ADVERTISEMENT

The best WVU transfer UK has gotten

Oscar may be the best rebounder we will see ever, but Tre’s game is complete. He can post up, hit the three, defend almost anyone if needed. Definitely the better of the two and I love Oscar.

Mitchell is better offensively.

His defense is no better than Oscar’s.

And Mitchell doesn’t rebound.

Oscar would be better for this team as it currently sits.

We were out rebounded again last night.

Reed has been the best player. Tre has been the most valuable player. He does well enough on the interior defensively and on offense he's a good passer because he makes the right decision with the ball out at the top and he's capable enough of a shooter to keep the defense honest. WIthout any size on the interior he has been invaluable for us.

Haha, not everything has to a be a superlative. We got threads about this guy is our best player, this guy is our most important player.

This works so well because we have a lot of good players on 1 team.

Reactions: Wonky and dl51344
For once we agr

For once, you and I agree. It’s a Christmas miracle

Oscar would not be better for this team…… how would this team be if they didn’t play five out? Oscar would clog the lane and Cal would play through him, it would be the same boring offense of the past two seasons

Mitchell is a big help offensively. His D and rebounding aren't great. As good as we were as a team last night, he still got abused inside by the kid that fouled out. This is not a complaint as if he was a lockdown defender he would be in the league already. He's too good on offense not to be.

Last edited:
Better player or better player for this style and this team???? Oscar is far and away the better player. Oscar performed outstanding in both tourney losses and can’t be blamed for the lackluster performances by his teammates. My only complaint with Oscar is how it seemed he had glue on his hands sometimes and would hesitate to kick the ball out when he needed to.

Tre is better for this team tho and especially when we get a 7 footer back. Tre actually guards the pick and roll pretty good, at least he has when I paid attention to it.

I live around a lot of WVU fans and have a few friends who are WVU fans. I thanked them for both Oscar and Tre.. lol Both have been huge for us!!

Last year’s team had more holes than Swiss cheese. As good as Tre is he is a complimentary player, he would not have been able to put that team on his back and carry it. This year’s team has a lot of talent and Oscar would have been able to fill a role, rebounding and garbage points.

WVU has become a great feeder school for UK. I liked Oscar, but I wouldn’t replace him with Mitchell this year.

Reactions: lazycat75
Last year’s team had more holes than Swiss cheese. As good as Tre is he is a complimentary player, he would not have been able to put that team on his back and carry it. This year’s team has a lot of talent and Oscar would have been able to fill a role, rebounding and garbage points.
But the offense would not be where it is if UK still had Oscar at the five. Oscar was a great rebounder and decent scorer but clogging the lane and playing through him just would not work with this team. This team spaces and Cal is finally able to run a modern offense through Tre.

But the offense would not be where it is if UK still had Oscar at the five. Oscar was a great rebounder and decent scorer but clogging the lane and playing through him just would not work with this team. This team spaces and Cal is finally able to run a modern offense through Tre. This year’s team would be better with Oscar than last year’s with Tre.

This might rub people wrong but Tre is the best WVU transfer Kentucky has gotten. Oscar did great things but the way this team plays and the leadership Tre brings in my opinion is better than the teams with Oscar…..
Absolutely agree. Best UK ever gave West Virginia was Jimmy Jarrell

I don't know if I'd even compare the 2 players like that. Here's what I'll say- Tre Mitchell is a better fit for this particular team, and perfect for the new 4-out approach. That center needs to be able to knock down (or at least be a legit threat to) that 3 when he pops out. Tre has been a perfect fit.

This might rub people wrong but Tre is the best WVU transfer Kentucky has gotten. Oscar did great things but the way this team plays and the leadership Tre brings in my opinion is better than the teams with Oscar…..
No offense, but no way. Oscar had a generational talent. I love Tre, but he ain't Oscar. As a matter of fact, if Tre wasn't here we would still be doing the things we are doing. He is an excellent role player but he doesn't drive us. Also in a couple of weeks he will see his minutes decrease a lot most likely. Oscar had to carry his teams on his back. Poor roster construction really did a disservice to oscar. That's regretful

• Haha
You don't just replace the NPOY with another guy who has his own shortcomings. I swear, the lack of love Oscar gets from this fanbase is totally baffling. I for one, shudder to think what the last couple of years would have been like without him.

Reactions: crestcat
I love Oscar, but Tre is the better fit for THIS team. Oscar is better, but he's not a good, nor willing passer. Tre sees the floor well, has a better IQ and will make the extra pass. How often did Oscar successfully pass the ball once the defense collapsed?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT