ADVERTISEMENT

Adou - Please stick around

CincyUKFan

Senior
Dec 1, 2009
Bangkok, Thailand
I'm not sure if players hop on this board. If so, we're begging you, whether Cal is back or not, return to UK next year. Cal didn't value you. But we know you outperformed Livingston, Edwards, and Tre Mitchell but for whatever reason Cal buried you. Come back and be the dude you were against Kansas, night in and night out. Demand 30mpg if Cal is back. Any other coach will naturally give you 30mpg.

He would be a nice piece to have and need to start retaining more players to be upperclassmen with experience in this program.

I'm not sure if players hop on this board. If so, we're begging you, whether Cal is back or not, return to UK next year. Cal didn't value you. But we know you outperformed Livingston, Edwards, and Tre Mitchell but for whatever reason Cal buried you. Come back and be the dude you were against Kansas, night in and night out. Demand 30mpg if Cal is back. Any other coach will naturally give you 30mpg.
Get adou back, and get Scott drew(that’s who the next coach will be) and let’s ride

Reactions: NociHTTP
I hope he comes back, but he’s not as great as you make him out to me.
Livingston still on a roster? Want to wager Adou will stick in the league and Edwards will not? Injuries set Adou back, but Cal didn't help by playing him short stretches. 31 minutes against KU and he was one of the best ballers on the court. He needs minutes. He needs to be allowed to play through mistakes.

I like his effort, but he plays under the rim, can't finish on layups and dunks. Not good on defense.

Livingston still on a roster? Want to wager Adou will stick in the league and Edwards will not? Injuries set Adou back, but Cal didn't help by playing him short stretches. 31 minutes against KU and he was one of the best ballers on the court. He needs minutes. He needs to be allowed to play through mistakes.
He is way limited offensively, but I do think he has upside and could improve enough to be a fringe player in the NBA.

I want Adou back. I think he’s a good player who will get better. Not every player is John Wall or Demarcus Cousins and come in and be a superstar. Some of them need time. I also want Wagner and Edwards back. They’ll both be bounced from the league very soon if they try to go this year and they both could improve tremendously under a coach that actually cares about their futures.

Reed wasn’t ready for the post season. Reeves wasn’t ready last year and look how well he did this year. Unfortunately, we’ll never get to see Reed in a UK uniform again and I’m not sure how much patience the nba is going to have for a 6’3 white boy from Kentucky with average to below average athleticism. I understand that he feels the need to go now for the short term reward of the first contract, but he would also benefit from coming back and maturing in a program that cares about him. The rest I want back as well. Not enough room with the guys Cal has coming in. But I’ll always take guys back. It’s when they leave prematurely that upsets me.

The last guy I wrote off was Nick Richards. And I did it every year until he finally blew up for us. I won’t ever write a guy off again.

Reactions: shaudyshaud
Love Adou. I think he needs to slim down some. He looks slow with the ball and only explodes when he’s directly under the basket and doesn’t have to make a move.

with average to below average athleticism.
Disagree strongly on this point. Reed lacks lateral quickness, but he is a pretty damn good athlete. "Average" athletes don't get the blocks and steals he does. He's also shown the ability to get to the rim. Reed's biggest drawback is he is too unselfish at times.

Reactions: shaudyshaud
I don’t disagree. I’m just saying if anyone thinks Adou would stick around if Cal left they are mistaken

I'm not sure if that's a given. Some of these guys can't be thrilled with Cal. Who is to say if we didn't get someone like Scott Drew.. or he'll, what if it's Hurley.. that these guys wouldn't prefer to stick around.

Opposing coaches have to like what this roster *could* be if they keep some guys around (DJ, Adou, Shep, Bradshaw, etc).

Well we know DJ, Edwards and Dilly are going to the NBA, I assume Reed may go, Mitchel and Reeves graduated, I hear Bradshaw is transferring, I am willing to bet Big Z tries the NBA, so what does that leave, I assume one or two left will go the transfer portal as well, and UK will be right back to an entirely new team based around freshmen when this game has changed to 3 and 4 year mature grown men who will push the Cat's around just like this year.

Disagree strongly on this point. Reed lacks lateral quickness, but he is a pretty damn good athlete. "Average" athletes don't get the blocks and steals he does. He's also shown the ability to get to the rim. Reed's biggest drawback is he is too unselfish at times.
When I say he has below average athleticism I am comparing him to the average nba athlete. And his below average when compared to nba athletes.

He posses above average athleticism when compared to the general population. Far greater.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT