ADVERTISEMENT

Mitchell out against the Zags

LXWildcat

Sophomore
Nov 25, 2023
Looks like he will be out another game, Wagner could make a return Saturday but not 100% on that actually happening

Reactions: Fox2monk
Wagner not sure what's going on but a couple of times he was standing up trying to high five teammates and they turned the other way could be nothing

• Haha
Reactions: CELTICAT
If that is the case...good! Give me Z and Burks at the 4, Ugo and Bradshaw at the 5.

Mitchell, when he does return, should play no more then 5-10 min.

All he has is the ability to hit pick and pop 3s. If he isn't hitting, he provides nothing of value. He sucks defensively, lacks physicality, and is constantly slow/late on help.

If that is the case...good! Give me Z and Burks at the 4, Ugo and Bradshaw at the 5.

All he has is the ability to hit pick and pop 3s. If he isn't hitting, he provides nothing of value. He sucks defensively, lacks physicality, and is constantly slow/late on help.
That's crazy without him our record would be worse

Michell should play about 25 minutes a game when healthy. He was one our best players for many games. I agree his defense and rebounding aren’t great though.

This is a terrible take. He's had a couple bad games in a row, but I'd venture to say that he's been our most important player for half of our games.

I think Cal needs to play this lineup

Rob
Reed
Reeves
Justin
Big Z or Bradshaw

Put Justin at the 4 like he did last night, it worked so why change it? Plus you have 3 guards who can score at a high level along with a big that can knock down the outside shot

This is a terrible take. He's had a couple bad games in a row, but I'd venture to say that he's been our most important player for half of our games.
Not in the slightest. Mitchell has one thing he can do...pick and pop from 3. He does nothing else, at all. His screens suck, he is slow, he is out of position, is late constantly on defense, and has no physicality.

Give me Z and Burks for the rest of the year at the 4. They both have more untapped talent then Mitchell, a fifth yr player could ever have. UK reaches their potential with Z and Burks getting minutes, not with Tre.

Not in the slightest. Mitchell has one thing he can do...pick and pop from 3. He does nothing else, at all. His screens suck, he is slow, he is out of position, is late constantly on defense, and has no physicality.

Give me Z and Burks for the rest of the year at the 4. They both have more untapped talent then Mitchell, a fifth yr player could ever have. UK reaches their potential with Z and Burks getting minutes, not with Tre.
He has been one of the best passers on the team and rebounders

You're too harsh on a player who kept things from going completely to hell down low while we waited for our bigs to heal/get eligible. Dude's a damned good facilitator from either post position, too. Big reason the team got off to such a great start this year on offense w/ sharing the ball.

Burks had a good game against an inferior team. Lets not make him the best 4 we have. If anyone other than Mitchell should start at the 4 it is Adou. Big Z cannot start at the 4 (due to his horrible fouling tendency). He starts and will sit after 3 minutes till the 2nd half. Bring him off the bench at the 4 or 5.

Reed / Reeves / Dilly / Wagner should play the 1-3 with (Adou, Burks and Edwards as back up at the 3). 4 should be Adou (till mitchell is back) then Mitchell and Adou with Big Z. 5 should be UGO/Bradshaw with Big Z if both are in foul trouble.

burks should not get more than 10 minutes a game in back up roll only.

I agree with the poster before, this is a terrible take. So let me spell it out for you, since you think he can only pick and pop...

Scoring 12 points per game, dishing out 3 assists per game, shoots 50% from the field, he just had a double-double against Arkansas...
He has 4 double-doubles on the season, 6 games with double digit rebounds.
He has 9 games with 4 or more assists,
He has 13 games where he's attempt 5 or more 2-pt FG attempts (and finished at over 60%), so so much for pick and pop..
He's the best leader we have on the floor. He guards multiple positions.

Mitchell was playing very well and was one of the darlings of this board earlier this year, now some are saying he is trash.

Apparently, if you get injured and try to play through the injury and you don’t play well, you go from being the glue that holds the team together to trash, just like that.

Let’s wait and see how he plays once he is back to 100% (if he ever is) before we pronounce the death sentence on his UK career.

BTW, I do believe I said early in the season that if Cal kept playing Mitchell so many minutes, he would get injured. It was inevitable. Wear and tear. It takes its toll on a player.

You just can’t play a kid 35-40 minutes a game every game and expect them to stay healthy.

We’ve got to get Wagner back or Sheppard or Dillingham will be the next to go down. Wait and see.

These guys are good teammates and there isn’t friction among the players. Unless Bradshaw was caught kissing the UT player and someone is jealous. 😂

• Haha
Reactions: Mike-McD
I agree with the poster before, this is a terrible take. So let me spell it out for you, since you think he can only pick and pop...

Scoring 12 points per game, dishing out 3 assists per game, shoots 50% from the field, he just had a double-double against Arkansas...
He has 4 double-doubles on the season, 6 games with double digit rebounds.
He has 9 games with 4 or more assists,
He has 13 games where he's attempt 5 or more 2-pt FG attempts (and finished at over 60%), so so much for pick and pop..
He's the best leader we have on the floor. He guards multiple positions.
You ride with Mitchell, I choose to ride with Z and Burks. There is nothing, at all, remotely special about those stats when Tre is playing as many minutes as he has.

There is not one reason he shouldn't be averaging double digit rebs with all the minutes he averages...aside from the fact that he is slow, defensively lazy, doesn't box out, and refuses to be physical.

• Haha
Reactions: shodaman
The point is Mitchell brings nothing else to the table if he isn't hitting from the outside....absolutely nothing.

Give me Z and Burks at the 4 until the season ends. They will be our best bet...not Tre.
He's the best rebounder on the team. He also has the best low post game.

So yeah, he brings some other things besides pick-and-pop threes.

He's the best rebounder on the team. He also has the best low post game.

So yeah, he brings some other things besides pick-and-pop threes.
No, he doesn't...the guy averages 34 min a game, has been the biggest guy on our team that was on the court since our three 7 footers have been out for a good portion of the season...and has only averaged 7 rebs a game.

You think that is good?? Give me a break.

The point is Mitchell brings nothing else to the table if he isn't hitting from the outside....absolutely nothing.

Give me Z and Burks at the 4 until the season ends. They will be our best bet...not Tre.
Like all three, but if TM can't go, I now trust Burks and Z to get the job done.

Mitchell was playing very well and was one of the darlings of this board earlier this year, now some are saying he is trash.

Apparently, if you get injured and try to play through the injury and you don’t play well, you go from being the glue that holds the team together to trash, just like that.

Let’s wait and see how he plays once he is back to 100% (if he ever is) before we pronounce the death sentence on his UK career.

BTW, I do believe I said early in the season that if Cal kept playing Mitchell so many minutes, he would get injured. It was inevitable. Wear and tear. It takes its toll on a player.

You just can’t play a kid 35-40 minutes a game every game and expect them to stay healthy.

We’ve got to get Wagner back or Sheppard or Dillingham will be the next to go down. Wait and see.
Yep, Mitchell back AT 100% is a key piece. He can sit as long as he needs to in order to get to 100%. (Same for Wagner for that matter.)

Reactions: KFuqua and crestcat
Love Mitchell on offense but he's a Matador on defense. Team actually looked a lot better interior defense last game. Granted tslent of who we played likely effected that but did look better on D regardless.

Reactions: RunninRichie
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT