ADVERTISEMENT

This is the end, right?

You guys are forgetting Cals' main mission. Win a few games and get guys in the NBA.

Depends on post-season, but I'd still wager to say he'll be next year if I was betting
Right now I don't think we will make the tournament. There's a really tough road ahead. We will be on the verge of dropping out of the top 25 next week. I expect before it's over, we will be part of the bubble talk. It will take a major turnaround to keep that from happening.

Right now I don't think we will make the tournament. There's a really tough road ahead. We will be on the verge of dropping out of the top 25 next week. I expect before it's over, we will be part of the bubble talk. It will take a major turnaround to keep that from happening.
I’m gonna let the season playout before I believe we are a bubble team, but Calipari has a 34 million dollar buyout. He’s not gonna be fired. He just not

The money he’s going to get, he will get whether he’s here or sitting home playing with his mutt. Get over that part. That’s not costing anybody a dime. Relieve him of his duties, he’s not doing them anyways. It’s simple, fire him and move on. These artificial barriers with the money are just smoke. That money was gone thru day they signed his sorry ass. The program is bigger than any one person. Especially one that fails like him.

Reactions: Big Blue in 502
it’s time. I’m 50/50 on if I’d want him back if we won the title this year. It’s that bad.
I’ve wanted him gone for 2 years. I know some have felt that way much longer.

Best scenario for everyone would be a deep run followed by Cal bowing out.

Reactions: CrimsonCats
To those who have interpreted "they won't fire him" as "they shouldn't fire him", I'd just like to say those phrases don't mean the same thing. Those of us who have been around 6 or more decades have seen all this before in various sports. The UK administration always comes around to what the fans want but it's always after a several year lag(timidity appears to be a job requirement). Of course he could be fired but it will likely take missing the tourney this year and a losing record next year or something along those lines.

I mean the season will play out but this is the official point where Cal’s failures and mishandling of this program result in a change. He’s not returning as UKs coach next year.
No, not the end. You are confusing the on court results with the terms of his contract.

It’s a “won’t” situation, it’s. a “can’t"

Few more years to go until buy out becomes manageable. We’re just not sure of the $ number at this point.

Reactions: ukfan1622
Afraid this is just the beginning unfortunately. Cal will burn it down until they pay the buyout.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT