ADVERTISEMENT

Mackenzie Mgbako

What in the world? This board would have several members on Cal's lawn this AM if we lost a top 10 recruit who signed. Is there any info on what happened?
Fascinated for the truth to come out….but if I had to guess he got some large NIL guarantees from other schools and Duke refused to play ball. I think they use the same approach as UK. No guarantee but we can likely get you large dollars with the size and reach of our platform. Filipowski should be playing Center and this kid is a wing so I don’t see the conflict in playing time.

Fascinated for the truth to come out….but if I had to guess he got some large NIL guarantees from other schools and Duke refused to play ball. I think they use the same approach as UK. No guarantee but we can likely get you large dollars with the size and reach of our platform. Filipowski should be playing Center and this kid is a wing so I don’t see the conflict in playing time.
Flip may not play Center

• Haha
Reactions: screwduke1
Here's me reading the tea leaves, IF in fact Mgbako opens his recruitment back up:
Antigua was his lead recruiter, and he took an official visit in October
He's from Roselle Catholic, where Briscoe attended (maybe others as well, MKG?)
Auburn, Memphis, and UCONN were also on his list. UCONN just got Clinigan back, but I haven't seen much about UCONN adding from the portal. Memphis has added 2 small forwards from the portal, even though Mgbako is a PF, still might have an impact - I don't know a ton about who Memphis returns outside of that.
I'm not sure how the Auburn roster looks right now, but they've been very active recruiting in the portal so far and I'm sure they'll try to get involved again.

But for sure, the status of Ugonna and Oscar obviously impact Mgbako's view on UK

Should be noted that he did NOT take an official to Auburn, nor UCONN during HS.

I can't wait to see him no matter who he decides to play for. At one point looked to be the
#1 player, until others caught up. I think there is a good chance he struggles as his shooting and ball handling are suspect.

Flip may not play Center
You could be right….Scheyer may have promised him that he wouldn’t have to play Center if he returned. And not trying to flame but that’s a dumb coaching decision. Unless you have an athletic freak like Lively cleaning up behind you he needs to play Center due to lack of lateral quickness and defending ability.

You could be right….Scheyer may have promised him that he wouldn’t have to play Center if he returned. And not trying to flame but that’s a dumb coaching decision. Unless you have an athletic freak like Lively cleaning up behind you he needs to play Center due to lack of lateral quickness and defending ability.
I am confident a center is coming via the portal

Reactions: ceilo77
Dude had 22 and 8 in the Nike Hoops Summit. At times the best player on the floor.

He did look pretty good. But most likely if he decommits Duke only would have him for one year anyway and if the others come back, they won’t really miss him too much. He can go be “ the Man ‘ somewhere else.

Reactions: Duke Blu
Here's me reading the tea leaves, IF in fact Mgbako opens his recruitment back up:
Antigua was his lead recruiter, and he took an official visit in October
He's from Roselle Catholic, where Briscoe attended (maybe others as well, MKG?)
Auburn, Memphis, and UCONN were also on his list. UCONN just got Clinigan back, but I haven't seen much about UCONN adding from the portal. Memphis has added 2 small forwards from the portal, even though Mgbako is a PF, still might have an impact - I don't know a ton about who Memphis returns outside of that.
I'm not sure how the Auburn roster looks right now, but they've been very active recruiting in the portal so far and I'm sure they'll try to get involved again.

But for sure, the status of Ugonna and Oscar obviously impact Mgbako's view on UK

Should be noted that he did NOT take an official to Auburn, nor UCONN during HS.
Might as well add that he was also the AAU teammate of Wagner and Bradshaw

Plus, Flopkowski would be in better position to draw more flops playing Center.

Reactions: Blue Bigfoot
What in the world? This board would have several members on Cal's lawn this AM if we lost a top 10 recruit who signed. Is there any info on what happened?
Still could happen, dillingham is still a guessing game if he ends up at Kentucky

If they are returning Ugonna and Oscar, then there’s no room for this guy. The 4 and 5 spots are pretty set with Ugonna, Ware, Oscar and Bradshaw.

Reactions: Fox2monk
If they are returning Ugonna and Oscar, then there’s no room for this guy. The 4 and 5 spots are pretty set with Ugonna, Ware, Oscar and Bradshaw.
I am sure Bradshaw's camp has already told Cal he is a PF and Cal can't bring in another 5 star to compete with him or next thing you know Bradshaw is gone lol! It is just complete insanity now!

I am sure Bradshaw's camp has already told Cal he is a PF and Cal can't bring in another 5 star to compete with him or next thing you know Bradshaw is gone lol! It is just complete insanity now!
No offense to bradshaw and his camp but screw that, screw trying to satisfy these camps, it’s Kentucky there are going to be other talented players here if you can’t handle competition than don’t come here, that’s the problem cal got away from competition and having complete rosters, now he tries to get everybody happy and worry about their camps and feelings

No offense to bradshaw and his camp but screw that, screw trying to satisfy these camps, it’s Kentucky there are going to be other talented players here if you can’t handle competition than don’t come here, that’s the problem cal got away from competition and having complete rosters, now he tries to get everybody happy and worry about their camps and feelings
We have the top-rated big in the upcoming class coming. We also will probably get Ugo or Oscar back. There is no room for this guy.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT