ADVERTISEMENT

Storming the court

Storming the court cannot be stopped absent the national guard or a very large police force being stationed at courtside. Even then, its iffy. If there is one truth that has lasted for all human history, it's that the mob rules. If 4000 people want to migrate 50 feet quickly, they will do it. There is no fine that will prevent it and we already know that.

Forfeiture is literally the only way to stop it if you want to stop it. That's the only way to make it hurt enough for the fans to make them restrain.
I said it earlier in the thread but a suspension for the coach would also do it. One game for the first offense, 3 games for the 2nd offense, etc. You can guarantee the coaches will make sure it stops at that point.

With that said I don't think they should stop it but make the students stay off the floor until the opposing team has left the floor. If they don't then those suspensions kick in.

Reactions: saxonburgcat
I said it earlier in the thread but a suspension for the coach would also do it. One game for the first offense, 3 games for the 2nd offense, etc. You can guarantee the coaches will make sure it stops at that point.

With that said I don't think they should stop it but make the students stay off the floor until the opposing team has left the floor. If they don't then those suspensions kick in.
That would open up an avenue for legal discourse unless the coaches signed their contract with this stipulation added. I don't see any coach willing to sign that.

That would open up an avenue for legal discourse unless the coaches signed their contract with this stipulation added. I don't see any coach willing to sign that.
But aren't all these coaches the ones who want to stop court storming and hand shake lines? According to all these article I have been seeing they allegedly are.

But aren't all these coaches the ones who want to stop court storming and hand shake lines? According to all these article I have been seeing they allegedly are.
They are because they have to stick up for their players. But they have nothing to lose saying this. Introduce something to lose and I bet the coach speak goes away

Since Filipowski started today for dook, is all this media-driven court storming outrage for nothing now?
ESPN had an article about him playing and leading Duke to a victory after the terrible injury he incurred during the assault. They made it sound like it was the second coming of Willis Reed running onto the floor for game 7 of the NBA finals with a torn thigh muscle.

• Haha
Reactions: saxonburgcat
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT