing much good.
There will be a huge lawsuit against them from the Duke player and Wake won't want it to go to trial. They will pay dearly.

File charges? The student is on the court where they don't belong. They'd get destroyed in court if they even tried that one.

File charges? The student is on the court where they don't belong. They'd get destroyed in court if they even tried that one.
The lawsuit will go the other way and I'm sure the only reason it hasn't already been filed is because it's a weekend.

Reactions: STL_Cat
Imagine that… took a Dookie getting hurt before the taking heads started putting massive public pressure on this issue. Even Kaitlyn Clark getting hit didn’t move the needle like yesterday.

ESPN calls a referendum. Bilas speaks from his ivory tower as all knowing basketball spokesperson. This is unacceptable! Dudes used to get mauled, hit, run over… now it’s a major national story. The outrage. All it took was Duke player to be hurt. Such a national bias.

Stop allowing it. But the outrage should have come much sooner but now it happened to precious Duke so here comes the cavalry calling for change at espn!

Reactions: westerncat
That’s all most if these idiots care about. Putting done dumb shit on the gram or Tik Tok. Probably wouldnt even be watching the game if they were at home, now they’re the biggest fan in the world so they can post it on social.

5’9” D&D dude shouldn’t be on the court. If he gets his ass kicked, he gets his ass kicked. I feel zero for him.
do you feel for the athlete when assault charges are brought against him? Watch the video - tell me who was assaulting the Duke player

I don't care if a player clotheslines an idiot running onto the floor where they don't belong.
I’m trying to figure what these other people are arguing. Regardless if the player initiating contact, tripped a fan, etc…it does not matter. If that exact thing happened against UK, Kentucky fans would be livid. In these situations, take the hate for the player/team out of the picture and replace it with a UK player. Kentucky fans would be livid that it happened.

I’m trying to figure what these other people are arguing. Regardless if the player initiating contact, tripped a fan, etc…it does not matter. If that exact thing happened against UK, Kentucky fans would be livid. In these situations, take the hate for the player/team out of the picture and replace it with a UK player. Kentucky fans would be livid that it happened.
Guy invades my home, he's getting two to the temple with my CMMG Banshee, whether he attacks me first or not.

Not a perfect analogy, but the bottom line is don't be where you don't belong.

Reactions: KyCatFan
I don't care if a player clotheslines an idiot running onto the floor where they don't belong.
hey everybody, if you storm the court, make sure you avoid the players because if you don't they will clothesline you

but if he does clotheslines, then 20 of you gang up and beat the shit out of him on national TV

I guess they won't care either.

you can not want court storming and also understand that Flip initiated contact. They are not mutually exclusive

hey everybody, if you storm the court, make sure you avoid the players because if you don't they will clothesline you

but if he does clotheslines, then 20 of you gang up and beat the shit out of him on national TV

I guess they won't care either.

you can not want court storming and also understand that Flip initiated contact. They are not mutually exclusive
Hey everybody, don't storm the court and be somewhere you don't belong. I'd say the same about a player going into the stands where they don't belong. It's that simple to me.

Reactions: KyCatFan
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT