ADVERTISEMENT

MARK FEW

Would gladly take him or anyone at this point but he did have a DUI so my guess is he wouldn’t be considered.

Reactions: seccats04
I've always been a Mark Few fan. He makes less than $2 million/annually so a salary between $4 - $5 million would be a nice bump and allow us to buy out Cal very easily. I don't think he would make the move unless he is consumed by winning a title. He's been in OR and WA his entire life and been at Gonzaga since 1989.

Reactions: bIhawk and Cats192
Well, that'd be a really bad trade
Not really, BCG is a weird little dude who was easy to get rid of. No lifetime contracts or any of that BS.

JC is a greaseball who knows exactly what he's doing & has hijacked the program. Plus it doesn't look like he intends to leave (without a massive buyout) anytime soon.

• Sad
Reactions: bIhawk and cathouse
Not really, BCG is a weird little dude who was easy to get rid of. No lifetime contracts or any of that BS.

JC is a greaseball who knows exactly what he's doing & has hijacked the program. Plus it doesn't look like he intends to leave (without a massive buyout) anytime soon.

So you want to replace Calipari with a guy easier to fire?

I mean, come on, I get being frustrated with Calipari.....I get why we'd even replace him... but yeah, we could do worse too.

I get the we could do worse take but at some point Kentucky is suffering. We haven't sniffed the FF in how long? At some point you have to take a risk and at this point, I don't think it is a risk. Cal's not cutting it and we need to move on. Not cutting it and also not cutting it at the tune of $9-10 mill/year is not an option.

This is the answer... I know nobody wants to follow the great JC. Mark has team USA ties and gets good players that plays a system. Why that guy has stayed at Gonzaga for so long I don't know but if he wants to win anything serious in his coaching career he needs to take this job and not worry bout the Calipari effect.
WAAAAAYYYYYY better options out there for UK!!!!

We need an intelligent, hungry, motivated innovator that wants to win EVERY game!!!!

I love Mark Few, but he's a west coast guy, has a guaranteed path to the NCAA Tournament every season, a buffet of wins to pad his career totals, zero pressure, and has been at that school since 89. He will have the campus named after him when he retires.

We could offer him more money than Gonzaga could, obviously, and better recruiting resources (but to be honest, he's not had issues getting talent). I feel like if he really cared about making 6-7 million instead of 2 million, he'd already be at Arizona, UDub, UCLA, etc.

I don't think he'd leave.

Last edited:
I love Mark Few, but he's a west coast guy, has a guaranteed path to the NCAA Tournament every season, a buffet of wins to pad his career totals, zero pressure, and has been at that school since 89. He will have the campus named after him when he retires.

We could offer him more money than Gonzaga could, obviously, and better recruiting resources (but to be honest, he's not had issues getting talent). I feel like if he really cared about making 6-7 million instead of 2 million, he'd already be at Arizona, UDub, UCLA, etc.

I agree with this. I'm just saying IF he possibly might leave, this would be your only window. And any later wouldn't make sense from Kentucky's side.

If anyone was going to get him, it was going to be Oregon back in 2009. He's an Oregon grad, grew up 15 minutes from Eugene, his family still lived there and his friend was the Oregon AD at the time. If he didn't take that job, he's not taking any other job imo.

Reactions: Pygmy Sasquatch
People need to read up on Few. He loves Spokane and isn’t leaving. He’s said this a lot. One of the reasons he loves it so much is because of the fly fishing. Sometimes guys just find their perfect school and will never leave. Few is one of them. Wright was another. And I’ll put my money on Hurley being one too.

I do like his style of offense, and I do like his USA basketball connections, but...

He ain't that young, and if anything as of late, there's a trend of coaches retiring earlier than expected because of portal/NIL era. Then, there's the problem of...

The DUI. Barnhart might not be playing that game. Mitch is as straight-laced as they come, so Chris Beard, Nate Oates, Mark Few - those might be tougher to sell to Mitch than to the fanbase...

And the fearful one will not do it.

im not sure few is the right fit. We need someone who understands nil and can assemble a roster to win in this era of men.

Cal will embarrass himself If he stays much longer. It's already pathetic and with all that nba player money he can only win 1 title and can't beat St Pete. Does the guy even know everyone is making fun of him. How bad does it have to be before he finds out that it's over.

He doesn't even have the best team in the WCC anymore.

This guy isn't it. You want to get rid of Cal for him, fine. But I don't think we're going to be any happier with the results.

Cal will embarrass himself If he stays much longer. It's already pathetic and with all that nba player money he can only win 1 title and can't beat St Pete. Does the guy even know everyone is making fun of him. How bad does it have to be before he finds out that it's over.
He’s already embarrassed himself. He’s lost 8 games already (including three in a row at home!!) with two lottery picks and an All-American candidate. He will lose on Friday in the SEC tourney, won’t make the second weekend, and will lose 12 games with a roster that will send 5 guys to the league.

Reactions: jof2
I mean the way Mark Few OUT COACHED CCC by making adjustments and running the same play 8 times in a row because CAL's stubborn can't coach a$$ didn't adjust or see it.

I think Few should be on the list, but maybe 3rd or 4th call.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT