ADVERTISEMENT

ND beats UNC.

This team really needs a good win.Have to beat Tenn.
Yes sir. If it’s a close game in the final minutes, I’m to the point where I just have zero confidence in Cal to get the job done. Hell, even if the game is anywhere around a 10 point lead, I don’t have much confidence.

Every single time we have a lead, he slows the game down. I will absolutely never understand that. It’s the epitome of insanity. Then we have the absurdity of not utilizing our timeouts and terrible FT shooting.

Yes sir. If it’s a close game in the final minutes, I’m to the point where I just have zero confidence in Cal to get the job done. Hell, even if the game is anywhere around a 10 point lead, I don’t have much confidence.

Every single time we have a lead, he slows the game down. I will absolutely never understand that. It’s the epitome of insanity. Then we have the absurdity of not utilizing our timeouts and terrible FT shooting.
Hard to argue with this, unfortunately. :)

All in all, it’s been a very predictable season. We’ve beaten all the bad teams we played (some being reeeally bad) and lost to the three best teams we’ve played (one of whom was not so good).

I’m ready for something less predictable. I think this team is good, but it still has not beaten anyone good. That needs to happen.

Last edited:

saves time outs like they add to his bank account

The beauty of our schedule is that we have about 7 more games v ranked teams.

The opportunities will be there unlike some seasons at this point.

The SEC is stacked.

Reactions: dl51344

agree, slowing it down is totally ignorant, especially since they have no plays to run, everything is helter skelter & then throw up a shot at the buzzer

his ignorance cost UK a title in 2015 & it cost Memphis a title against Kansas

apparently he is unable to learn from mistakes, because he repeats them every game

Yes. When I see Cal slow the guys down and start yelling, and over coaching, that’s when I know we are in trouble.

The UNC win is not as good and the ND loss is not as bad, simple as that. No just picking one and ignoring the other, It affected the weight of both games. If people want to cherry pick they can move out west, it’s out of season though so good luck
If we are compared to Notre Dame in March than we’ll be lucky to be playing in MSG for NIT.

ND is a bad team. Bottom of ACC. We have got to start winning games sooner than later because to this point a NIT UK team would probably have same record…

Notre Dame is going to get their fair share of good wins. They're a team that can win based on matchups, not necessarily being the better team - if that makes sense. They can spread you out, they're loaded with shooters, and they're going to try to force you to make perimeter shots. On certain nights, they'll win games they "shouldn't" because of this. Doesn't mean they can go win a 5-game series, but on certain nights when they have 4 or 5 dudes making 3s, and the opponent isn't shooting well from the perimeter - they'll win.

We really haven't beaten a decent team this year.
The Cupcakeables so far, hopefully that changes.
It is stupid to think one game tells you a team is good or sucks.
If the best team always won, there would be an undefeated team every single season; and everyone could get rich betting on games.

I was at the Notre Dame game. It was amazing to me that TyTy and Wheeler couldn’t break their guys down off the dribble. But they broke down our guys off the dribble quite often.

Both ND and UNC blow.

Honestly...not surprised much....neither Notre Dame or UNC are very good....maybe one hits the NCAA bubble...which are not good teams.

But if UNC had won...it woould have made the Notre Dame loss look even worse. So I am not sure it matters either way. But the point still remains....we have zero quality wins and we need to go on a run and get a few.

It is stupid to think one game tells you a team is good or sucks.
If the best team always won, there would be an undefeated team every single season; and everyone could get rich betting on games.
Which part of my post talks about one game? Pretty sure it says this year in the first sentence. And if you can't see problems in beating cupcakes, and losing to good/decent teams, then perhaps you shouldn't be throwing the word stupid around.

I was at the Notre Dame game. It was amazing to me that TyTy and Wheeler couldn’t break their guys down off the dribble. But they broke down our guys off the dribble quite often.

Both ND and UNC blow.
reminds me of our loss to Utah in Las Vegas in 19' ... Utah took the court and had this chubby pimple faced slow looking PG and I thought " Hagans will eat that poor kid alive" and we proceed to play like its a exhibition game and Utah kicked our ass all night long . I was 5 rows back .. trust me , our guys didnt give a crap about that game .

Even thinking about that lost weekend makes me sick .. losing to a terrible Utah team and losing to Tosu . Just awful. Tosu then goes on a 7-8 game losing streak

Honestly...not surprised much....neither Notre Dame or UNC are very good....maybe one hits the NCAA bubble...which are not good teams.

But if UNC had won...it woould have made the Notre Dame loss look even worse. So I am not sure it matters either way. But the point still remains....we have zero quality wins and we need to go on a run and get a few.
By my count we have 10 Quad 1 games currently on the rest of the schedule and presumably a couple more in the SECT. I would say the goal is at least 6-6 in those. 7-5 being what I would target realistically. It would be beneficial if Arkansas got back on track and made that game a Q1 which I assume they will.

Even thinking about that lost weekend makes me sick .. losing to a terrible Utah team and losing to Tosu . Just awful. Tosu then goes on a 7-8 game losing streak
Evansville was even worse. And then watching Cal blame it on EJ not playing in the game was comical. I was like yea Cal we're really gonna miss EJ's 6 points and 2 rebounds. That was the difference haha.

By my count we have 10 Quad 1 games currently on the rest of the schedule and presumably a couple more in the SECT. I would say the goal is at least 6-6 in those. 7-5 being what I would target realistically. It would be beneficial if Arkansas got back on track and made that game a Q1 which I assume they will.
You may be right but with 3 losses currently hung on us iwth no quality wins....if you estimate 6 more losses at least (that is assumign we don't lose to a scrub)....that is 9 losses going into NCAA and that is usually a 7 - 9 seed in NCAA...which I'd argue is unacceptable given the fiasco last year.

We need to be a 3 seed or better to be legit IMO....and I don't see that happening.

You may be right but with 3 losses currently hung on us iwth no quality wins....if you estimate 6 more losses at least (that is assumign we don't lose to a scrub)....that is 9 losses going into NCAA and that is usually a 7 - 9 seed in NCAA...which I'd argue is unacceptable given the fiasco last year.

We need to be a 3 seed or better to be legit IMO....and I don't see that happening.
And Cal fans keep making excuse after excuse . We can let it play out .. but I see nothing that tells me Cal has changed his ways .. Truth is he just doesnt have the Jim's and Joe's to overcome his poor ass bench coaching .

Notre Dame is going to get their fair share of good wins. They're a team that can win based on matchups, not necessarily being the better team - if that makes sense. They can spread you out, they're loaded with shooters, and they're going to try to force you to make perimeter shots. On certain nights, they'll win games they "shouldn't" because of this. Doesn't mean they can go win a 5-game series, but on certain nights when they have 4 or 5 dudes making 3s, and the opponent isn't shooting well from the perimeter - they'll win.
Notre Dame is far from a good team.

ND has won 5 of their last 6 games. Usually the teams that upset us lose 5 of 6. lol They aren’t horrible.

The UNC win is not as good and the ND loss is not as bad, simple as that. No just picking one and ignoring the other, It affected the weight of both games. If people want to cherry pick they can move out west, it’s out of season though so good luck
They're both bad.

Both ND and UNC blow.
They weren't supposed to, that's the game Cal decided to run the offense through the low post.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT