ADVERTISEMENT

Mingione contract extension?

maysvilleky

All-American
Aug 13, 2003
I saw on UK’s website that Barnhart gave NM a contract extension thru 2028. The article didn’t have any contract details. Just a lot of fluff to make it look like it was well earned. I admit last year was fun, but was it a 1 year anomaly? Couldn’t Barnhart wait to see if Mingione could put together solid back to back seasons?

It was a pretty big change. Makes him paid very well and I believe they took out the buyout clause. So if they let him go early they owe the whole amount. Personally, Id have waited one more season. Think this could be another strong one with the core returning.

It was a pretty big change. Makes him paid very well and I believe they took out the buyout clause. So if they let him go early they owe the whole amount. Personally, Id have waited one more season. Think this could be another strong one with the core returning.
Why do it? He wasn’t going anywhere this year. And if he had another strong year then there would be a lot more support for the extension.

Why do it? He wasn’t going anywhere this year. And if he had another strong year then there would be a lot more support for the extension.

Arguably to ensure there is a vote of confidence for recruiting purposes.

1) Recruiting.
2 ) Recruiting.
3 ) He has the only two NCAA Regional titles in 100 years of school history, in just 7 years.
4 ) Recruiting.
5 ) Recruiting.

Coaches who can't tell recruits and their families they're locked in contractually for the duration of the time they'd be in school don't typically fare well. And if you don't think other schools use that against a coach you haven't been following college athletics.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT