ADVERTISEMENT

MARK FEW

This is the answer... I know nobody wants to follow the great JC. Mark has team USA ties and gets good players that plays a system. Why that guy has stayed at Gonzaga for so long I don't know but if he wants to win anything serious in his coaching career he needs to take this job and not worry bout the Calipari effect.
I know someone who talked to him when he was here. He wanted this job. He said he wanted when Billy Clyde was hired but Uk wouldn’t consider him. Out of his own mouth.

Reactions: BGCATFAN2012
I think Few is a very good coach, and would excel at UK. I'd be happy with the hire. But...

1. I don't think he's leaving Gonzaga. He's a west coast guy. He's been at Gonzaga for 25 years. He practically made that place. They had 2 tournament appearances before Few took over. He's had them as a contender for several years now.

2. I don't think his age of 61 means he can't be the coach. I do think he probably isn't switching at 61 to coach here 5-7 years. I also think there are a lot of options that will be here a lot longer.

I keep hearing from multiple places with certainty that Scott Drew is the next coach. I've heard it so much that I believe it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT