ADVERTISEMENT

N.O.B.

couldn't you get like a 3 foot blade and take out rows instead of that quarter of a paper plate looking thing? that would look like a miserable experience once you started. we mericans, we do shit bigger and better than that.

Willy is among us. There is a presence among the force. We all feel it once we search our feelings, or the paddock.

44-0. I disagree Mash. Having a Wisconsin honky is exactly what we need to break the mojo and curse from 38-1. He is the chosen one to bring balance.

couldn't you get like a 3 foot blade and take out rows instead of that quarter of a paper plate looking thing? that would look like a miserable experience once you started. we mericans, we do shit bigger and better than that.

Willy is among us. There is a presence among the force. We all feel it once we search our feelings, or the paddock.

44-0. I disagree Mash. Having a Wisconsin honky is exactly what we need to break the mojo and curse from 38-1. He is the chosen one to bring balance.

Hey, ks. I’ve a feeling that Willy is among us already. Let’s let him have a fresh board presence. JMO.

Usually have a Wednesday night dinner thing with friends .... but tonight I could do without. Wanna watch the Cats, live.

Milking these last few days off.

If I were independently wealthy and still wanted to work, I would start a carpet cleaning business. Such a good feeling to do that job. I’m an expert line maker on carpet, too. I would reserve the right to not clean any gross stuff though.

Stay cool, NOB.
Then some azzhole in GYERO throws some shitfit over the Free Willy campaign. @Mashburned tore him a new one, I think

:pizza::beer:

Hahahah B-RAD. Best shooter on the team.

Year of the honky. Not losing anther game!
[laughing]

Especially if B-RAD sticks those treys regularly.

images

I had a weird dream that involved @Mashburned last night. It started out with Mash posting a picture of where he lived, so I thought it would be funny if I went to visit him. I go to his house but he wasn't home so I broke in and ate all of his ice cream.

Reactions: Mashburned
So nobody is gonna address the 400lbs Wildcat in the room? Perhaps fearing that the kaizer might say "I told you so"?

• My boy Nick dropping 19 points to lead the Cats in scoring.
• 6-7 from the floor including a sweet baseline J
• 7-8 from the stripe
• Maybe most important of all...he wasn't fumbling any passes thrown his way.

He won't lead the Cats in scoring every game...might not even do it again at all. He doesn't have to do that night in and night out for this team to win. But he will most definitely be a major contributor for this team.

The point is that he is much improved. Just like I said he would be. He was more aggressive on both ends and he looked much more comfortable on the floor. His game had more of a flow to it. Some guys just need a year under their belt to adjust to the speed of the college game. Nick is one of those guys.

Also...I told you so!!!

So nobody is gonna address the 400lbs Wildcat in the room? Perhaps fearing that the kaizer might say "I told you so"?

• My boy Nick dropping 19 points to lead the Cats in scoring.
• 6-7 from the floor including a sweet baseline J
• 7-8 from the stripe
• Maybe most important of all...he wasn't fumbling any passes thrown his way.

He won't lead the Cats in scoring every game...might not even do it again at all. He doesn't have to do that night in and night out for this team to win. But he will most definitely be a major contributor for this team.

The point is that he is much improved. Just like I said he would be. He was more aggressive on both ends and he looked much more comfortable on the floor. His game had more of a flow to it. Some guys just need a year under their belt to adjust to the speed of the college game. Nick is one of those guys.

Also...I told you so!!!

Yea, you’re right.

Tell me this, wise one - what’s the rotation like with EJ, PJ, Nick, and Travis?

I like all those guys, but not sure how you utilize them all.

Reactions: Kaizer Sosay
Yea, you’re right.

Tell me this, wise one - what’s the rotation like with EJ, PJ, Nick, and Travis?

I like all those guys, but not sure how you utilize them all.
Way too early to know that. For one thing Travis will be a much bigger contributor on offense. He had an atrocious game but I'm not worried about that at all. He still had 13 or 14 rebounds. And most of his misses were point blank. He will make those moving forward. He is an outstanding addition to the team.

None of these guys are what I would call "dominant" players. But collectively...they have the potential to be very effective and a huge matchup headache for opponents.

What's awesome is that with Travis, PJ, and Nick you have a ton of experience in the front court (by UK's normal standards). And I really don't care what the rotation is. Because I think they will all contribute. And I think each of them will shine at some point or another. And they will all push each other for minutes...making each other better and in turn making the Cats a better team. And the best part is that (even though we still leave our feet to try to block every single shot) foul trouble in the paint shouldn't be a factor this season. Because we have talent in our depth.

That was the long answer.

The short answer? Figuring out the rotation of our talented bigs is a good problem to have.

He had a good game, but I'm gonna wait. He had a 25 pt game early last season vs. Ft. Wayne. But if he has the kind of improvement that WG or WCS did, it will be a great thing.
I can't remember...did he start in the Ft. Wayne game? Were the bulk of his points in the first half? Or were they in the 2nd half when the game was already a blow out?

Nick is tearing it up in practice. That's why he started. And he played well right out of the gate last night. I like what I saw and where his game is right now.

Again, my enthusiasm is tempered. I don't think he is going to be an All-American. I just like the improvements he has made. And I like where his confidence level is right now. And I think he will be a major contributor.

I can't remember...did he start in the Ft. Wayne game? Were the bulk of his points in the first half? Or were they in the 2nd half when the game was already a blow out?

Nick is tearing it up in practice. That's why he started. And he played well right out of the gate last night. I like what I saw and where his game is right now.

Again, my enthusiasm is tempered. I don't think he is going to be an All-American. I just like the improvements he has made. And I like where his confidence level is right now. And I think he will be a major contributor.
Hopefully Cal doesn't start yelling from the bench and shake his confidence.

I can't find half by half stats for the FtW game last year, but Richards started. He's always been good from the ft line and has a nice touch to about 15'.

that's important.

Imo, Reid should start.
He probably will be starting soon and for the majority of the season. But again, I don't think it matters much who starts. Use that as motivation and start the guys who are performing in practice and games. Pretty simple. Perform and you get minutes. Perform at a high level and you start.

BTW...Nick playing well didn't surprise me at all and was probably about 5th on my list of favorite things I saw in that game.

1st...by a wide margin was Hagans' defense on the ball. He is a lock down defender. And his defense will generate a lot of offense this season.

The one glaring area of concern from last night was...once again...shooting. We missed a ton of open looks from the perimeter. And we missed a ton of 2' shots & layups. But I'm not overly concerned about shooting...yet. Because it's very very early.

Reactions: AustinTXCat
Hopefully Cal doesn't start yelling from the bench and shake his confidence.

I can't find half by half stats for the FtW game last year, but Richards started. He's always been good from the ft line and has a nice touch to about 15'.
Confidence is the biggest factor and the point I was trying to make about Nick months ago. As a freshman he had none. He needed a year.

I concur about Cal though. Hopefully Nick doesn't become his whipping boy a la Poythress. To this day I think that if Cal had stayed off his back and given him the slack that he gave other players...he would have had a much better career at U.K.

Reactions: UKGrad93
I think Hagans should start, too. He was like Rondo out there on D. I don't think he's gonna start tho...

I also like Quickley.

I think both of those guys should get minutes/priority ahead of Quade...who I have a perhaps irrational hate for. I don't like his game, and I'm still convinced he thought hard about transferring (which he should have done, imho).

Hagans won't have any problem guarding the perimeter, pick n roll, etc... I would tell that guy to guard the whole damn floor. He'll get steals before his guy can cross half court.

ADVERTISEMENT