ADVERTISEMENT

Matt Jones is right about one thing

He’s absolutely right. It’s March or bust. It’s been that way all year…but now it has to happen. I hope Cal does the right thing and resign if he can’t fix this.
Too much $$$$ still on the table. He clearly has no respect for the tradition, program or fans. It is all about big bucks for himself and 2 or 3 draft picks each year.

I wouldn't be so sure - wherever he would leave for is going to pay him, and pay him very very well. I also wouldn't underestimate his desire to "stick it to Kentucky" by leaving (if it's for a different college team) and beating Kentucky, on the court and with recruiting. I'm sure he'd loooooooove to show a certain segment of BBN what's what

Could a poor March and a fanbase/booster revolt drive him to the NBA? Very possible, but I have my doubts with how many NBA teams want to hire a failed, short-stint former pro coach at Cal's age. No shortage of professional coaches looking for jobs/promotions.
His value as an NBA or major college coach has crashed and burned....nobody going to match his UK contract so get use to losing.

Don't worry Cals mind was made up to leave after this season regardless of what happens.....
Last year.
I think he's almost guaranteed to leave minus a final four birth.
We do have the number one point guard and the number one power forward committed so Making the final four but not winning, I think he comes back. Anything else including winning the championship, he's gone fishing.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT