ADVERTISEMENT

Matt just said…

Every effort will be exhausted to bring Dan Hurley to UK because he is the boosters choice. So if we end up with Scott Drew, it will be because Hurley just doesn’t want to leave UConn, not because Mitch didn’t do all he could to bring him here.
Well, one big booster who's last name rhymes with Flaft is currently flying Drew to LEX on his private jet, literally as we speak. It's in flight and should be landing within the next 30 minutes. Hoard of media people at LEX now.

Well, one big booster who's last name rhymes with Flaft is currently flying Drew to LEX on his private jet, literally as we speak. It's in flight and should be landing within the next 30 minutes. Hoard of media people at LEX now.
Well if it is Drew, I stand by my statement.

Matt jones is cucking for barney and supporting Drew to get back in good graces. Jones is establishment although he pretends not to be. He should be dogging this pick like Clay Travis did for Schiano..... but we don't have a real personality on the fans side... it is all controlled
Who did you want that was realistic? Hurley and donavon were both unrealistic choices.

if two offers were sent and whoever accepted first is it, that is the most BS thing ... We need to get a yes or no from Hurley first, a couple days isn't going to kill us. And i'm on the team if hurley says No we wait 2 weeks for BIlly D to say no and I don't think he would. I'm fine with having a rough first year because we were behind on transfer portal if it means having Billy Donovan.

I mean a week ago we thought we were having Cal for 3 more years because Mitch wouldn't fire him, that's 3 more years of mediocre teams.

Reactions: BigTyrone
I hope he says no then. Lots of reasons to say no, and Drew doesn't seem like the selfish type.
Then we are going to be in bad shape if he says no when all of our other top guys don’t want it or we can’t do it cause if the buyout.

Do we really want someone like Shaka Smart or Sean Miller or the Iowa State coach ?

Reactions: catben
Every effort will be exhausted to bring Dan Hurley to UK because he is the boosters choice. So if we end up with Scott Drew, it will be because Hurley just doesn’t want to leave UConn, not because Mitch didn’t do all he could to bring him here.
For everyone's sake I hope this is true.

He's burned Mitch before. He said he wanted the job then backed out. Timing with him isn't great either with the NBA playoffs starting next week. Can he afford to wait maybe several weeks for Donovan to maybe say no again. Agree he'd be a great hire, but I think UK and Mitch feel like they need to act fairly quickly to build a roster.

Well I don’t see
The issue with donavon is you have to wait it out awhile and it’s a massive gamble
We were going to suck next year anyway (by our standards), so I don't really care if we write off next year. I'm thinking about the best long term hire for us, and that's Donovan IMO.

I'm fine with Drew ONLY after Hurley explicitly says no. This absurd whoever says yes first gets it is just now how these things work. I fully believe anyone that's reporting this to be the case is just full of shit.

These are INTERVIEWS. Then UK will make the offer. If Drew is the only one that interviews, and he wants the job and can convince his family to relocate (uprooting his son in high school and leaving behind two daughters at Baylor, while dragging his non-public wife with him), then it's his.

If Hurley also interviews and wants the job, UK will take Hurley, assuming the interview goes well and Hurley doesn't come across as some asshat arrogant punk from NJ or plant seeds about wanting to go NBA someday soon.

I don't get all of the clamoring for Billy Donovan. He has been out of the college game too long. It has changed too much. Probably lost touch with all of the recruiting contacts he had.
Drew is from a coaching family. It is in his blood, much like Hurley. He beat ccc 2 out 0f 3 times during ccc's better days. He is a good x & o guy and isn't afraid to make adjustments. Personally, I would have preferred Pearl due to his style of play. He also seems like a pretty good coach and recruits well.

Reactions: KyLegacy
I don't get all of the clamoring for Billy Donovan. He has been out of the college game too long. It has changed too much. Probably lost touch with all of the recruiting contacts he had.
Drew is from a coaching family. It is in his blood, much like Hurley. He beat ccc 2 out 0f 3 times during ccc's better days. He is a good x & o guy and isn't afraid to make adjustments. Personally, I would have preferred Pearl due to his style of play. He also seems like a pretty good coach and recruits well.
Much better option than Drew... this Is an example of pure nepotism.

No one I know or personally talk to wants this guy, I just don't get the fake hype from ksr. This is not an exciting hire.

No one I know or personally talk to wants this guy, I just don't get the fake hype from ksr. This is not an exciting hire.
Well don't know who you are talking to to but I know there are alot of people pumped about this. There are recruits excited about it, the admin is excited about it. Sit back and watch!

Reactions: TOMCATS1990
Matt jones is cucking for barney and supporting Drew to get back in good graces. Jones is establishment although he pretends not to be. He should be dogging this pick like Clay Travis did for Schiano..... but we don't have a real personality on the fans side... it is all controlled
Spot on. Jones will always have an agenda that doesn't necessarily align with the fans.

Reactions: R.O.T.Muckinfush
I hope he says no then. Lots of reasons to say no, and Drew doesn't seem like the selfish type.

Posted same last night after reading through the Baylor message boards.

People need to understand this a very conservative Christian family who’s program is Christ centered and led by “Joy, Jesus, Others, and Yourself”

As a believer myself, I have no issue with any of this. I just don’t think it’s going to fly here with 10 loss seasons to go along with.

He said that after I posted. Prior to the last break he said he thinks they will take the first guy to accept it.
Of course you take the first guy that accepts, but doesn't mean you make more than one offer at a time.

So has this job been posted on the UK site and doesn't it have to be posted like a week or ten days before a hire is made per KY state law?

So has this job been posted on the UK site and doesn't it have to be posted like a week or ten days before a hire is made per KY state law?
This is actually a good question. They will only post the job opening after they have decided on a hire. It has to be posted legally. But will only be posted after a choice is actually made and agreed upon.

… that he believes the first guy between Hurley and Drew to accept the job offer will have it.

If that’s true, I’m disappointed. You have to make Hurley say no before you extend an offer to Drew. Just have to.
I want to know about the candidate between Hurley and Drew.

I'm fine with Drew ONLY after Hurley explicitly says no. This absurd whoever says yes first gets it is just now how these things work. I fully believe anyone that's reporting this to be the case is just full of shit.

These are INTERVIEWS. Then UK will make the offer. If Drew is the only one that interviews, and he wants the job and can convince his family to relocate (uprooting his son in high school and leaving behind two daughters at Baylor, while dragging his non-public wife with him), then it's his.

If Hurley also interviews and wants the job, UK will take Hurley, assuming the interview goes well and Hurley doesn't come across as some asshat arrogant punk from NJ or plant seeds about wanting to go NBA someday soon.

I will be honest, in my work, I have often advised people who do the kind of work I do to NOT move with kids in HS. It doesn't go well much of the time.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT