ADVERTISEMENT

Mackenzie Mgbako

Yup. And people will once again wonder next year why we have so many injuries and no one can hit the broadside of a barn down the stretch. Lord forbid we have depth and not play someone 40 minutes a game. Wouldn't want to steal their heart.
Cal hates stealing hearts unless it's BBN's heart. He's fine with letting our fans down on an annual basis as the Shaedon Sharpes and Chris Livingstons of the world wipe their butts with our program.

Cal has to know his job is on the line next year. You think he would say to hell with players first, I need depth and to fill out these scholarships and not run anyone off that wants to come back. Cal's tenure here is going to end with a whimper.

Agree, he would be perfect four for cal, but I get cal wanting an experienced 3-4 to. You probably know this but apparently he wants to be the guy, and get first option touches and shots, so that’s why Louisville is being brought up as the option
Give me talent over experience anyday. He’s the real deal….I’d take him right now over Livingston.

Calipari doesn't want to scare Bradshaw at the 4 or Edwards at the 3.

Can't have too much quality competition.

Let's refresh this thread next Spring when we lack quality depth and end up losing by one or two possessions again because of tired legs and a short rotation...

Rafters Posters: "Cal is afraid of having depth, so he won't recruit Mgbako!"

People with common sense: "Didn't Mgbako just decommit from Duke because he was afraid of competing with their depth?"

Reactions: Oboro3
Maybe Mackenzie Mgbako wised up and came to realize that Mike Krzyzewski ain't walking through that door.

Rafters Posters: "Cal is afraid of having depth, so he won't recruit Mgbako!"

People with common sense: "Didn't Mgbako just decommit from Duke because he was afraid of competing with their depth?"
Normal humans: let me create one account for this message board.

Leadbelly: let me create 106 accounts so I can argue against whatever the popular sentiment is.

Cal has to know his job is on the line next year. You think he would say to hell with players first, I need depth and to fill out these scholarships and not run anyone off that wants to come back. Cal's tenure here is going to end with a whimper.
Why would Cal know something that’s not true?

Pilgrim just said mcgbako reached out to Kentucky and said he was interested and Kentucky so no thank you
I don’t buy that at all but if it is true, like Ralph said there probably isn’t enough minutes for him if the guys return who we think will and they have 2 years of evidence that the he doesn’t play very well with Wagner and Bradshaw.

Reactions: Dontworryboutit23
I don’t buy that at all but if it is true, like Ralph said there probably isn’t enough minutes for him if the guys return who we think will and they have 2 years of evidence that the he doesn’t play very well with Wagner and Bradshaw.
Who is returning?Livingston and Collins are gone and I don't think Oscar returns.

We need to get the 6’9 kid from UT and start him at forward. Bradshaw can back him up as well as Oyenso. Cal better not be sitting around waiting on these kids to decide if they are coming back. They weren’t that good to begin with. They are holding the program hostage.

If that
if true, unreal!
If true, Cal would be the dumbest man who ever recruited a player. Ha. Anyone in the country would be better having this young man on their team. He is a MKG type if needs to be who’ll do all the little things you need to win or a player you can play though. Just a really good player who wins. He would definitely be a plus for this Kentucky team and could be the missing piece we need actually to make a real run. Seems like a really good kid as well.

Cal's not going to recruit him because of Edwards and Bradshaw. Mgbako can play the 3 or 4 pretty well but to me hes the perfect 4 for today's game.

He's supposed to commit sometime in the next 2 weeks but I have absolutely zero faith UofLs staff can maintain his interest and lock him down if he takes that long. I really think UK could swoop in and thrown a huge NIL deal at him and easily sway him because I think the assumption he ends up at Louisville is being drastically overestimated.

if true, unreal!

That would have to because of an unknown issue because of sketchy handlers or attitude or something. I'm as frustrated at cal as the next person but nobody here truly believes he'd self sabotage this program to that degree by turning away a good player without a good reason. If he was, why recruit at all and get guys like Edwards and Wagner and Dillingham and Bradshaw at all? Again, if true, there's a lot more to the story.

That would have to because of an unknown issue because of sketchy handlers or attitude or something. I'm as frustrated at cal as the next person but nobody here truly believes he'd self sabotage this program to that degree by turning away a good player without a good reason. If he was, why recruit at all and get guys like Edwards and Wagner and Dillingham and Bradshaw at all? Again, if true, there's a lot more to the story.
I don't think there has to be an assumption of a character issue. He likely doesn't see a spot for him and doesn't want another Freshman mouth to feed - that simple. I'm sure if he could go back in time he maybe would have shuffled things up and taken Mgbako instead of one of the other Freshman but as it stands UK desperately needs experience and shooters.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT