ADVERTISEMENT

Let's never again wonder why they hate us.

I, for one, won't be able to sleep tonight with the thoughts of other fanbases and the media not liking us. How do suggest we atone?

Not the op but

Drive a Duke fans kids to school.

Paint your face and go to a Tar Heel watch party.

Sing Rock Chalk Jayhawk with your Kansas buddies.

Bail a line beard out of jail.

Then they will love us.

UK players? Winners
A lot of our fans? Not so much.

You think there's a single fanbase of a competitive team that doesn't have terrible fans? You think Alabama and Ohio State football fans are all awesome? You think all Duke and UNC fans are awesome?

People have hated Kentucky long before half of us were even alive.

Reactions: lady wildcat
I may be alone in this thought, but I'm starting to be more embarassed by all these bleeding hearts trying to virtue signal each other by talking down to other fans than I am the people who are harassing Higgins.

Blaming the officials is usually a lame way to rationalize a loss, and in the other 99.99% of cases I would agree. HOWEVER, this is about corruption, not just a loss. It became painfully obvious there was an underlying agenda when the dude watches Willis and waits 2 seconds after the supposed foul leads to UK recovering possession before blowing the whistle. Even the other ref came running up to him to tell him it was BS. That single event was all anyone needed to see to understand that corruption (and likely money) was on the line.

your inability to use an apostrophe makes other school's fans ridicule us. Please read up on that. Btw, it is college, not collage. Today has been embarrassing to me as a UK fan.
I'm proud the spell police are on their job! Thank's!! Like I said last night, UK fan's are like crying little school girl's!!!! :chairshot:

OP is overreacting. The majority of the general public don't give a rats arse one way or the other. Believe it or not, there are people that just don't care about sports. Get out of your cocoon.

OP is overreacting. The majority of the general public don't give a rats arse one way or the other. Believe it or not, there are people that just don't care about sports. Get out of your cocoon.

The majority of the country doesn't even care about college basketball. It's like five states, if that.

Harris poll sports popularity
1. NFL
2. MLB
3. College Football
4. Auto racing
5. NBA
6. NHL
7. Men's soccer
8. College basketball

The majority of the country doesn't even care about college basketball. It's like five states, if that.

Harris poll sports popularity
1. NFL
2. MLB
3. College Football
4. Auto racing
5. NBA
6. NHL
7. Men's soccer
8. College basketball
That's based off a poll asking what is your SINGLE FAVORITE sport. It's not a valid measure of overall popularity. If you really think more people watch soccer and hockey in this country that college basketball, you're crazy. Way more of those NFL fans also follow college basketball./football than ever even look at a soccer game, and outside of the deep South, nobody in great numbers follows auto racing either.

To give this some persepctive, of the 26 most watched sporiting events of 2015, the first 15 were NFL games. #16? The College Football Championship. #17? The NCAA Basketball Final. There were NO auto races, NO hockey games, NO MLB games even. The ONLY soccer game was the WOMEN'S World Cup Final - in 26th place. NO Men's soccer. (Source: Bussiness Insider)

I've said this many times here over the years...
When you finally accept that UK basketball has no "friends" it's a lot easier to know who our enemies are.

On a side note, I've never wondered why the Taliban hates Americans either.

That's based off a poll asking what is your SINGLE FAVORITE sport. It's not a valid measure of overall popularity. If you really think more people watch soccer and hockey in this country that college basketball, you're crazy. Way more of those NFL fans also follow college basketball./football than ever even look at a soccer game, and outside of the deep South, nobody in great numbers follows auto racing either.

To give this some persepctive, of the 26 most watched sporiting events of 2015, the first 15 were NFL games. #16? The College Football Championship. #17? The NCAA Basketball Final. There were NO auto races, NO hockey games, NO MLB games even. The ONLY soccer game was the WOMEN'S World Cup Final - in 26th place. NO Men's soccer. (Source: Bussiness Insider)

Are you going to argue that the country gives a crap about college basketball outside of March? There's Kentucky, Kansas, North Carolina and Indiana who all enjoy it. The rest of the states absolutely care very little overall about college basketball.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT