ADVERTISEMENT

N.O.B.

if you got money, Tony's next to Rupp is top class. Plenty of breweries now all around the Rupp area. Otherwise, Mav is right, NOB is cheap middle class. We don't wine and dine. GYERO frat boys are the way to go

GOING TO A CONFERENCE IN ATLANTA BY MYSELF THIS WEEKEND AND I'M ALL LIKE...

UnsungRapidEelelephant.gif

I haven’t been, but casual bar food and be]reps sound like it could be a Malone’s type of place. The one off Harrodsburg road is pretty chill and you can get some good food if you like. I believe Billy Gillispie was a big fan, but they try not to think about that. I’m a chain kind of guy, but I wish I could help more.

Reactions: Kaizer Sosay
HEY ANY YALL GOT ANY ATLANTA RECS? I'M NOT JUST TALKING FOOD EITHER I'M TALKING PROSTITUTES, TITTY BARS, DRUGS, ETC... TIA WILDCAT FRIENDS.
Elliott Street Deli and Pub. Decent dive bar. Friendly crowd. Not far from the stadium. Went with Don last year.

Taco Mac on Peachtree near Ga Tech. About 1/2 mile from the MARTA station. 140 beers on tap. Good crowd.

At one time The Gold Club was the best but it was shut down for prostitution.
That was at least 15 years or more ago. Was propostioned by a dancer from Valley Station. Resturants......I like McCormick & Schmicks
I've got a $50 McCormick & Schmicks giftcard. Still have not used it yet. Barely covers first 2 drinks and appetizers.

<- -- -- -- noted cheap-ass, but still finds ways to hack the system. Just ask brother @Willy4UK .

Reactions: Kaizer Sosay
@AustinTXCat , i believe you said once you were a colon cancer survivor, right? been going through that the last several months. had 30 percent of the ole colon removed, and for the most part believed to be in a good spot all things considered. 39 years old with no history and no reason as to why. just curious to hear from some regarding this shit.

@AustinTXCat , i believe you said once you were a colon cancer survivor, right? been going through that the last several months. had 30 percent of the ole colon removed, and for the most part believed to be in a good spot all things considered. 39 years old with no history and no reason as to why. just curious to hear from some regarding this shit.
Damn. Hang in there, brother. Praying for you.

Reactions: AustinTXCat
Very sorry to hear it. I know you're going through hell. Seriously, I'm hoping for the best.

I was diagnosed with Stage 2B colon cancer in September, 2012 after over 48 hours of constant barfing and puking. The symptoms caused me to believe death was imminent. Doctors discovered cancer after 3 surgeries over a 36 hour period. They cut me open three times. Had a resection performed in the final operation. I believe doctors removed only 2-3 percent of my colon during an experimental surgical procedure.

Leading up to the surgery and cancer diagnosis, I often experienced severe middle-of -the-night leg cramps for about 2 years prior. I wrote it off to heavy physical activity in this Texas heat, as I cycle and hike/walk quite a bit. Turned out to be very wrong. I also survived 2 strokes in February, 2009.

At any rate, surgery resulted in 25 lb weight loss. I took my chances and declined chemo. Helluva risk, but have been declared cancer-free as of August, 2017 (five years).

Key for me was Stage 2B. Had it been Stage 3 or 4, then chemo seemed the only alternative. I was extremely lucky. I also had no family history of colon cancer, but was high-risk due to family history of lung cancer, my reckless high-fat diet, and heavy exposure to carcinogens while in the military + smoking.

Please stay positive and keep looking forward. Attitude is crucial New treatments are constantly coming available. Happy to discuss any time.

Last edited:

Keep fighting brother

So I’ve been going through some old home movies (conference getaway blew up at the last second. Don’t ask. Now I have to go to Cleveland in two weeks. GDMF Cleveland. Anyway.), and I found a clip of a young, pre-slowly-pitched-softball-crushing Mav trying to hit a curveball. Feel free to revel in my pitiful-ness ...

Damn, just saw this. Really sorry to hear man. Hang tough.

Reactions: Mashburned

Sorry man. Glad you're doing better, sounds like? All things considered...

ATX is inspirational with what he's been through.

Haha Mav, you can't hit a curveball and you're going to Cleveland. Lmao. The titties in Cleveland are shitty as hell. Sorry man.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT