ADVERTISEMENT

N.O.B.

@UKGrad93 first question you get asked

"you say you know what Bob, the thing is, when one day soon you are working for me, and you will be working for me Bob, I was going to ask you the same very question. so the thing is, you need to ask yourself Bob, how would you answer that question? because you will need to know the answer to that question Bob."

27972619_1812708685448311_5289148353589760694_n.jpg

Reactions: Mashburned
Welp... my review was rescheduled for August 2.

As stated previously, if I’m not promoted in title: I’m walking. I had 408 emails I reluctantly answered on my vacation. Just left office, stuck in traffic, not home til 10, to wake at 5. Rinse repeat.

Workload:

Managing the following...

$30M historic Reno to 40story office building
$ 9M tenant fit out
$14M designated historic interiors restoration
$20M 12-story Office repositioning Project
$42M 30-story adaptive reuse affordable housing project
$105M multi-use Project

Typically a PM is in charge of 2, maybe 3 projects...not 6.

I’m breaking. If Stoops don’t beat Florida this year I’m going to burn down the Kroger Field.

I highly support burning down Kroger Field (unless that really happens then I did not make this post and I dindunuffin) , but also support you burning down all those multimillion projects because NYC sucks why do they need all that crap anyway?

I think this football season is going to be highly disappointing. IT TOOK A MAN WHO CURED HIS OWN TOURETTES TO ALMOST BEAT FLORIDA LAST YEAR WHILE OUR STUPID COACH THREW THE GAME AWAY.

SJ is the closest thing to Jesus our team has ever had. Not the most talented, gifted, but he was just a miracle, and won us a lot of games we shouldn’t have had a shot at. If Stoops didn’t find that mfer he would have been fired with Drew Barker’s bum ass back there.

We ain’t winning crap this year. Nada. I’d say Lynn Bowden committing murder in the streets of Lexington is more likely than us winning 7 games. 6 games would be a “success” by UK standards, and 5 sends Stoops stupid ass packing, plus Mitch isn’t allowed to make the next hire.

Welp... my review was rescheduled for August 2.

As stated previously, if I’m not promoted in title: I’m walking. I had 408 emails I reluctantly answered on my vacation. Just left office, stuck in traffic, not home til 10, to wake at 5. Rinse repeat.

Workload:

Managing the following...

$30M historic Reno to 40story office building
$ 9M tenant fit out
$14M designated historic interiors restoration
$20M 12-story Office repositioning Project
$42M 30-story adaptive reuse affordable housing project
$105M multi-use Project

Typically a PM is in charge of 2, maybe 3 projects...not 6.

I’m breaking. If Stoops don’t beat Florida this year I’m going to burn down the Kroger Field.
Do any of the other folks at your level have that many projects? They either are priming you for something bigger ...... or they can’t stand to lose you at that position because everyone else sucks.

Reactions: UKGrad93
Do any of the other folks at your level have that many projects? They either are priming you for something bigger ...... or they can’t stand to lose you at that position because everyone else sucks.

Everyone at my level is slammed. The thing is, they’re all Associate Partners. I’m not complaining about my salary - just position. The higher rank you get in a larger bonus pool. So I either want AP or I’m moving on.

Been doing this shit going on 25 years. In this office, no one sucks but I’m good and managing $6M in fees this year. Crazy.

Been here for 4.5 years. Need to be recognized as a pimp of Studio A. If not, I know I’m not being groomed for anything but a thrombosis. So eff that.

Everyone at my level is slammed. The thing is, they’re all Associate Partners. I’m not complaining about my salary - just position. The higher rank you get in a larger bonus pool. So I either want AP or I’m moving on.

Been doing this shit going on 25 years. In this office, no one sucks but I’m good and managing $6M in fees this year. Crazy.

Been here for 4.5 years. Need to be recognized as a pimp of Studio A. If not, I know I’m not being groomed for anything but a thrombosis. So eff that.
Is the term “partner” in your field and in Law practices a title, or is it something bigger? I guess I’m thinking more of a M.D. or DMD practice where you have to buy in.

Meet the new football Cats...same as the old football Cats...

2018 SEC Football Preseason rankings:

EASTERN DIVISION(first-place votes in parenthesis)

Georgia (271)

South Carolina (8)

Florida (4)

Missouri

Kentucky (1)

Tennessee (1)

Vanderbilt

As bad as that sucks...I am really surprised that we are ranked ahead of UT.

Snell is a preseason 1st team All-SEC selection. And that's great! And that is a well deserved and justified honor for him.

But my money says he won't make the actual season ending 1st team All-SEC squad. Why? Because with opponents putting 8 and 9 (and sometimes 10) players in the box on the reg...he won't be able to do jack shite.

Meh. We’re ranked in that place nearly every year. Will never have any respect until we beat 2/3 of the big three in one season (UGA, UF, UT) and that’s fine. It may never happen. Plus if we were to do that in any normal SEC year (in which one of the three didn’t absolutely blow) Stoops would be on the first flight out to a bigger school.

We are who we are. Keep it interesting until November is all I ask.

Is the term “partner” in your field and in Law practices a title, or is it something bigger? I guess I’m thinking more of a M.D. or DMD practice where you have to buy in.
Depends on office. This office you’d have to buy in to the partnership.

Titles vary from: Directors, Principals, Partners...I’ve worked in 8 offices. They are all different. This office has the most chops and best pros.

After being licensed, I (reluctantly) joined the professional association. So, after my last name I get to add “AIA”. Kooky Kat, AIA

Reactions: Kaizer Sosay
Meh..9-4 this year. 8 reg season + Bowl win. You gotta get good at football. Hoops don’t mean shit, unfortunately in the grand scheme of things (wish it did cause in case no one noticed, we are pretty damn good at it)

Ain’t getting the football hate, but that’s aight

Hami. Wow. We must have held him back. Now he can buy us.

Walked through a community garden. Stumbled onto the Devils Lettuce. Didn’t say nuffin. Figure this will be the starting point of the Underground Railroad of weed. We need emancipation like a fat one

Last edited:
93, how'd it go today? Gotta say that I am more than a little disappointed that you didn't post an update in the NOB mid-interview.
Man, I met with a bunch of people today. The weirdest one was the meeting with 5 do-workers that were allowed to grill me for an hour.

2nd meeting, doctor, pharmacist, and 3 physicists (sounds like the setup for a bad joke).

3rd meeting - 2 college of medicine research faculty.

4th meeting - lunch with female boss(not hot, but prolly a solid 7).

5th meeting - associate vp of the university.

Everyone seemed to talk about what stuff they do, told me what my old boss did that they liked. Not many questions.

It seemed good, but who knows with this place. I asked my boss how many more candidates they had. She wouldn’t say and sorta laughed.

Man, I met with a bunch of people today. The weirdest one was the meeting with 5 do-workers that were allowed to grill me for an hour.

2nd meeting, doctor, pharmacist, and 3 physicists (sounds like the setup for a bad joke).

Everyone seemed to talk about what stuff they do, told me what my old boss did that they liked. Not many questions.

It seemed good, but who knows with this place. I asked my boss how many more candidates they had. She wouldn’t say and sorta laughed.
So the chopper and Ray-Bans worked? See!

What was for lunch?

Did Solid 7 have the salad and tote her own liquid refreshment in an eco-friendly reusable vessel?

Did Soild 7 inspect your use of silverware and napkin?

Did Solid 7 look at her phone more than 2x in your meeting?

Paint the scenes, son!

She wouldn’t say and sorta laughed.

There in lies the key. Solve the mystery of that laugh and the truth shall be revealed.

Was it a normal laugh? A dismissive laugh? Was the laugh evil in nature? Or was it merely a girlish giggle?

The key to the whole job comes down to that one laugh. Depending on what type of laugh it was...one of the following is certain:

1. The job is already on lockdown for you and yesterday was a formality
  2. It's all been for show and you were never even considered for the job...and yesterday was a formality
  3. She was flirting with you and wants to get it on

A Momentary Lapse of Reason

Took a detour from my usual Pink Floyd indulgences today and revisited this album instead. Just thought it necessary to mention that this is a very underrated album...maybe the most underrated Floyd album of them all. And sometimes...for long periods of time...I completely forget that it even exists.

Some dismiss it completely because it is from the post-Waters era. And I get that. But there's some good stuff on that album...and as a whole it is a perfectly decent rock album.

Carry on, jackals.

A Momentary Lapse of Reason

Took a detour from my usual Pink Floyd indulgences today and revisited this album instead. Just thought it necessary to mention that this is a very underrated album...maybe the most underrated Floyd album of them all. And sometimes...for long periods of time...I completely forget that it even exists.

Some dismiss it completely because it is from the post-Waters era. And I get that. But there's some good stuff on that album...and as a whole it is a perfectly decent rock album.

Carry on, jackals.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT