ADVERTISEMENT

Mark Stoops

LXWildcat

Sophomore
Nov 25, 2023
I think Stoops has done a great job at turning this program around, but I believe if next season turns out to be a failure he will finally depart from UK. In his message he made it a point to say he wouldn’t leave “right now” doesn’t sound like a guy who plans to be at UK long term. It’s only a matter of time, I think the administration should seriously start making a short list of candidates they want to pursue after Stoops. I’m not bashing Stoops for the job he has done, but don’t expect him to stay long term..

All CMS has to do is let others do.

He's well over a decade in. His job is safe, his legacy secure. He's at the point now where he needs to transcend to being a figure head at the top.

Let Coen take over all offense from recruiting to staff. Same goes for DC and that side. Find a special team's guy who can run that.

Like the Queen...now King...all he needs to do is show up and wave. Host some big dinners. Do some charity stuff.

Yes, Mark Stoops does not in fact plan on dying at the 50 yard line in the 3rd quarter against Missouri one day years from now. He is leaving open he will leave UK and Lexington in something other than a casket sometime in the future.

Some can find that outrageous or insulting, or he has 1 foot out the door. I find it saying reality.

Yes, Mark Stoops does not in fact plan on dying at the 50 yard line in the 3rd quarter against Missouri one day years from now. He is leaving open he will leave UK and Lexington in something other than a casket sometime in the future.

Some can find that outrageous or insulting, or he has 1 foot out the door. I find it saying reality.
So is going to coach at Iowa or Texas AM going to make you die differently as a coach? I don't get why the UK job is any different in a negative way...(if anything Mitch makes it clear you don't have to be all the good to get eons of money)

Reactions: sluggercatfan
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT