ADVERTISEMENT

N.O.B.

Some lady left two voicemails on my work phone on Saturday. She wants to reserve a handicapped room for a wedding. I don't work at a hotel. I'm not sure how my voicemail greeting would have given her that impression.

Also, a chocolate covered strawberry and another made to look like a rose laying on my desk when i got here this morning. WTF. One is wrapped, on is open.

Dear ‘93:

Please reserve the room as requested, and bring more chocolate covered strawberries... lots of them.

Signed,
Camille the Wheel

nintchdbpict000251117864.jpg

Some lady left two voicemails on my work phone on Saturday. She wants to reserve a handicapped room for a wedding. I don't work at a hotel. I'm not sure how my voicemail greeting would have given her that impression.

Also, a chocolate covered strawberry and another made to look like a rose laying on my desk when i got here this morning. WTF. One is wrapped, on is open.
(shrugs shoulders)

Perhaps the lady who left two voicemails also left the strawberries? This could get fun in a hurry.

Damn. My post in the video thread is at best only in the top three now.

1. Curveball
2. Jiggly bewbs (not sure who that is supposed to be, but I’ll allow it)
3. Cheese.D.D.K

The other that has been reposted still creeps me out a little because a) that’s someone we know’s daughter (through the Tv screen) and b) she was Peter Pan, so it might be gay? You also need sound for the full effect.

Reactions: UKGrad93
Morbid, Tuesday random thoughts:
  • So, today my wife gets to bury her dad on her birthday.
  • My first boss from 25 years ago showed up to visitation. At first, I thought wow how nice. But after speaking, I thought total weirdo. Dude memorized my LinkedIn profile.:confused:
  • *licks murder knife*
  • Saw 15 of my college pals. We all went out afterwards (Brickhouse) - laughed a lot. Drank many high ABV. Good folks, man.
  • Morticians botched the whole open casket experience. FIL looked like he borrowed Milton Berle’s lips and Hannibal Lechter warmth.
  • The H is O from err body for us to move back. It’s all on me. If I don’t make Senior Associate in April...ripcord.
  • My 4yo trying to navigate the concept of death through probing questions, insight and pure innocence is why we do this. He is a beautiful little human. Diffuses lots of tension.
  • Another session starts at noon, then funeral. Shit gets real.
  • 94 Monday work emails ignored.

• My first boss from 25 years ago showed up to visitation. At first, I thought wow how nice. But after speaking, I thought total weirdo. Dude memorized my LinkedIn profile.:confused:
  • *licks murder knife*
  • Saw 15 of my college pals. We all went out afterwards (Brickhouse) - laughed a lot. Drank many high ABV. Good folks, man.
  • Morticians botched the whole open casket experience. FIL looked like he borrowed Milton Berle’s lips and Hannibal Lechter warmth.
  • The H is O from err body for us to move back. It’s all on me. If I don’t make Senior Associate in April...ripcord.
  • My 4yo trying to navigate the concept of death through probing questions, insight and pure innocence is why we do this. He is a beautiful little human. Diffuses lots of tension.
Hang in there, brother.

Reactions: Kooky Kats
  • *licks murder knife*
Glad you go to have a little bit of a good time at least. Visitation and afterwards was the hardest part for my wife. Having to smile and listen to everyone's BS was the roughest. She just absolutely broke down after that. Funeral actually provided some closure and was as OK as is possible.

Little gal was 4 when her grandma passed. It is beautiful how they handle/understand/ask about death, but dammit, if they don't bring it up at the worst times. Wife will be having a bad day and little girl will say "nana is up in heaven with Jesus". It's a nice thought, but not. right. now. please. Cue waterworks.

Good luck on the senior associate deal, if that's what you want. Screw 'em, if you don't want it.

Glad you go to have a little bit of a good time at least. Visitation and afterwards was the hardest part for my wife. Having to smile and listen to everyone's BS was the roughest. She just absolutely broke down after that. Funeral actually provided some closure and was as OK as is possible.

Little gal was 4 when her grandma passed. It is beautiful how they handle/understand/ask about death, but dammit, if they don't bring it up at the worst times. Wife will be having a bad day and little girl will say "nana is up in heaven with Jesus". It's a nice thought, but not. right. now. please. Cue waterworks.

Good luck on the senior associate deal, if that's what you want. Screw 'em, if you don't want it.
Exactly.

Little guy’s greatest hits:

Will grandpa wake up like Jesus did?
Is this heaven? (No, its Iowa)
Don’t cry anymore gramma, I won’t cry cause I’m brave.
I don’t want you to die gramma.

Spent a fair bit of time in intervals today telling myself that it's ok if I miss this Wildcats game tonight. I have a very small infant and a 2 year old that need attention and I am tired, you guys.

After a long while, check game time.

Oh. :oops:

Last edited:
Spent a fair bit of time in intervals today telling myself that it's ok if I miss this Wildcats game tonight. I have a very small infant and a 2 year old that need attention and I am tired, you guys.

After a long while, check game time.

Oh. :oops:
Now you get to relive the dread of an impending loss all over again tomorrow night. Good times [banana]

Happy VD to all the lurking babes out there -- y'all make life worth livin' and shit. Actually, if you wanna get technical, it's tha boobies and other stuff whats fun 'cause y'all really a bunch of crazy mean bitches personality and emotionality wise. I'm talkin' soul-crushin man, deep depression yo.

Doze titties tho...

Screen-Shot-2014-01-31-at-7.47.56-PM.png

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT