ADVERTISEMENT

NBA Draft HotelBlue Winner!

LOL I think I only had one Cat on my last team, Rondo. I guess I’m now making up for that. I’m trying to pick mainly young guys on this one. No school has more good, young talent than does Kentucky. Makes it real easy to choose former Cats.

let's see how round 3 does. It'll be very hard to keep going all UK.

I got quite a few options available due to my 1st pick..... kinda scary because I can go with practically anyone next.

@jrpross eliminate one of my options sir.

I love you guys, but some of you have your blue glasses on for this thing 😂

I’ll take Zion Williamson. It’s to you, sir @UKNorse
Nah. Both Murray and SGA are very solid picks IMO. Would be a fantastic young backcourt. They both possess two totally different skill sets.

I was thinking hard about taking Zion. To me, though, his health is a huge issue. The kid is like 19 or 20 and was on minute restriction all season his rookie year. IMO, he’s a big gamble this early.

Was thinking of him also. I was really torn on him or SGA. I just feel SGA has a little more upside. In particular, defensively. JMO.

Both players are going to be studs. Couldn't go wrong with either one IMO. Maybe SGA gets you the votes in this forum though :p

Reactions: Cowtown Cat
As we saw all playoffs long, the NBA continues to trend towards guards who can get their own shot and score no matter the defense thrown at them.

This guy almost single-handedly outdueled the Nuggets while maintaining his potential as an elite defensive presence due to a 6'10 wingspan and stellar athleticism.

At just 23 years old (you guys know this is for 7 years, right?), he posted 24 points (good for 13th in the league), just a hair under 5 assists and rebounds, and 1 steal per game while leading his team to the playoffs and shouldering the load of overcoming the opponent's best defender each time out.

Not to mention he finished top-25 in made 3's while shooting 37% from deep. These weren't open spot-up jumpers either.

Give me my second unstoppable big shot maker who hasn't even scratched his ceiling yet.

I'll take Donovan Mitchell.

As we saw all playoffs long, the NBA continues to trend towards guards who can get their own shot and score no matter the defense thrown at them.

This guy almost single-handedly outdueled the Nuggets while maintaining his potential as an elite defensive presence due to a 6'10 wingspan and stellar athleticism.

At just 23 years old (you guys know this is for 7 years, right?), he posted 24 points (good for 13th in the league), just a hair under 5 assists and rebounds, and 1 steal per game while leading his team to the playoffs and shouldering the load of overcoming the opponent's best defender each time out.

Not to mention he finished top-25 in made 3's while shooting 37% from deep. These weren't open spot-up jumpers either.

Give me my second unstoppable big shot maker who hasn't even scratched his ceiling yet.

I'll take Donovan Mitchell.
Nice pick. However, you do know that just because it’s 7 years, winning all 7 isn’t realistic, right? Whether you get them out the gate, in the middle, or at the end is irrelevant. Build the team that will win the most titles in 7 year’s is the agenda, so building young is not necessarily advantage, but certainly a strategy.

Luca and Donovan Mitchell, good god!

Kawhai and Siakam is also pretty insane!

Nice pick. However, you do know that just because it’s 7 years, winning all 7 isn’t realistic, right? Whether you get them out the gate, in the middle, or at the end is irrelevant. Build the team that will win the most titles in 7 year’s is the agenda, so building young is not necessarily advantage, but certainly a strategy.

Not to speak for Gonzo but I personally think the Lebron, Curry team wraps up years 1 and 2 potentially depending how they finish the line up.

You are shooting for years 3-7 at this point.

Reactions: drcats2013

I think it's the Kentucky approach. Knock on the door every year. We saw what Luka and Mitchell both were able to do with weak supporting casts this year. It's not unreasonable that I build a team that competes right out of the gate and only gets better.

At the very least, the teams built to win in year one and two will be in the retirement home while I'm still making runs to the finals. I'll take my chances on winning the most out of 7 rather than the most out of 2.

I think it's the Kentucky approach. Knock on the door every year. We saw what Luka and Mitchell both were able to do with weak supporting casts this year. It's not unreasonable that I build a team that competes right out of the gate and only gets better.

At the very least, the teams built to win in year one and two will be in the retirement home while I'm still making runs to the finals. I'll take my chances on winning the most out of 7 rather than the most out of 2.
How many titles has the Kentucky approach won though? I have two guys that are the best winners in the game, with two different styles of play. Of course I still have to build around them correctly, as two guys alone in a stacked draft like this won’t get it done, but 2-3 projected titles should be enough to win this draft, and that’s what I’m shooting for.

I see Lebron as the NBA version of Brady. He realistically should still be quite amazing 3 maybe 4 years from now, so I can argue a 4 year window as the favorite if I can build correctly, and Steph’s style of play should easily still have him extremely effective in 4 years. Lebron with his body regimen is a more talented version of Karl Malone, who was still a stud at 38-39 years old and it took an injury at 40 to retire him.

Reactions: DraftCat
How many titles has the Kentucky approach won though? I have two guys that are the best winners in the game, with two different styles of play. Of course I still have to build around them correctly, as two guys alone in a stacked draft like this won’t get it done, but 2-3 projected titles should be enough to win this draft, and that’s what I’m shooting for.

I see Lebron as the NBA version of Brady. He realistically should still be quite amazing 3 maybe 4 years from now, so I can argue a 4 year window as the favorite if I can build correctly, and Steph’s style of play should easily still have him extremely effective in 4 years. Lebron with his body regimen is a more talented version of Karl Malone, who was still a stud at 38-39 years old and it took an injury at 40 to retire him.

As a Lakers fan I think Lebron&AD only have 2 more years personally to pull off another championship. Is AD and Steph that big of difference though? I think it will depend on your next few picks to see if you can carry a chip into year 3-4

Reactions: drcats2013

That's always the plan, until it isn't. That one injury is all she wrote at that age. Dirk, Kobe, Malone, etc. Once it hit, they were never the same. LeBron will be 36 in two months. When your best case scenario is that he's good for two more seasons out of 7, it better work.

When your best player is 36 and his running mate just missed the year with an injury (and is 32) there's no room for error. Very small window until it's absolutely over. You better win the first two, and it better be absolutely without a doubt. One Steph ankle roll or a LeBron groin pull and the whole thing is done.

Reactions: jrpross
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT