ADVERTISEMENT

Mississippi State Loses at Texas A&M

KA4Prez

All-American
Dec 8, 2003
Columbus, OH
NET drops from 33 to 39. The odds of this becoming a QUAD 1 win (the home one) has gone up in smoke. MSU really has blown their NCAA Tourney chances with three straight losses. They desperately need a win at home against South Carolina.

Reactions: howercat and Mike-D
This didn't come as a shock to me, SEC teams are just beating up on each other. I think MSU may beat SC.

Reactions: howercat
Kentucky's hopes this March won't come down to their seed line. It will come down to whether or not they are focused each game or not.

There won't be a single team this March that has more talent than Kentucky. All the scrutiny about seed lines, NET, and potential opponents simply doesn't matter as much when you have this type of talent.

Kentucky's hopes this March won't come down to their seed line. It will come down to whether or not they are focused each game or not.

There won't be a single team this March that has more talent than Kentucky. All the scrutiny about seed lines, NET, and potential opponents simply doesn't matter as much when you have this type of talent.

Sure, but a 4-seed vs a 3-seed, is a big deal. That's likely avoiding one of the top 2-3 teams in the nation until the Elite 8, rather than in the Sweet 16.

2/15 and 3/14 upsets are FAR less likely than 4/13 and 5/12 upsets.

It doesn't really matter what seed we are. Eventually, we'll run into a buzz saw defense. Gotta show up however soon or late that happens.

That’s my worry. If the guys are focused, they look like a different team.

If not it looks like the first half of Vandy.

Sure, but a 4-seed vs a 3-seed, is a big deal. That's likely avoiding one of the top 2-3 teams in the nation until the Elite 8, rather than in the Sweet 16.

2/15 and 3/14 upsets are FAR less likely than 4/13 and 5/12 upsets.

It also gives more games for the 1 seed to get upset.

I'm surprised the committee won't rig it so UNC is the 2 and we are the 3. If we win at UT that's in play.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT