ADVERTISEMENT

Looking waaaay ahead to ul

nkuCATfan

Sophomore
Mar 26, 2010
A little bored today, itching for the weekend football and blue white games. So I ask, anyone know what ul roster looks like? How any of those players match up/some of their strengths?
Just trying to think about how the game is going to be this year at the chicken bucket

They have some decent talent in the starting lineup but limited experience and no depth. They won't be able to handle our size, strength, and depth.

Reactions: Kentucky31
i saw evan daniels tweet about ul possible being a pretty good shooting team and specifically called out the mcmahon kid who is walk-on caliber player to support his opinion.

my thought is that if you are going out of your way to give a team props (and daniels is favorable to ul) and you bring up mcmahon....thats probably a bad sign.

Reactions: awf and BigKari
They could be a little better than most people are probably giving them credit for, but nowhere near the level of UK. Not even in the same stratosphere.

They have a solid young core in V.J. King (lone starter returning from last year), Jordan Nwora, and Darius Perry.

McMahon isn't very talented but can be a threat from deep when he has room.

Malik Williams is back, along with Dwayne Sutton, decent role players from last year.

They also get UConn transfer big man Steven Enoch. I don't know how good of a player he will be but he's a good kid. I own a business near UofL's campus and he is a customer. Have had a few conversations with him (even in my UK gear).

Outside of those guys there's a pretty significant drop off in talent.

They have a solid foundation to build on, but they are a year or two away at best from being any kind of a major threat. This season I think they will struggle to make the tournament (if they are even eligible).

I suspect their lineup will look like this:

McMahon
Perry
King
Nwora
Enoch

Williams
Akoy Agau (Transfer from SMU)
Sutton

Reactions: Kentucky31
i saw evan daniels tweet about ul possible being a pretty good shooting team and specifically called out the mcmahon kid who is walk-on caliber player to support his opinion.

my thought is that if you are going out of your way to give a team props (and daniels is favorable to ul) and you bring up mcmahon....thats probably a bad sign.

Just because he's a scrawny white kid doesn't make him walk-on caliber. He's not an all conference guy but 6 points and 1.5 assists in 16 minutes last year isn't "walk-on caliber."

Looking at their schedule I would predict their record ends up being around 18-13, maybe even closer to 16-15. They are a team of role players with no stars.

A little bored today, itching for the weekend football and blue white games. So I ask, anyone know what ul roster looks like? How any of those players match up/some of their strengths?
Just trying to think about how the game is going to be this year at the chicken bucket
We can’t afford to look ahead! We might lose focus and drop a game:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

CATS win, U6 fans stick their tongues out saying we didn't cover the spread.

Looking at their schedule I would predict their record ends up being around 18-13, maybe even closer to 16-15. They are a team of role players with no stars.

Worse roster, better coach than last year. I see about the same outcome - a high NIT seed.

From Mike Rutherford, who I actually like reading:

—Based on some intel (INTERNET SCOOOOOP), here’s what your starting lineup would be if the season began today:

Christen Cunningham

Ryan McMahon

V.J. King

Jordan Nwora

Steven Enoch

Obviously, there’s a lot of time between now and Nov. 8, but that’s a snapshot of where we are at the moment.

https://www.cardchronicle.com/platf...&utm_source=twitter&__twitter_impression=true

UL won’t be horrible but will probably lose a minimum of 12 games. jmo

UL won’t be horrible but will probably lose a minimum of 12 games. jmo

Agreed. I see Louisville struggling with the Syracuses and Clemsons of their league, let alone Duke, UNC, Virginia, and nonconference opponents like Kentucky and Tennessee.

But it was a smart move on Louisville’s part. When they lose 12+ games they can blame the schedule rather than their subpar basketball team.

I'm sure they will surround V.J. "Adidas" King with some subpar shooters while he gets his 20 shots per game.

I like the little McMahon's shot and Nwora was considered the best shooter in his class, but I just don't know who is going to rebound all of King's bricks.

ADVERTISEMENT