ADVERTISEMENT

Colin Cowherd is on the radio right now

Fox2monk

All-American
Jan 23, 2017
Louisville, KY
He just called Calipari a grifter. Totally shredding him. Talking about no Cal this game doesn’t define their season, it defines you. He is just a salesman nothing more, he said imagine Alabama’s football coach saying it doesn’t matter winning games at Bama. Just a pit stop to the NBA and nothing more. I love it! Keep up the pressure.

He just called Calipari a grifter. Totally shredding him. Talking about no Cal this game doesn’t define their season, it defines you. He is just a salesman nothing more, he said imagine Alabama’s football coach saying it doesn’t matter winning games at Bama. Just a pit stop to the NBA and nothing more. I love it! Keep up the pressure.
Just watched him on FS1...he went off on Calipari for 7 minutes...I am not a fan of Cowherd but everything he said was spot on

Well I agree, Cal is a horrible bench coach, it is obvious from our defense is a horrible practice coach, because we made the same mistakes last night that we made back in December. No improvement which tells me he made no effort to fix those problems all season long. Cal is an ego that is so big, the state of Texas is not big enough to hold his ego. He blames the players when they lose which I totally hate considering the man make 8 million plus a season. I am done with this ego none coaching fool.

qodEFqG.png

Just watched him on FS1...he went off on Calipari for 7 minutes...I am not a fan of Cowherd but everything he said was spot on
He was 100% right, he said Kentucky is a time share now. It doesn’t feel like a program because of the turn style of players. That Cal is only a salesman, not a coach. That Kentucky deserves a coach who cares about winning here and he’s absolutely right. He said stop hiding behind the kids, they will be millionaires and could have went anywhere. They didn’t need you to get rich.

Cowherd is one of the best in the business and has been for a while.

A lot of people on here, and across most fan bases, sports in general don't like him because he doesn't cow tow, kiss ass, or sugar coat.

He praises when there's praise to be given and he will absolutely light someone up like a Christmas tree if necessary...

Cowherd is the type of guy you go to for tough medicine. He's not a yes man so to speak.

A lot of people on here, and across most fan bases, sports in general don't like him because he doesn't cow tow, kiss ass, or sugar coat.

He praises when there's praise to be given and he will absolutely light someone up like a Christmas tree if necessary...

Cowherd is the type of guy you go to for tough medicine. He's not a yes man so to speak.
He's one of the worst sports talk hosts to ever keep a job. Even his co-host over and over and over says "what?" at his dumb takes.

And yet good ol' Seth Greenburg was defending him. Sickening.

Jones was talking today about how EVERYONE and I mean EVERYONE who has doubted or criticized Cal has been ostracized. It's about to be a "bloody" offseason.
Cal is entrenched. The media is entrenched. And the fans are caught in No Man's Land.

He's one of the worst sports talk hosts to ever keep a job. Even his co-host over and over and over says "what?" at his dumb takes.

Nobody is going to have great, perfectly articulate, 100% factual takes every time.

He's one of the few who will actually own up to being wrong, explain why, and accept something else based on whatever the information is. He has actual planned/blocked segments on it.

He also has great guests who are more knowledgeable than he is.

The other day he was mocking Joe Rogan and Aaron Rodgers and said "there's a time and a place for everything".

Yeah you POS, a sports talk show is not the time and place for your political beliefs. Total hypocrite. That's when I tuned him out forever.

But this is not my thread so I'll exit.

I like Rogan and Rodgers a lot. Both very interesting guys with interesting takes on things. Some great, some not so great. That's okay, like CC, they won't have home run opinions/beliefs all the time.

They're both most likely closer to Colin on a lot of things. One is a Cal Berkely kid, and the other is a self-proclaimed dope smoking Bernie Bro. Both are from coastal liberal utopias. Both mock people.

All those guys are yes men and ass kissers. He fabricates his “edge” to help ratings. The guy is a tool, nothing more

He was 100% right, he said Kentucky is a time share now. It doesn’t feel like a program because of the turn style of players. That Cal is only a salesman, not a coach. That Kentucky deserves a coach who cares about winning here and he’s absolutely right. He said stop hiding behind the kids, they will be millionaires and could have went anywhere. They didn’t need you to get rich.
Therein lies the problem. Calipari cares nothing about winning or keeping the Kentucky tradition alive. He cares about keeping the NBA filled with his recruits so that he can say he helped these guys fulfill their dreams and get wealthy. That is what agents do. Not college coaches at high level bb schools…

Therein lies the problem. Calipari cares nothing about winning or keeping the Kentucky tradition alive. He cares about keeping the NBA filled with his recruits so that he can say he helped these guys fulfill their dreams and get wealthy. That is what agents do. Not college coaches at high level bb schools…
You are exactly right. Cal isn’t a coach anymore. He’s an agent. That’s exactly right. He’s not in the business of leading his school to good seasons. His only concern is getting kids contracts.

And yet good ol' Seth Greenburg was defending him. Sickening.

Jones was talking today about how EVERYONE and I mean EVERYONE who has doubted or criticized Cal has been ostracized. It's about to be a "bloody" offseason.
Cal is entrenched. The media is entrenched. And the fans are caught in No Man's Land.
I have developed a hypothesis on that...
I would bet that UK (or Cal?) pays certain ESPN mouths for every time they say something positive about the UK basketball program on air. The idea started as noticed (especially early this year) UK getting interjected in conversations that had nothing to do with us.
If true, it's smart (if for nothing more than recruiting).

I have developed a hypothesis on that...
I would bet that UK (or Cal?) pays certain ESPN mouths for every time they say something positive about the UK basketball program on air. The idea started as noticed (especially early this year) UK getting interjected in conversations that had nothing to do with us.
If true, it's smart (if for nothing more than recruiting).
Maybe but I doubt it. Certain media just like their access.

Notice it's the ones who truly care about UK or don't give two craps about access that are telling the truth.

This is the only explanation that makes sense. It explains a lot of what we've seen the last few years. His priorities changed at some point. You can see the seeds of it all the way back in the situation with Dajaun Wagner at Memphis. It definitely accelerated during/after COVID. To me, this is the only thing that can explain the drop-off in results.

If those things are more important to Cal now, that's understandable. The thing to do is retire from coaching basketball and find other ways to pursue those goals. It's NOT OK to use his position as UK basketball coach to pursue his personal goals. Which is clearly what he is doing.

This is the only explanation that makes sense. It explains a lot of what we've seen the last few years. His priorities changed at some point. You can see the seeds of it all the way back in the situation with Dajaun Wagner at Memphis. It definitely accelerated during/after COVID. To me, this is the only thing that can explain the drop-off in results.

If those things are more important to Cal now, that's understandable. The thing to do is retire from coaching basketball and find other ways to pursue those goals. It's NOT OK to use his position as UK basketball coach to pursue his personal goals. Which is clearly what he is doing.
So true, Cal should take his own advice... "Kentucky isn't for everyone."

It's not fun, but it's almost kind of cathartic, therapeutic, whatever you want to call it.

Nice to know that we ain't the crazy ones.

Even though a lot of folks on here and across BBN have been saying the same things for about a decade, it needed to be said and heard by an outsider with no skin in the game with a huge platform and reputation. He doesn't benefit if Calipari stays or goes.

Let's hope all the national media keep it up. The UK administration needs all the heat they can get right now.
Doubt it would happen, but I'd love to see the national media actually roll up on UK's campus, asking for interviews, see twitter footage of Cal or Mitch hiding in their offices. Make them a public spectacle, the same way they've made a mockery of UK.

The other day he was mocking Joe Rogan and Aaron Rodgers and said "there's a time and a place for everything".

Yeah you POS, a sports talk show is not the time and place for your political beliefs. Total hypocrite. That's when I tuned him out forever.

But this is not my thread so I'll exit.
Everyone is free to like or not like him or anyone else. No issue my dude. Just saying about this topic it was nice to hear.

Reactions: ukjenning44
Generally he just spews hot takes for attention. Also I am not sure he even watches college basketball. Isn’t he eat up with nfl? If he is ripping cal it is a pretty safe thing to say at the moment but still “edgy” so not surprised.

Nobody is going to have great, perfectly articulate, 100% factual takes every time.

He's one of the few who will actually own up to being wrong, explain why, and accept something else based on whatever the information is. He has actual planned/blocked segments on it.

He also has great guests who are more knowledgeable than he is.

I like Rogan and Rodgers a lot. Both very interesting guys with interesting takes on things. Some great, some not so great. That's okay, like CC, they won't have home run opinions/beliefs all the time.

They're both most likely closer to Colin on a lot of things. One is a Cal Berkely kid, and the other is a self-proclaimed dope smoking Bernie Bro. Both are from coastal liberal utopias. Both mock people.
@Cold Stout Beer needs to come up for air from Cal

Great post

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT