ADVERTISEMENT

NBA PLAYOFFS SUNDAY!!

Here’s an article on Devin Booker’s historic efficiency: https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id...-historic-efficiency-suns-even-series-nuggets
One excerpt: “…Booker has now scored 331 points during this postseason, the most by any player through nine playoff games since Michael Jordan in 1990, according to ESPN Stats & Information research. Booker has done so with a 70% true shooting percentage, the best ever by a player who scored at least 300 points over a span of nine playoff games….”

I think Boston is doomed now that Embiid is back in the mix and Harden is hitting game winning threes on the reg.

Two more stellar tilts 2nite.

Both home teams can effectively win the series.

Lakers went with 5 offensive threats in the 4Q and let AD rest on offense.

Van Gundy huffed the whole 4Q - never seemed to understand what the Lakers were doing.

Played it to perfection when AD was forcing Curry to shoot 30 footers with the game on the line.

I sort of went through the motions of that also. "Why aren't they going to him?" and then kind of thinking "they appear to be giving him rest and keeping him available".

However, this is a big reason why Lakers didn't get the fouls or the free throws. But, it worked and they got the win.

Reactions: UKUGA and Montana81
This is gonna be the toughest series to closeout for LeBron. I doubt he's got enough in the tank to push LA past the Warriors then through another series. They are giving all they got to barely win as it is. It's gotta be AD to carry them on the road and maybe it gets done in 5.

This is gonna be the toughest series to closeout for LeBron. I doubt he's got enough in the tank to push LA past the Warriors then through another series. They are giving all they got to barely win as it is. It's gotta be AD to carry them on the road and maybe it gets done in 5.

You could already see they had nothing left at the end of that one. But to be honest, neither did the Warriors really.

So far, in this series, the Lakers have pulled out the two nail biters and have executed better down the stretch in those two games.

Warriors should win game 5, and for the Lakers sake, they are probably better off if the dubs blow them out early.

If the Lakers give AD and Lebron 40 + minutes again next game and lose, it may come back and bite them badly.

The Heat are definitely the most FUN to watch of any of the teams left. Bam is Mr. Hustle and they are the epitome of the word "team". Would love to have Spoelstra at UK. The offensive rebounding and ball movement are better than any of the teams including the warriors and Jimmy Butler is what I call the best all around player in the game. He is an artist out there on the court. I pulling for the Nuggets but Lakers-Heat in the finals would be epic.

Reactions: JDHoss
Suns are playing much better with Booker running the point and old man flopper hurt on the bench. If they can get Ayton to compete they have a shot. Nuggets need to keep home court advantage to survive.

Is Montrezl Harrell hurt or does he just give nothing anymore? I didn’t even know he was a 76er until I just saw him over there.

Sixers taking the Celtics defense to the woodshed up 21, under 4:00 left. Maxey now with 30 pts and Boston just emptied the bench.

Reactions: JST390-2
If Philly can take the series.. you're then guaranteed Maxey in the ECF along with two other Kentucky players (either Bam/Herro or IQ/Randle).. and for the WCF, Lakers are one win away from sending Anthony Davis there, to go against either Booker or Murray.

Unless some upsets happen, there's going to be quite a few game-changing Kentucky players in the conference finals/finals.

Sixers taking the Celtics defense to the woodshed up 21, under 4:00 left. Maxey now with 30 pts and Boston just emptied the bench.
Maxey, Embiid and Harden have all scored 30 plus points in games v Boston in this semi final series and Tobias Harris looked good tonight too!
It could get ugly again Thursday night in Philadelphia. The Wells Fargo Center will have 21,000 strong going ape **** !!!!
Tonight was the 1st road game 5 playoff win for the 76ers in nearly a quarter century circa 2000!
Trust the Process!

Last edited:
Boston sputtering as of late with a first year coach, is making me feel better about my Rockets essentially snagging Udoka from them. I think Boston is going to feel that loss for a while.

National pundints just gushing over Maxey. Enjoy the ride that is UK Basketball and what it produces. I know I am. 2 more games tonight and the beer and wings will flow.

Reactions: BGCATFAN2012
Davis left the arena in a wheelchair last night after an elbow by Looney. That’s got concussion written all over it.

Davis left the arena in a wheelchair last night after an elbow by Looney. That’s got concussion written all over it.

I was so close to writing "Now would be the perfect time for GSW's opponents to get an untimely and series-altering injury". Every freaking series it seems, going back to the 2016.

Wish I did and it might not have happened.

Reactions: JLoad22
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT