ADVERTISEMENT

Matt just said…

You (and Matt) don’t think Mitch is just waiting next to a phone for the first call to come in, do you? This isn’t The Amazing Race. UK can do all kinds of things to massage information to make it appear they got who they (always) wanted.

Reactions: KYExtemper
… that he believes the first guy between Hurley and Drew to accept the job offer will have it.

If that’s true, I’m disappointed. You have to make Hurley say no before you extend an offer to Drew. Just have to.
He just said "If you got Scott Drew, it's because you didn't get Hurley."

Reactions: TM2013 and catben
He just said "If you got Scott Drew, it's because you didn't get Hurley."

He said that after I posted. Prior to the last break he said he thinks they will take the first guy to accept it.

Im listening too and I did not hear that. Might have missed it I guess. He has said multiple times he thinks UK is throwing the bank at Hurley today.

I'll be very disappointed if we didn't offer Billy D before deciding on Drew.
He's burned Mitch before. He said he wanted the job then backed out. Timing with him isn't great either with the NBA playoffs starting next week. Can he afford to wait maybe several weeks for Donovan to maybe say no again. Agree he'd be a great hire, but I think UK and Mitch feel like they need to act fairly quickly to build a roster.

He's burned Mitch before. He said he wanted the job then backed out. Timing with him isn't great either with the NBA playoffs starting next week. Can he afford to wait maybe several weeks for Donovan to maybe say no again. Agree he'd be a great hire, but I think UK and Mitch feel like they need to act fairly quickly to build a roster.
Bullshit, you won't have to wait several weeks. It's obvious Mitch is giving preferential treatment to his buddy and isn't even going to reach out to Donavan. The whole machine is behind it too covering for Mitch.

Bullshit, you won't have to wait several weeks. It's obvious Mitch is giving preferential treatment to his buddy and isn't even going to reach out to Donavan.
Thanks for the update. 1) Mitch and Drew are not buddies, this false narrative that keeps being pushed is hilarious to me, 2) you should let the media and everyone else know that Mitch isn't going to reach out to Billy D since you are in the loop on this

… that he believes the first guy between Hurley and Drew to accept the job offer will have it.

If that’s true, I’m disappointed. You have to make Hurley say no before you extend an offer to Drew. Just have to.
LOL at thinking that’s how business is done.

Matt understandably seems to be offering a lot of time to speculating about the coaches he believes are UK’s top two picks. Maybe he should be talking more about the third pick (who may be THE pick).

Reactions: ok-cats-computer
So none of these coaches wives or family want to move to Lexington????

This place is WAAAAAAYYYYY better than Waco and Storrs!!!!!
Nearly every coach has wives, kids, etc...I don't buy any of that as being a reason why Drew (or anyone else) doesn't accept a job.

Mitch has got a lot of questions to answer once this is all over and he should be accountable for every single one.
Hopefully our fake journos will grow a pair and ask the tough questions and stop worrying about their shitty inside sources getting their feelings hirt

Bullshit, you won't have to wait several weeks. It's obvious Mitch is giving preferential treatment to his buddy and isn't even going to reach out to Donavan. The whole machine is behind it too covering for Mitch.
Billy is NOT going to leave Chicago until they are eliminated from the playoffs. They have a Play-In game one week from today. If they win they will play in another series, that puts it off for at least 2 more weeks.

So, YES, it could be “several weeks” until he could come to Lexington. That is a HUGE problem in this day and age of the transfer portal.

Matt jones is cucking for barney and supporting Drew to get back in good graces. Jones is establishment although he pretends not to be. He should be dogging this pick like Clay Travis did for Schiano..... but we don't have a real personality on the fans side... it is all controlled

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT