ADVERTISEMENT

Mystery Eventual Grad transfer Already In The Works

EastCoastYoungCat

Sophomore
Gold Member
Apr 29, 2020
Yesterday was listening to The Sources Say Podcast, it’s personally not my #1 tool/resource to receive recruiting information but there is good stuff there more times than not.

That brings me to a point during the episode where Jack Pilgrim confirmed but could not give out any names/details that UK and a grad transfer for the following season are CURRENTLY in communication and the interest is mutual. Jack all but said this will be out and when it does become public knowledge, an upcoming commitment will already have legs.

He’s stated this guy is a serious piece to be able to bring off the bench, and will provide INSTANT offense. He all but said this guy is pretty much a grad transfer for next season and I take he’s suiting up for another program this year. Wonder who it may be?

Reactions: Fox2monk
Yesterday was listening to The Sources Say Podcast, it’s personally not my #1 tool/resource to receive recruiting information but there is good stuff there more times than not.

That brings me to a point during the episode where Jack Pilgrim confirmed but could not give out any names/details that UK and a grad transfer for the following season are CURRENTLY in communication and the interest is mutual. Jack all but said this will be out and when it does become public knowledge, an upcoming commitment will already have legs.

He’s stated this guy is a serious piece to be able to bring off the bench, and will provide INSTANT offense. He all but said this guy is pretty much a grad transfer for next season and I take he’s suiting up for another program this year. Wonder who it may be?
So for upcoming? Or 2021?

Beat me one minute colonel. ಠ_ಠ
avqILfJ.gif

I mean, that's not a big stretch by any means. We've gotten a grad transfer three years going now ~ Travis, Sestina, Mintz. Also, isn't it considered tampering to be talking to players on other teams' rosters?

Reactions: bigc45157
Count me as one that would be very excited about this kid. Basketball player! Skills and enough athleticism to hold his own defensively. Smart player and Savvy with the ball. Still growing into his body so the weight room will help him tremendously. Not enough size for the pros but Potentially a great college player. Can’t imagine him sitting on the pine but he must think Cal can get him to the next level with great training and practicing against 5 star athletes.

I doubt this is true. For one, it would be tampering and hasn’t Cal made a big deal about how he doesn’t like it but just sees it as a necessary evil with how today’s game is.
It’s not tampering if the player reaches out to the school first about a desire to play there in the future and the school never initiates any contact.

That’s just a whole can of worms that, whether true or not, can lead to tampering charges.
If you were a coach, what would you do when a player that could help your team calls and says, “hey I want to transfer to your team after this year?”

Would you really say “we can’t talk about this. It’s not against the rules but someone might misconstrue it” and hang up the phone? Really?

I doubt this is true. For one, it would be tampering and hasn’t Cal made a big deal about how he doesn’t like it but just sees it as a necessary evil with how today’s game is.
I think A K is just a rising JR at Belmont. I don't see ot happening.

I think A K is just a rising JR at Belmont. I don't see ot happening.

I guess it’s natural and okay to speculate but I think people just take things on this board when it comes to grad transfers and run with it like it’s the gospel truth.

Reactions: Col. Angus

I hope he already has legs. Those take forever to grow.

With Kunkel and Allen on the same team, you can go ahead and mail the 2022 NCAA tournament trophy to Lexington.

Assuming there's even NCAA basketball that far into the future of course.

I mean, that's not a big stretch by any means. We've gotten a grad transfer three years going now ~ Travis, Sestina, Mintz. Also, isn't it considered tampering to be talking to players on other teams' rosters?
That was the whole point of Pilgrim saying “screw it, Let’s talkabout it”

Reactions: Col. Angus
Fell in like with that kid first time I saw him. A lot of moxie. His Cooper team was playing a much much better Cov Cath team, and he didn't have a lot on his side - and battled hard. That said......he's probably 6'2, not super athletic. Not a shooter (can shoot, but he's not a shooter, if that makes sense). Not sure how much clock he'd get here.

All that aside, agree with the earlier poster - this would smell of tampering, and you can't keep something like that quiet. It would out. I don't think Cal would do it.

With that said......he's probably 6'2, not super athletic. Not a shooter (can shoot, but he's not a shooter, if that makes sense). Not sure how much clock he'd get here.

he averaged 17 points and shot 39% from 3 as a sophomore at Belmont. Not a lot to dislike there.

I’d guess he’d come off the bench all things considered with how Cal recruits, but he’s really damn good and evidence from freshman to sophomore year shows he’s only getting better.

Unless he contacted Kentucky and then I take it would be fine. Looks like the Colonel has already made this point, lol.

If Cal wants him, he sits this season with Toppin and has two seasons left.

Just wonder if Cal wants him. The KSR article sounded like Cal only wanted him as a GT.

A pro? Dont know about all that
You score 17 a game and shoot nearly 40% from 3 at any D1 school in the country and you’re probably good enough to play pro ball.

For ****’s sake... Dominique Hawkins has been playing pro ball since he left UK. Player of the Year in any small conference often plays 10+ years overseas and makes hundreds of thousands of dollars.

A buddy of mine scored 3 points a game his entire career at Bowling Green here in OH and has been playing pro ball overseas and in Canada for 5 years now. [roll]

He’s a definite pro.

Reactions: kyups01
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT