ADVERTISEMENT

Louisville 9.5 Point Favorite

Feel bad for whoever made that line. Not as bad as last year’s 28 points, I suppose. But that’s pretty bad. It is a home game, so does that mean ACC officiating crew? I can’t remember the rotation.

Wow....I didn't think it would be more than 4-5

That tells you what Vegas thinks about our defense, because we're going to score a lot against Louisville.

Two factors primarily ... and both relate to Louisville's end instead of ours. Imo.

One, the line would definitely have been lower prior to the last 2 weeks. Louisville has played far and away their best football the last 2 weeks. Demolished UVA and Syracuse (while both typically not good, both are competitive and respectable this year).

Second factor is Vegas has overrated Louisville all year long honestly. They were only +3 at Clemson earlier. They were -3 on the road at NC St and Wake (both of whom have been ranked at various times, and very competitive against some good teams). They lost both games and I would say that both those teams are better than Louisville. They should have been about +3 in each game, so I've thought Vegas has been off about 6 points on UL all year really. They were -18.5 against BC.

They were overvalued from the beginning and Vegas never fully adjusted. They also started the year 1-6 against the spread for a reason. They've been 3-1 the last month, which as I mentioned they have been playing better it seems of late.

I would have guessed 5 or 6 .. . Surprised its more than a TD .. Cmon they are Lil Brother.

Two factors primarily ... and both relate to Louisville's end instead of ours. Imo.

One, the line would definitely have been lower prior to the last 2 weeks. Louisville has played far and away their best football the last 2 weeks. Demolished UVA and Syracuse (while both typically not good, both are competitive and respectable this year).

Second factor is Vegas has overrated Louisville all year long honestly. They were only +3 at Clemson earlier. They were -3 on the road at NC St and Wake (both of whom have been ranked at various times, and very competitive against some good teams). They lost both games and I would say that both those teams are better than Louisville. They should have been about +3 in each game, so I've thought Vegas has been off about 6 points on UL all year really. They were -18.5 against BC.

They were overvalued from the beginning and Vegas never fully adjusted. They also started the year 1-6 against the spread for a reason. They've been 3-1 the last month, which as I mentioned they have been playing better it seems of late.
Good post.

Without Jackson they have a losing record.

Disagree. I don’t know who Louisville has behind him and Petrino is just not a good guy, but I respect his knowledge and assume he’d still have a 7-4 team. IMO. They may not beat FSU but they don’t lose to the BCs or Wake Forests of the world either. Football is a weird game week to week.

Where U.K. Is concerned, it doesn't seem to matter what conference the referees are from!

Do you think the games would be officiated the same if we had, say, Mountain West officials?

I think there’d be a difference, IMO. But no I am not into conspiracies.

Disagree. I don’t know who Louisville has behind him and Petrino is just not a good guy, but I respect his knowledge and assume he’d still have a 7-4 team. IMO. They may not beat FSU but they don’t lose to the BCs or Wake Forests of the world either. Football is a weird game week to week.
They lose to Purdue and FSU without Jackson. At best win one lose one. So they are 6-5 or 5-6 without Jackson.

They lost to BC and Wake with Jackson???

Gotcha. They lose these two games with Jackson. But they would have won without Jackson. So, Jackson is actually a liability? Got it.

I think UK needs Bohanna,and Jones playing well to have a decent defense, what is the story on those two? Is Bohanna injured, and why isn't Jones flying all over the field like he used to?

This betting line is primarily inflated because UL blew out Syracuse, while UK left Athens with a big loss and some important injuries. But all of that can be thrown out the door this week. I don't bet on sports. But If I did, I would gladly take UK -9.5 in this home game.

Reactions: JLo2CobbTDUK
Gotcha. They lose these two games with Jackson. But they would have won without Jackson. So, Jackson is actually a liability? Got it.

Absolutely not. Never said that. But good football coaches make adjustments and put their players in positions to win. I still think it's still early to write off the fact the Petrino's track record says he is successful where he coaches the college game. And no I don't think he has good character and I'm not a Petrino fan. I just respect his abilities as a football coach, is all.

This betting line is primarily inflated because UL blew out Syracuse, while UK left Athens with a big loss and some important injuries. But all of that can be thrown out the door this week. I don't bet on sports. But If I did, I would gladly take UK -9.5 in this home game.

Do you mean taking the +9.5 points? I'm very confident with UK -2, -2.5, -3 if need be. So all in all I'll gladly split my bet and take UK's moneyline and go ahead and take the points too for insurance.

Do you mean taking the +9.5 points? I'm very confident with UK -2, -2.5, -3 if need be. So all in all I'll gladly split my bet and take UK's moneyline and go ahead and take the points too for insurance.

But of course, I will admit that my Ray-Bans are tinted a little blue. I like UK being at home, however. Let's rock 'n' roll, BBN!

If I was a betting man, which I am not, I would take UK and 9.5 points at home.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT