ADVERTISEMENT

lots of noise re: Banchero today

Status
Not open for further replies.
giphy.gif

Yeah must be a terrible burden siding with known liars and trying to make an argument that they are right.

Do you know him? I don't, so I'm not siding with anybody. I just think it's funny when people like you come riding into a thread like the lone ranger, ready to save us all from what you perceive to be misinformation. To me he's as credible as you are. :joy:

Because this thread obviously holds no information and it’s just gonna be mud slinging.

Sure. I agree there is no information in this thread that everyone else couldn’t have gotten through other means.

And if the only goal is to share information that you found on Twitter, people should post a link.

Reactions: WGtripod69
Rafter's Cage Matches. Pay per view web link, for charity. Think about it. We could raise some serious coin for a good cause. Who wouldn't want to see some of these guys go at it for real? I'd pay.

Rafter's Cage Matches. Pay per view web link, for charity. Think about it. We could raise some serious coin for a good cause. Who wouldn't want to see some of these guys go at it for real? I'd pay.

I'm down.....

IF it's for a worthy cause. I'd give them their money's worth...

it is really simple. If Dave would just post a "guys i read this on twitter" or a "guys i talked to a couple of people close to the situation" that would go a long way to keep the bashing of his info at bay. Just simply state where he heard it from, not who, but where. Posting it vaguely is what leads people to call him a fraud.

Do you know him? I don't, so I'm not siding with anybody. I just think it's funny when people like you come riding into a thread like the lone ranger, ready to save us all from what you perceive to be misinformation. To me he's as credible as you are. :joy:

His information is perfect. Because he got it from a Twitter article. The information is completely credible. He’s just dishonest about the source.

I have to admit, I'm not sure why someone would do this after what happened with CC. Just kind of weird to me.
Hell, that was just the latest. He did the same shit with McDaniels, Blackshear and Wiseman. At some point, it may be best to take a few recruitments off. Validate your sources some at least.

Ultimately it's a free country and the dude can post what he wishes. But I don't think it should come to a surprise to him or anyone else when he gets called out for it after repeatedly being wrong and gets caught passing off tweets or online posts as firsthand knowledge. That's just shady and attention seeking.

Reactions: FrankUnderwood
Once again just posting the info without saying where you got it from tends to lead posters on. I do not think it would take a major effort, nor out his "source" is he just simply stated where the info came from. If he read it somewhere, that is OK, we all like to read new info on recruits. And if he wants to post info and not out his source (if there is one), I am OK with that. But to just post info in vague as if he got info no one else has, then that is a problem, Not saying he is doing that, but just simply stating WHERE it came from would save a lot of flack he catches and MAYBE not cause the major shit storm between different alliances of believing his info people and doubters of his info. Maybe he likes the drama, i don't know, but there is a simple, easy solution for it to stop. POST WHERE YOU GOT IT.

All I will say is people are free to think what they want BUT I don't get why people bash Dave but then have no problem when guys like trav , David and others say the exact same thing. Every major recruiting guy got Mcdaniels , CC and others wrong too and it isn't that they got it wrong even it is things change . Mcdaniels was coming here and then EJ decided to come back for example . You can't hold someone accountable for kids changing their minds. That's all my point is . Dave has been posting stuff here since 2000 ( or on UK boards at least ) we all know him and know he used to work in the scouting circuit . It just seems silly to kill a messenger or praise them either for that matter. I take all info with a grain of salt but when 10 guys have the same info the salt adds up at least.

Last edited:
I think Dave is probably a really nice guy but I would have to agree (kindly and not being mean or disrespectful) if you know something you have to give more info than just what a guys Twitter account says. I know if you really do have "sources" you can't name names but if you want people to believe in you then you have to reveal a little more.

Reactions: kl40504
Most of it speculation, some saying he has silently verballed to UK, others saying he is going to reclassify and suit up for UK. All of the noise he has shut down, saying I've told you over and over I'm staying in 21.

Well, here's a thought. If he stated that he is going to reclassify now or anytime soon, he would be declared ineligible for Spring and Summer events that for sure he would like to participate in. So, considering that, there is the thought that he will wait til Summer to reclass.

It's all just noise right now, but there is a lot of it out there today.
Done Deal

Reactions: STL_Cat and Cats192
I’m just tired of people getting on her claiming to be in the know—and when McDaniels or Cunningham prove them wrong—we all turn a blind eye and act like they still have info.

Wake up folks.

Don’t read the post. Really very simple. Seems to be a burden for you.

Don’t read the post. Really very simple. Seems to be a burden for you.

It’s a burden for all of us. Dave has provided much miss information throughout the last year. I think he made three Cade Cunningham threads over a few days more less guaranteeing we were getting the kid.

It’s a burden for all of us. Dave has provided much miss information throughout the last year. I think he made three Cade Cunningham threads over a few days more less guaranteeing we were getting the kid.

Right under the thread title it lists who created the thread. I’d quit clicking on Dave’s threads if I were you. It would save you a lot of stress.

Right under the thread title it lists who created the thread. I’d quit clicking on Dave’s threads if I were you. It would save you a lot of stress.
For someone who keeps saying they aren't bothered by these posts about Dave, you sure keep commenting on them an awful lot. Particularly for someone who is advising everyone else to just put them on ignore if it bothers them.

For someone who keeps saying they aren't bothered by these posts about Dave, you sure keep commenting on them an awful lot. Particularly for someone who is advising everyone else to just put them on ignore if it bothers them.

Some dumbasses keep quoting me, so get a notification. You probably know who I’m talking about

Hell, that was just the latest. He did the same shit with McDaniels, Blackshear and Wiseman. At some point, it may be best to take a few recruitments off. Validate your sources some at least.

Ultimately it's a free country and the dude can post what he wishes. But I don't think it should come to a surprise to him or anyone else when he gets called out for it after repeatedly being wrong and gets caught passing off tweets or online posts as firsthand knowledge. That's just shady and attention seeking.
https://kentuckysportsradio.com/1/dave-kersey-says-cj-leslie-will-commit-2/

Dave was also wrong about CJ Leslie a decade ago as he committed to N.C. state

Reactions: Cats192
First of all, Dave's a good guy and I hope he's doing well.

Second, for at least a decade now, Dave has enjoyed insider status on this and other boards and the reputation that comes with it. Much of that is/was deserved.

I don't know how connected Dave still is or isn't, but I do know that his reputation is still the same. When he posts something, it's viewed as actual information coming from him or his sources, rather than if one of us posted our thoughts or speculations on a recruitment.

Because of that, I think there's a responsibility to be transparent. If you're really hearing something, tell us you're hearing it. If it's your own conjecture, tell us. If you're reading it on twitter, tell us.

Because vague statements lead to confusion, false hope, disappointment, etc. It also plays a bit like trying to have it both ways. If Banchero commits to Kentucky today, Dave bumps the thread and gets to gloat. If he chooses Washington this afternoon, it was just noise he was hearing on twitter or wherever.

I think any experience at all with message boards makes that context obvious and important.

First of all, Dave's a good guy and I hope he's doing well.

Second, for at least a decade now, Dave has enjoyed insider status on this and other boards and the reputation that comes with it. Much of that is/was deserved.

I don't know how connected Dave still is or isn't, but I do know that his reputation is still the same. When he posts something, it's viewed as actual information coming from him or his sources, rather than if one of us posted our thoughts or speculations on a recruitment.

Because of that, I think there's a responsibility to be transparent. If you're really hearing something, tell us you're hearing it. If it's your own conjecture, tell us. If you're reading it on twitter, tell us.

Because vague statements lead to confusion, false hope, disappointment, etc. It also plays a bit like trying to have it both ways. If Banchero commits to Kentucky today, Dave bumps the thread and gets to gloat. If he chooses Washington this afternoon, it was just noise he was hearing on twitter or wherever.

I think any experience at all with message boards makes that context obvious and important.

This

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT