ADVERTISEMENT

Travis Perry vs. Reed Sheppard

Don’t shoot me because this is just my OPINION…I saw Sheppard and Reed quite a bit in HS.

Reed is/was a far superior player. I think Perry can be a role player but will not be a main cog. I think Perry is a 4 year player at UK.

Don’t shoot me because this is just my OPINION…I saw Sheppard and Reed quite a bit in HS.

Reed is/was a far superior player. I think Perry can be a role player but will not be a main cog. I think Perry is a 4 year player at UK.
Everyone thought the same thing about Reed this time last year. No one predicted the season he had.

No one expected Reed to be as good as he turned out to be. Not even close. I remember some on here that said he would be riding the bench, So who's to say Perry can't be a game changer. Just have to wait and see.

Reactions: jrm693 and uky8unc5
No one expected Reed to be as good as he turned out to be. Not even close. I remember some on here that said he would be riding the bench, So who's to say Perry can't be a game changer. Just have to wait and see.
Totally agree. And I have high hopes!!

Reactions: THE_HOOK

Reed is obviously a superior player. He went 3rd overall. I just hope Perry stays and develops into an all SEC or AA level guard one day.

Reactions: crestcat
I’m just gonna keep saying the name Chris Lofton until I will Perry into that role and level of impact.

Chris Lofton
Chris Lofton
Chris Lofton
Chris Lofton

Reactions: deep3
It's gonna be hard for Perry to top 50% from 3 but I have no doubt he's just as lethal.
Yeah. He may not shoot the same percentage over his career bc he’s going to be in a more “gunner” volume shooter type role. Shot searcher even if it isn’t in volume… more of a volume per minute ratio. Reed had the luxury of very rarely having to force a shot unless it was late game situation similar to Doron lamb.

Reactions: Fox2monk
Sheppard could never crack the starting line-up as a freshman, Perry is unlikely to do that either .We will have to wait till their Soph year to compare stats..........oh wait, Sheppard never made it that far. So, like how many licks it takes to get to the Tootsie Roll center, the world may never know.

Sheppard is/was the better overall athlete, a bit bigger and stronger. I doubt either of them can keep a chair from getting into the lane if it wanted to do so. Sheppard was more valuable to his team than Perry is likely to be in his first year.

We caught lightening in a bottle with Sheppard, it is not likely we can do the same in back to back years

Reactions: Montana81
Reed shot 38% from 3 his high school senior year. Failed to start in college only because his college coach had personality issues. Did other things besides shooting better than Perry, but never won us any games with any of those things. (Possibly because his college coach had personality issues.)

Travis Perry shot 42% from 3 his high school senior year and has a shrewder, humbler college coach with a much more dynamic offense.

Appreciate the “please don’t hit me again!” attitude so many of you are approaching this subject with. But in the real world there just aren’t any particularly good reasons to expect Perry’s freshman year to be any worse than Reed’s.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT