ADVERTISEMENT

Auburn Fans Mock Rupp Environment (And They Ain't Wrong...)

To be fair, give Kentucky fans something to get up and make noise about and they will. Young, old, or in between.
When is the last time we saw our team come out fired up and ready to fight from the opening tip when it wasn't a top team?
Say what you will about coaches like Bruce Pearl, Eric Musselman, or Buzz Williams. They almost always have their teams hyped and motivated. Our teams for several years now have looked like they just woke up for home games and are just going through the motions the first 10 minutes.
I can remember when our teams were like that. The Pitino teams were fun to watch. I was at some of those games and the place was loud. Everyone was cheering....even the "old blue hairs". It goes both ways. Someone might say, "well, if people would cheer, the team would get fired up". If that's what it takes before the team gets fired up and not on their own, I think that's pretty weak. Our team should come out fired up and ready to play. It's not the fans job to push them to get fired up to play.

And about the old people in the lower seats. Talk to UK administration about that. Does anyone know how much those tickets are? Geez, I'm old and can't afford those. We're talking THOUSANDS!! I agree about the cushy box seats. That would make everybody happy. But it's not the "blue hairs" fault.

Duke's student section is on the side of the court (instead of behind one of the goals), student tickets are free, and the seating capacity for Cameron Indoor is only 9,314. That's how you create a great atmosphere. It's hard to replicate that at Rupp Arena.

Reactions: ukfan1622
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT