ADVERTISEMENT

Masks at Rupp Arena

Status
Not open for further replies.
We were kicked out (asked to leave) of a souvenir store inside a Virginia National Park for not having a mask yesterday.

Honestly had no idea it was a requirement. Saw the sign on door but lots of places have those signs including a gas station/rest area inside the park we visited just 10-15 minutes prior (half the people were unmasked).

Older lady asked if I/we had a mask at souvenir store. I said no, but I'm vaccinated. She said it didn't matter. I asked if she had one that we could wear and she said "we're sold out."

IMO if you are going to require a mask you should have them available to patrons of your establisent- CODB.

They missed out on probably $100 worth of sales as my kids were bummed they had to leave.

Last edited:
We were kicked out (asked to leave) of a souvenir store inside a Virginia National Park for not having a mask yesterday.

Honestly had no idea it was a requirement. Saw the sign on door but lots of places have those signs including a gas station/rest area inside the park we visited just 10-15 minutes prior (half the people were unmasked).

Older lady asked if I/we had a mask at souvenir store. I said no, but I'm vaccinated. She said it didn't matter. I asked if she had one that we could wear and she said "we're sold out."

IMO if you are going to require a mask you should have them available to patrons of your establisent- CODB.

They missed out on probably $100 worth of sales as my kids were bummed they had to leave.

Definitely would make sense.

I"m vaccinated but I don't have an issue if a business requires their customers to wear masks or not but since I'm vaccinated I don't always have a mask with me.

Oh well.......ultimately it's the business losing out on money. But yeah having some available to their customers would make sense.

Also this notion about not wanting to be told what to do.........please. I mean before the pandemic a lot of stores had a no shirt no shoes no business sign. It's their business they are free to do whatever they want to do.

We have laws that govern what we can and can't do in this country.

You've been following rules your entire life lol.

Never forget your paper mask!!

I never put much thought into the people that were constantly talking about freedom and power grab in regards to masks

now I'm looking at a memo from work saying we're expecting 15% attrition due to the vaccine mandate on December 8.

The government forcing business to fire hard working Americans because they refuse to take a vaccine (now with relatively lower efficacy than initially advertised) is opening my eyes to what they meant.

I never put much thought into the people that were constantly talking about freedom and power grab in regards to masks

now I'm looking at a memo from work saying we're expecting 15% attrition due to the vaccine mandate on December 8.

The government forcing business to fire hard working Americans because they refuse to take a vaccine (now with relatively lower efficacy than initially advertised) is opening my eyes to what they meant.
Yep. It’s all irrelevant, counterproductive bullshit. They’re allowing illegal immigrants to pour into the country, by the tens of thousands, unchecked and unvaccinated. Not to mention, they’re literally bringing Covid and other diseases with them. This administration hasn’t lifted one finger to do a damn thing to address this either.

Yet, hard working Americans are forced to do what illegals aren’t required to do? Unbelievable level of hypocrisy we are witnessing here. Absolutely off the charts.

Vaccination requirements for many jobs is nothing new. Politicizing them for political power is.
That said, no way I wear a mask in there for an event that requires yelling/cheering and I'm pro mask.
They should require proof of vaccination if they do anything. I went to a concert recently requiring that and it was no problem.
But at the end of the day....their venue, their rules.

The fact that it doesn’t seem to be ending is the maddening part. Two years of this shit and counting. FFS

Vaccination requirements for many jobs is nothing new. Politicizing them for political power is.
That said, no way I wear a mask in there for an event that requires yelling/cheering and I'm pro mask.
They should require proof of vaccination if they do anything. I went to a concert recently requiring that and it was no problem.
But at the end of the day....their venue, their rules.
many jobs?

define many

These liberals are off their damn rocker. They want to control and spy on every part of American citizen’s lives. It’s funny how they insisted that Trump was a dictator. Lmao clowns.
Both parties want that same control in my book but right on. The government is supposed to represent us and our interests and have consistently failed to do so for many decades.

And there is absolutely no reason someone who is vaccinated should have to wear a mask anywhere or be concerned about the unvaccinated if that is their decision. If we don’t make this about personal decisions we are eventually lost.

Both parties want that same control in my book but right on. The government is supposed to represent us and our interests and have consistently failed to do so for many decades.
I don’t agree. There’s several right wing politicians fighting for our rights and liberties every single day. Now, RINOS, I agree. They’re sellouts.

These liberals are off their damn rocker. They want to control and spy on every part of American citizen’s lives. It’s funny how they insisted that Trump was a dictator. Lmao clowns.
I seem to remember it being the Republicans in 2001 that drafted and passed the Patriot Act, which basically gave away your right to privacy. Trump also tried to make 3 of the most controversial provisions of the act permanent during his term.

Both parties are screwing this country.

• Haha
Reactions: UKrazycat2 and Aike
I don’t agree. There’s several right wing politicians fighting for our rights and liberties every single day. Now, RINOS, I agree. They’re sellouts.
Show me one that isn’t rich as sh*t and I might believe you.

I seem to remember it being the Republicans in 2001 that drafted and passed the Patriot Act, which basically gave away your right to privacy. Trump also tried to make 3 of the most controversial provisions of the act permanent during his term.

Both parties are screwing this country.
I’m not familiar with Trump’s provisions. However, Bush is one of the worst Presidents we ever had. He’s a phony, globalist sellout as well.

I get where you’re coming from but business also require shirts, shoes and don’t provide them. I don’t have a problem wearing a mask if I happen to have one I also don’t have a problem not shopping somewhere if they require it and I don’t have one.

Those that think the masks don't do anything good.......

Try sharting in your tidy whities and let us know if they helped to keep your pants clean.

530be827f3c178e3317346b65ee6aa3d_w200.gif

I get where you’re coming from but business also require shirts, shoes and don’t provide them. I don’t have a problem wearing a mask if I happen to have one I also don’t have a problem not shopping somewhere if they require it and I don’t have one.
One of those things are not like the others. 🤣

Reactions: UK till Death
I’m not familiar with Trump’s provisions. However, Bush is one of the worst Presidents we ever had. He’s a phony, globalist sellout as well.
Every republican since Reagan has sucked. Hell, the only good president we've have since Reagan was Clinton, personal scandals aside.

Trump wanted to strip your rights and limit access to info just like the others you're complaining about.

It sounds like you're more of a libertarian than conservative-republican.

• Haha
Reactions: UKrazycat2
many jobs?

define many
This is a good question. My job requires vaccination(flu vax, for example), but also very clearly has a declination option for folks who choose to decline for whatever reason. A requirement without a declination option is a whole different animal.

Every republican since Reagan has sucked. Hell, the only good president we've have since Reagan was Clinton, personal scandals aside.

Trump wanted to strip your rights and limit access to info just like the others you're complaining about.

It sounds like you're more of a libertarian than conservative.
Clinton was good. Wait, Trump wanted to strip rights away and limit access to info? You’re gonna have to be more specific.

Reactions: UK till Death
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT