ADVERTISEMENT

N.O.B.

200w.gif

Reactions: Kaizer Sosay
Yeah, so this team is gonna be pretty good. Especially if they shoot the rock from the arc like they did tonight.

Gotta stay healthy and gotta keep egos in check. Cal has to get them to buy in to the 2012-AD type mentality of TEAM. In fact, I would fly AD in to talk to the team the minute they step back in Lextown.
They are fine in that department now...but gotta stay on top of that issue and be proactive.

Also...Nick had another solid game. Love his game flow and confidence right now. He just looks comfortable out there. Not comfort zone comfortable in the sense that he is going through the motions. Because he is playing aggressive. I mean comfortable in the sense that he isn't thinking too much and playing like a robot.

#Sub_9

Whatever happened to -LEK-?
Not sure exactly. But one of his battles with another poster got very personal and apparently real threats were made or his family was brought into the fray or something like that. So he bailed. Can't say I blame him.

But I'm pretty sure he still posts in other threads under a different name. Just a hunch...I have no confirmation of that.

Reactions: Mashburned
Not sure exactly. But one of his battles with another poster got very personal and apparently real threats were made or his family was brought into the fray or something like that. So he bailed. Can't say I blame him.

But I'm pretty sure he still posts in other threads under a different name. Just a hunch...I have no confirmation of that.
Probably the same jizzswiller that got Speerz canned

@-Mav- we are now 2-0 in the Bahamas. If we win the next two games you must start your annual 40-0 thread and include platooning and the importance of the platoon. Your yearly 40-0 thread is like Christmas morning on catpaw. Nobody else can start it or it not the same. It would be like anyone posting a naughty teacher thread not named kybobcat. We need your 40-0 magic to get the season started right, and no better time to start that thread would be on Sunday after we finish the tournament. Please mav for all the fans out your work and of course for iceman, and goose, please bless us with your magical 40-0 thread. We need it bad!

Hit up Texas Roadhouse the other day for my birthday, there was a poor bastard standing outside of the front door holding a dozen roses for some lucky gal. I had to ask if she was running late. Im sure it was their first physical encounter after meeting on farmeronly.com. I guess he wanted to make sure she knew who he was by looking like a dumbass holding flowers outside of a Texas Roadhouse. Y’all have been there you know the crowd gathers outside waiting for a table. After I was seated i saw the young lad with his lady friend. Let’s just say, Golden Corral was next door and it might of got him laid cheaper. Close to a deuce.

I have a really good feeling about this team.

<> Returning experienced players. Three soph's back from last year's squad that all got significant minutes last season...and all have significantly improved their game. And B-rad. Not that I think he will contribute much on the court (if at all)...just that he has been around and can help the youngsters out mentally when they inevitably wind up in Cal's dog house at some point during the season.

<> An even more experienced transfer player in Travis.

<> The 2nd ranked frosh recruiting class (and I'm not so sure they shouldn't be #1). Including Herro who is apparently twice as good as where he was ranked.

<> We are a matchup nightmare. Potential mismatches all over the court. Almost all of our bigs can stretch the floor. That will open up lanes for everyone else. Our guards can all penetrate and finish or dish the rock. And...Our perimeter shooting will be vastly improved from last season. This will open up the paint.

<> This team is going to be really good on defense. Our defense will generate mucho offense this season. Hagans' ball pressure tops this list. Nick's shot blocking is not far behind. It will get him in foul trouble some but his presence will alter shots and drives...and we have talented depth in the paint if he does get in foul trouble. Maybe most importantly...there doesn't appear to be a glaring weakness or liability on defense. Strong across the lineup...until B-rad steps on the court that is.

<> Its hard to tell much with the talent level of the opponents thus far...but this team appears to rebound the ball well. Travis hasn't played very well offensively but he has been a beast on the boards. Nick has too. The other bigs go hard to the boards too. Even the guards rebound at a high level. This will limit 2nd shots and will lead to fast break opportunities.

<> They already seem to be in mid-season form as far as gelling as a team and unselfish play. This is huuuuuuge.

<> Depth. Talented depth at every single position. Foul trouble shouldn't be a problem. Off nights shouldn't be a problem.

<> Injuries & egos are the only two major obstacles. The former is always a possibility in sports. And we could overcome one (maybe even two) injury because of the depth. The later isn't a problem now but you never know how kids will react when the bright lights are shining.

<> Out of all of that...the first two points and the 7th point are the most important IMHO. Four talented guys with major D-1 college experience. And everyone is currently playing unselfish and within their limits.

It's the intangibles that get you over the hump in a run to a ship...experience, leadership, unselfish play, etc...Its early but I think we are headed for another title.

#Sub_9

Herro is twice as good as Shep was when he was a freshman...maybe even better than that.

The one thing that may bite him occasionally is that he floats a lot on his jumper. Just the type of player he is. Not necessarily a bad thing because when he is "in the zone" that movement helps him. But my experience with that type of player is that they can be streaky with their long range J (3point shoooting)

[laughing] @ White American Cheese

Made me think of the movie The Great White Hype

Thus...

Great White American Cheese

Hereunto...

G-WAC

This cracked me up last night.

Serbians with their pink uniforms and weak immune systems...poor bastards.

2 things the Bahamas have taught me

1. Our team is really awesome
2. International b-ball is trash

Now yo can see why Briscoe was an all star in Bosnia.

And I told you Herro was the honky that is going to break the Wisconsin curse of 2015.
@ Great White American Cheese :joy:

Took off work today and took my litte now 10 yr old girl Mall shopping for a first day of back to school outfits for first day of 5th freaking grade. whew. she is cute as hell. The looks you get walking around as a dad with that and she knows how to pimp her way around a store and shop for clothes, her and her damn mom. I could have easlily got 10 to 12 8's or better to drop their panties right then and there if I wanted. cuter than a damn puppy. my wife knows that too, she effed with me when we got home and jokes. she is cool.

last yr of elementery, last year before hormones drop and I have 2 batshit crazy animals in the house

What's up ya bunch of jackals?

Been so busy with work and life haven't had time to post!

Had a spears moment in pick up ball the other night scored a 11 straight points. Shout out to spears!

Free Willy!

I like this team best teams since the 15 team. Balanced, depth, and experience

Sorry to hear that, 93. Hang in there, brother.

Might be time to pull a Lebron and take your skills elsewhere.
Very true. I sent thank you emails to all but two of my references. They all have replied back that they gave high recommendations and they seem puzzled at me not getting the promotion.

I suspect my former boss gave me a poor reference, even though all of my reviews are good. I also found out that management solicited comments from my current co-workers. There is one lady here that is bitter and jaded at the world. She probably said something bad. Everyone else I talked to wanted me to move up, because they would have been in line for promotions too, except the one woman.

ANyways, I'm just gonna keep on keepin' on.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT