ADVERTISEMENT

NBA PLAYOFFS SUNDAY!!

Reports from 1:00am seem to say that he's fine and avoided an actual concussion. After watching the replay today, I'd be very surprised if that hit would have actually caused a concussion.

Reactions: JLoad22
I was so close to writing "Now would be the perfect time for GSW's opponents to get an untimely and series-altering injury". Every freaking series it seems, going back to the 2016.

Wish I did and it might not have happened.

So sick of their good fortunes. Hamm said they may have avoided a concussion so let’s hope.

Reactions: LineSkiCat14
I was so close to writing "Now would be the perfect time for GSW's opponents to get an untimely and series-altering injury". Every freaking series it seems, going back to the 2016.

Wish I did and it might not have happened.
Will fully admit I don't watch the NBA nearly as much as I used to...but weren't KD and Klay Thompson hurt during their finals loss to the Raptors? Also, hasn't Klay missed a boat load of time over the past 2-3 seasons? Seems like they have had their fair share of unfortunate injuries as well...

Will fully admit I don't watch the NBA nearly as much as I used to...but weren't KD and Klay Thompson hurt during their finals loss to the Raptors? Also, hasn't Klay missed a boat load of time over the past 2-3 seasons? Seems like they have had their fair share of unfortunate injuries as well...

That was really the one year it bit GSW and Curry.

But you look on the other side: their entire first title, they went up against FOUR straight opponents in the playoffs who lost a key guard (some their point guard), 2017 Kawhi Leonard, they were down to Houston next year and CP3 got injured, Ja Morant last year, and now potentially AD for this series (although I think he'll be fine).

Reactions: mcnicKY91
So sick of their good fortunes. Hamm said they may have avoided a concussion so let’s hope.

Makes you kind of wonder if AD just took it as an opportunity to just rest the remainder of the game, as it seems they were going to lose regardless at that point.

But you look on the other side: their entire first title, they went up against FOUR straight opponents in the playoffs who lost a key guard (some their point guard), 2017 Kawhi Leonard, they were down to Houston next year and CP3 got injured, Ja Morant last year, and now potentially AD for this series (although I think he'll be fine).
Yeah no doubt GS has been the beneficiary of untimely injuries during the playoffs for some of their opponents.

Was just pointing out that they have had some injury issues as well (maybe not to the extent of their playoff opponents, but Klay being out for close to two years was a huge loss, as was KD and his achilles injury vs Tor). Anyways, hoping the Nuggets go the distance. Nice to have some fresh blood.

Yeah no doubt GS has been the beneficiary of untimely injuries during the playoffs for some of their opponents.

Was just pointing out that they have had some injury issues as well (maybe not to the extent of their playoff opponents, but Klay being out for close to two years was a huge loss, as was KD and his achilles injury vs Tor). Anyways, hoping the Nuggets go the distance. Nice to have some fresh blood.

Yeah that year it definitely cost them. But I think it was good for them for their guys to all kind of take a year off together. I believe Steph and Klay's injuries coincided with each other very well (I'd have to look). That's the way to do it. Players just can't play 8 seasons in a row with deep 2-month long playoff runs. Take a year off to reset your body, AND get a high draft pick. The only problem was their high draft picks were Wiseman and Kuminga..

And if they win, and the Suns beat the Nuggets, they get the Suns without CP3.

Not sure how this will end, but I can’t ever remember a team’s star stinking up an elimination game like Dukie Tatum has.
1–14, O-6 with 6 to play.

Not sure how this will end, but I can’t ever remember a team’s star stinking up an elimination game like Dukie Tatum has.
1–14, O-6 with 6 to play.

I have to imagine the Celtics aren't really thrilled at the thought of giving him a super max.

Welp game 7 in Boston.
The road team has won 4 of the 6 games in this series so dont count Philly out.
Embiid will have 3 more days to rest that knee too.

That was very big of Tatum to come through in the clutch.
Yep and I was shopping w/wifey today and as we were going down the chip aisle guess whos mug I saw on a ruffles bag? Yep Tatum and I knew my boys were screwed tonight.
Not only screwed but screwed by Tatum.
On to Gm 7; I wont be shopping Sunday!
I hope we get 3 game 7s because Philly and Boston would have to be prime time right or would the west coast game be just based on time zones?

What was a 30-pt halftime lead is now done to 23. Can the Suns complete the comeback?

* Not when you get 3 points in 3 minutes and KD turning the ball over

Just have a bad vibe celtics are gonna win it all this year and pull back ahead n all time titled
Hope not but Denver will be hard to beat as it turns out. Guess they just took a break down the stretch of the regular season. Not that I'm a Lakers fan. I just hope the Cats do well.

Hope not but Denver will be hard to beat as it turns out. Guess they just took a break down the stretch of the regular season. Not that I'm a Lakers fan. I just hope the Cats do well.

Like the lakers but not a lebron guy.

The 2nd round may end up with 3 game 7s though, although surely one of the 2 underdog teams will win at home n game 6.

Reactions: BGCATFAN2012
I mean, they aren't wrong. Devin Booker was fantastic these playoffs, but he's got to find a way to win when it counts.

It will be tough for the Suns to significantly improve this roster given they're paying their top four players $145 million between Kevin Durant, Devin Booker, Deandre Ayton and Chris Paul. However, major changes could be afoot for this franchise, and Ayton and Paul could be the odd ones left out.

Theses games are getting tougher by the day.. Hope the Lakers close out tonight so we can see Murray and Joker battle the evil empire. Need alittle MAMBA MENTALITY 2NITE!!

Reactions: Smashcat
I'm no KD fan, but Booker leaving the arena and leaving KD there to get eaten by the Media was weak and pathetic by Booker.
KD has taken the majority of the slander on twitter too . Kind of unfair since he was traded there midseason and then was hurt .

It’s like Luka and Kyrie I need to see them with an offseason together to judge .

KD has taken the majority of the slander on twitter too . Kind of unfair since he was traded there midseason and then was hurt .

It’s like Luka and Kyrie I need to see them with an offseason together to judge .
Like to see the Sun's owner walk in and tell KD they are making a deal for Kyrie. CP and whoever wants to leave for Kyrie and and bucket of beers.

Reactions: shaudyshaud
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT